Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Spectacular show was a Hobie Renaissance (Hobiessance?) of sorts.
    That random one-joke character?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That random one-joke character?
    It was a funny joke though .

And that show was obviously ultimately building him up to becoming the Prowler like they were building everybody else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was a funny joke though .
    Funny, but there was funnier, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that show was obviously ultimately building him up to becoming the Prowler like they were building everybody else up.
    How was that? I didn't see any buildup for that character for that fate (not saying there wasn't -- the Powers That Be were good about that kind of thing).

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Funny, but there was funnier, IMHO.
    Had a pretty sweet payoff though .

How was that? I didn't see any buildup for that character for that fate (not saying there wasn't -- the Powers That Be were good about that kind of thing).
    Just including him at all meant they were probably going to build-up to him becoming the Prowler.

Though tellingly I doubt we would have ever seen Nightwatch show up .

Astonishing Member

Default Sony film about an obscure superhero from a 1990's Spidey book

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-nightwatch-marvel-sony/

I am under impression that Sony plans to make a Nightwatch film with Spike Lee directing it. They also said this film would be part of Sony’s Spider-Man universe,

What are the chances that an obscure super hero from a Spider-man book more than twenty years ago can make a blockbuster film? Nightwatch had his own series which lasted no more than twelve issues. Nightwatch was also never seen again since the end of the series.

Astonishing Member

If Sony wants to make a film about African-American superhero with ties to Spider-Man, they should use Prowler or Rocket Racer.

Nightwatch was also never seen again since the end of the series.
    He showed up for a few issues of the 2015 She-Hulk series.

I've never read them so i can't tell you anymore than that though.

Incredible Member

I've always thought Cardiac would translate really well into film. It seems almost everyone (in America at least) has very strong feelings about the medical system and there is a lot to of ways they could go with that topic.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I've always thought Cardiac would translate really well into film. It seems almost everyone (in America at least) has very strong feelings about the medical system and there is a lot to of ways they could go with that topic.
    This would actually be a really cool idea, in my opinion. Cardiac is a character who I've always felt has been woefully under-utilized, and he has some very interesting and relatable motivations.

Sony getting big name talent to do lesser known/obscure characters seems like a smart play to me. Right now I'm probably more interested in Lee/Coker than Nightwatch himself but I'm sure they will make me a fan.

I'd probably go with Cardiac, Puma, The Slingers and Silk next.

I actually wouldn't be against a Slingers spin off movie

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I actually wouldn't be against a Slingers spin off movie
    Yes! I feel like the Slingers would probably resonate well with today's movie-hero hype and sate a lot of 90's nostalgia thirst.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

fascinating. Well, best of luck. It doesn't make me feel good that the Silver Sable-Black Cat film has been sidelined, however. We'll see whether this film can actually get produced in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Yeah! I've recently been reading some of the old '80s ASM stuff and Cardiac was one of the more interesting characters that's not a household name (a Robin Hood type who thinks that stopping illegal operations that harm people is okay even if it means breaking the law). He could make for a very well-written antagonist (or one of a couple antagonists, if whatever organization he's fighting against was something Spidey was also opposing).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    fascinating. Well, best of luck. It doesn't make me feel good that the Silver Sable-Black Cat film has been sidelined, however. We'll see whether this film can actually get produced in a timely manner.
    Sony doesn't seem to have much luck with Spidey spinoffs, do they?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    This would actually be a really cool idea, in my opinion. Cardiac is a character who I've always felt has been woefully under-utilized, and he has some very interesting and relatable motivations.
    Slott brought him around somewhat recently, which I though was really cool. I agree he's under utilized. You can go so many different ways with his character and he could really appeal to fans who want to see something besides black and white Good Guys against Bad Guys.