Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JL Action

Default JL Action

How cool is this?

Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

I loved that feature! So cool to see JLA pay homage to so many of Diana's costumes. Today's episode was one of my favorites. Diana was so awesome in this episode.

I loved how she actually liked the catchphrase Toy Man forced her to say (Superman didn't like his.) And she got to look like a badass against Toy Man's toys and against Batman.

Seriously, can we just give comic Diana JLA Diana's personality already? She's easily the most fun Wonder Woman ever!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

What's her personality ? Does she use the sword and shield a lot?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-04-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What's her personality Does she use the sword and shield a lot?
    Her personality is very cocky. Almost arrogant, but she manages to be more like the "cool chick." She's smart, tough, and they do a good job showing her strategic knowledge. She comes up with winning strategies against enemies and she was the one who picked the location for the League's new headquarters and named it "The Watchtower."

She doesn't use the sword and shield very much at all. There are entire episodes where you don't even see it. Heck, in one episode, she fought a magic-enhanced demon with the sword and shield. She didn't do very well, so she actually threw them away and fought the beast with just her hands, and she actually did better against it. The thing tried to bite her and she blocked with her bracelets, which cracked the demon's teeth.

Her attitude is very much "I'm awesome and I know it."

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Great. We really need to have a media show her strategy

I haven't been following the series too closely -- have any of her other villains appeared besides Circe? I know Cheetah's in the opening but I haven't seen anything about her in the episodes yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I haven't been following the series too closely -- have any of her other villains appeared besides Circe? I know Cheetah's in the opening but I haven't seen anything about her in the episodes yet?
    Circe has been the only one so far. If Cheetah is in the opening sequence, then she should turn up eventually.

Hopefully we'll get several seasons of the show and there will be time to use more of Diana's rogues.

In the meantime, she's done quite well against Mongul's army, the Brothers Djinn, and she even outsmarted the Joker. She has also done well against Luthor. Twice.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Those variant costumes are pretty cool. I wish they would put some white stars on Wonder Woman's skirt.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Found the clip where she throws away her weapons! Well, she throws away the shield, anyway. The monster knocked her sword out of her hand.

And if anyone's looking for context about Constantine's EXTREME British-speak? Batman explains earlier in the episode that Constantine was hit by some kind of spell that massively exaggerated his accent. He doesn't normally talk like that. It was just for this episode.

Naturally, Batman somehow understands him just fine and has to translate for everyone else. :Eyeroll:
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 03-05-2017 at 01:48 PM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

No idea why the video didn't show the ending of that awesome action sequence. But here's the rest of it.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Aaaand.....what the heck? Why not show the part where Diana chooses the location and name of the Watchtower?

You've got issues, Plas.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I loved that feature! So cool to see JLA pay homage to so many of Diana's costumes. Today's episode was one of my favorites. Diana was so awesome in this episode.

I loved how she actually liked the catchphrase Toy Man forced her to say (Superman didn't like his.) And she got to look like a badass against Toy Man's toys and against Batman.

Seriously, can we just give comic Diana JLA Diana's personality already? She's easily the most fun Wonder Woman ever!
    No, thanks. Her comic personality written by Rucka is pitch perfect. I don't like JLA Diana very well, too arrogant. I really don't dig arrogant characters and WW isn't arrogant

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Her personality is very cocky. Almost arrogant, but she manages to be more like the "cool chick." She's smart, tough, and they do a good job showing her strategic knowledge. She comes up with winning strategies against enemies and she was the one who picked the location for the League's new headquarters and named it "The Watchtower."

She doesn't use the sword and shield very much at all. There are entire episodes where you don't even see it. Heck, in one episode, she fought a magic-enhanced demon with the sword and shield. She didn't do very well, so she actually threw them away and fought the beast with just her hands, and she actually did better against it. The thing tried to bite her and she blocked with her bracelets, which cracked the demon's teeth.

Her attitude is very much "I'm awesome and I know it."
    That's not Diana's personality and while I'm at it that's not her boots or haircut either. However I do like the show and think she's represented well for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, thanks. Her comic personality written by Rucka is pitch perfect. I don't like JLA Diana very well, too arrogant. I really don't dig arrogant characters and WW isn't arrogant
    Eh. I don't see her as arrogant. I see her as supremely confident. She's awesome. She knows she's awesome. She goes out and proves her awesomeness all the time.

These days we live in a culture that doesn't admire humility the way it used to. Having Diana be like "Oh, no! I'm no big deal. I'm just insanely beautiful, with the power of a god and the fighting skills to match. No big deal, really." kind of seems ridiculous to a lot of people. Most of the more successful female characters today all have at least a measure of brazenness to them. And this is Wonder Woman we're talking about. The greatest female hero of them all.

If there's one female character who truly deserves to be all "I'm awesome and I know it" it's Wonder Woman.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--