Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    12,879

    Default Wonder Woman 42 Preview


  2. #2
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    12,879

    Default


  3. #3
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    12,879

    Default


  4. #4

    Default

    Can Jason die already?
    "Never place your trust in us. We're only human. Inevitably, we will disappoint you."


  5. #5
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Can Jason die already?
    Can Robinson leave already and take Jason with him. I'm so over this. lol
    Richard Alexander

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Hum... I'm willing to bet that those giants are... well, the giants of Greco-Roman mythology. I've a bad feeling about this. Still, this double page is really beautiful in its abstract way. I still think that Robinson's run should have been early Rebirth instead of what we got, but at least, we're dealing with the aftermath of Darkseid War now, that's it.

    [Totally unrelated, but could someone pm the issue number of Perez's run when he has dealt with Ares and all that stuff? I would like to read more of that era, but the first issue are boring me so much, than even flipping through them is a chore...]
    Last edited by Korath; 03-09-2018 at 04:01 PM.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hum... I'm willing to bet that those giants are... well, the giants of Greco-Roman mythology. I've a bad feeling about this. Still, this double page is really beautiful in its abstract way. I still think that Robinson's run should have been early Rebirth instead of what we got, but at least, we're dealing with the aftermath of Darkseid War now, that's it.

    [Totally unrelated, but could someone pm the issue number of Perez's run when he has dealt with Ares and all that stuff? I would like to read more of that era, but the first issue are boring me so much, than even flipping through them is a chore...]
    Maybe the Titans?

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Didn't solicits mention something about gods from the Dark Multiverse? Maybe it's connected.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe the Titans?
    Yeah, it's also possible, in which case, we could have the gate of Tartarus opening soon.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't solicits mention something about gods from the Dark Multiverse? Maybe it's connected.
    That’s what I was thinking!

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,475

    Default

    Well. At least that is sort on an interesting question mark.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Jason:"But I can fly faster now- even faster than you"

    Why am I not surprised or shocked or even offended by this?
    Oh right........ because first I dropped this book when Rucka left because I knew
    Robinson was going to be writing it and because I have been enjoying buying and
    reading a lot of older and better Wonder Woman material in collected formats this
    past year.

  13. #13
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Jason suit is just like darkseid's

  14. #14
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    "...But I can fly FASTER now--even faster than you..."

    U-uuhh...Styx no?

    Overall, the uniform looks a little better, here. I don't understand how Jason raises his arms overhead or above his shoulders, in that flying scene, ..considering someone welded a car bumper over his chest and back. This armored shirt, Jason's wearing, looks like Amazon design to me, ..but, apparently it isn't. You can all plainly see the ram's head that I spotted [Applause! SO glad it's not a beehive!] on Jason's chest, in #41, ..and I'll remind you that the Golden Fleece (another Argonauts reference) has a ram's head on it. The ram could also point to Ares or the Greek superhero, the Olympian of the Global Guardians.

    Don't get me started on the belt, again.

    Among the shadowy gods, ..I'm seeing one of them is wearing a toga-like robe and a helmet, topped with bull's horns. There is another with a very, very high collar - kinda' looks like one of the celestials from Green Lantern comics - and yet another with what looks like a shield, with a winged creature on it. If any of that sounds familiar to anyone, suggestions are welcome. I remember something about the Olympians having dark god counterparts from a DC comic, called Hercules Unbound, ..but can't much remember what they looked like. The mythical Titans or these 'dark gods' are definitely possibilities...

    And the X-Men'll probably be wanting that costume, back.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-10-2018 at 01:14 AM.
    FINALLY! The greatest comic book movie, ever made... BATMAN REIGNS!

  15. #15
    Incredible Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    "...But I can fly FASTER now--even faster than you..."

    U-uuhh...Styx no?

    Overall, the uniform looks a little better, here. I don't understand how Jason raises his arms overhead or above his shoulders, in that flying scene, ..considering someone welded a car bumper over his chest and back. This armored shirt, Jason's wearing, looks like Amazon design to me, ..but, apparently it isn't. You can all plainly see the ram's head that I spotted [Applause! SO glad it's not a beehive!] on Jason's chest, in #41, ..and I'll remind you that the Golden Fleece (another Argonauts reference) has a ram's head on it. The ram could also point to Ares or the Greek superhero, the Olympian of the Global Guardians.

    Don't get me started on the belt, again.

    Among the shadowy gods, ..I'm seeing one of them is wearing a toga-like robe and a helmet, topped with bull's horns. There is another with a very, very high collar - kinda' looks like one of the celestials from Green Lantern comics - and yet another with what looks like a shield, with a winged creature on it. If any of that sounds familiar to anyone, suggestions are welcome. I remember something about the Olympians having dark god counterparts from a DC comic, called Hercules Unbound, ..but can't much remember what they looked like. The mythical Titans or these 'dark gods' are definitely possibilities...

    And the X-Men'll probably be wanting that costume, back.

    It has something to do with the dark gods that tie to metal. Jason suit is from them I believe. Similar to darkseid suit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •