Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,228

    Default

    I personally like the Hood.

    But that aside I never entirely understood people wanting a character (especially a seldom used one) to die. If you don't like the guy, don't read him and he's effectively dead to you. With a guy like Hood, who isn't really used all that much anyways, avoiding him really isn't all that hard if you're not a fan.

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I personally like the Hood.

    But that aside I never entirely understood people wanting a character (especially a seldom used one) to die. If you don't like the guy, don't read him and he's effectively dead to you. With a guy like Hood, who isn't really used all that much anyways, avoiding him really isn't all that hard if you're not a fan.
    I'm guessing that you're not reading Infamous Iron Man or the continuation of it in Riri's book.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  3. #48
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm guessing that you're not reading Infamous Iron Man or the continuation of it in Riri's book.
    I'm aware that he is being used in couple of Bendis books (Defenders and Iron Man), but I think my point still stands. If you're not interested in the character, it's still relatively easy to avoid him because he's not used all that often. Really, Bendis is the only writer interested in him at this point as far as I can tell.

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm aware that he is being used in couple of Bendis books (Defenders and Iron Man), but I think my point still stands. If you're not interested in the character, it's still relatively easy to avoid him because he's not used all that often. Really, Bendis is the only writer interested in him at this point as far as I can tell.
    or maybe other writers have avoided using him because Bendis has a claim on the character. it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  5. #50
    Mighty Member pageturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think they should respect his origin story. he's an ambitious underdog. personally, I think he should have learned the ropes from a bigger name crime boss and, eventually, figured that he could do it better. instead, they skipped to the "I'm in charge now" story. Dark Reign would have worked better if the crime boss who Hood was working under got the invite to Osborn's Cabal, instead. then Norman, after being betrayed by pretty much everyone, could have given the kid a shot; out of desperation. otherwise, it really made no sense for Norman to even acknowledge the character.
    Given his job was just to manage the hired muscle it pretty much fit.

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Given his job was just to manage the hired muscle it pretty much fit.
    he could have just threatened them with the Sentry. everyone else at the table was a known quantity. he would have been better off recruiting someone like Ezekiel Stane (like the Mandarin did). and where was Fisk?
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  7. #52
    Mighty Member pageturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he could have just threatened them with the Sentry. everyone else at the table was a known quantity. he would have been better off recruiting someone like Ezekiel Stane (like the Mandarin did). and where was Fisk?
    I think Fisk was "retired" and out of the country at the time.

    Sentry was his big gun but Hood did the day to day. He already had a gang assembled Norman just took advantage of it. The hood is certainly not the equal of the rest of the Cabal but then again Norman really isn't either.

  8. #53
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    The problem with the Hood is Bendis tried to move him up too fast to the big leagues and it never felt earned, Bendis also made him way more evil then he was before.

    What I do if move him down to the minor leagues and blame Dormammu for the Hood being more evil in the Avengers stories and say that Dormammu was able to use his power to influence other villains who shouldn't want to work for him into becoming his servants, which would explain why someone like the Wizard would want to work for him. With Dormammu's influence gone, the Hood goes back to being a small time hood and maybe he is able to start a smaller gang where blue collar criminals with no direction like the Shocker can join. That way you do not ignore what happened when Bendis wrote him, but you put him back to his original status.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •