Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    The idea of self-"demotion" down to Kato would be interesting. I say that in quotes because I understand most GH fans hold Kato as equal if not better a fighter than GH.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I really enjoyed the issue. I wonder if Britt Jr. is planning on taking on the Kato role to Mulan's Green Hornet. He is wearing a very Kato type outfit at the end of the issue, like you pointed out, and the synopsis at the end of the issue indicates that he is refusing to reclaim the Green Hornet mantle. Could be an interesting turn of events if it happens.
    Or, if Dynamite wanted to have fun, Britt Jr. could take a new identity: The Crimson Wasp!

For those who don't know,

NOW Comics had featured a female Kato back in the 1990's, named Mishi Kato, who was the daughter of the original Kato. However, when the Green Hornet, Inc. (who NOW was licensing the characters from) eventually wanted the comics to go back to the previous (male) Kato, NOW later made Mishi into "The Crimson Wasp".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or, if Dynamite wanted to have fun, Britt Jr. could take a new identity: The Crimson Wasp!

NOW Comics had featured a female Kato back in the 1990's, named Mishi Kato, who was the daughter of the original Kato. However, when the Green Hornet, Inc. (who NOW was licensing the characters from) eventually wanted the comics to go back to the previous (male) Kato, NOW later made Mishi into "The Crimson Wasp".
    That could be interesting.

Current Top 30 Titles:Accell/Super Sons/Red Hood and the Outlaws/Curse of Brimstone/Superb/New Super-Man/Green Lanterns/Terrifics/Maxwell's Demons/Batman and the Signal/Silencer/Incidentals/Noble/Falcon/My Hero Academia/Ninja-K/Sideways/Monstress/Alters/Batman/Kino/ASM: Renew Your Vows/Summit/Bloodshot: Salvation/Moon Knight/Astonisher/Tales of Suspense/Jazz Maynard/Damage/Brillant Trash

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Looking at that Crimson Wasp now(no pun intended) for the first time in a long long time makes me think the look is inspired by DC's Katana somewhat.

I would love for those NOW issues to be collected in a nice format, OHC is my preference. It is a nice run of issues something like 50-60 including a mini-series or two.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post

That could be interesting.
    They'd probably have to come up with a new costume for him, though.

They'd probably have to come up with a new costume for him, though.
    Obviously.

Current Top 30 Titles:Accell/Super Sons/Red Hood and the Outlaws/Curse of Brimstone/Superb/New Super-Man/Green Lanterns/Terrifics/Maxwell's Demons/Batman and the Signal/Silencer/Incidentals/Noble/Falcon/My Hero Academia/Ninja-K/Sideways/Monstress/Alters/Batman/Kino/ASM: Renew Your Vows/Summit/Bloodshot: Salvation/Moon Knight/Astonisher/Tales of Suspense/Jazz Maynard/Damage/Brillant Trash

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Green Hornet #2 - Mulan's first actual action as the Green Hornet starts as you might expect. Some opposing mobs foot soldiers don't buy that she is the Green Hornet. Kato(her father) allows her to get a bit overworked while stating he had her back the whole time. Clutch, the mechanic(think Harold from 90s Batman run but hipper), gives Mulan grief for bringing Black Beauty 2.0 back so banged up.
    In the comic book, it's referred to as "Black Beauty 3.0".
    I'm assuming the original from 1930s/1940s or the 1960s would be the first one, then "2.0" would be which ever version Mulan was driving back when she was Kato?

Also, why are they bothering with masks and "secret identities"?
    It was bad enough that Kato's code-name was . . . "Kato", but during the battle with the thugs he called "Green Hornet" by her real name of Mulan, and she later referred to Kato as "Dad" in front of a thug and the police.

The Sentinel is being backed into a Buyout by a rival publisher while they are seemingly being scooped about this new Green Hornet. Britt Reid Jr is still MIA and Mulan and Tai are tasked with using all available resources of the Sentinel to find out more. So off to Istanbul they go ...
    What's up with that? I thought Mulan was suppose to be focusing on preserving a presence by the Green Hornet in Century City?

... to meet with the last person to see Britt alive. I'm drawing a blank on the name but he used to be a college roommate of Britts and both are/were in some secret 'Skulls/Crossbones' type outfit.
    For some ungodly reason, they gave that character the name "Sebastian Cabot". REALLY???

16th Century explorer

20th Century actor; played Mr. French on Family Affair

Just as he's starting to explain that part to Mulan, queue up the dark dressed ninja operative. Fight ensues, the boat they are on....sunk. A mysterious boat pulls alongside Mulan, calls her by name and she and Tai jump in to see.....a darkly dressed and bearded Britt Reid Jr in a Kato type outfit.
    My guess about the Kato-type outfit is that Britt had been in disguise as the chauffer that picked up Mulan and Tai at the airport in Istanbul. (We saw him from behind in that one panel, but we also caught a glimpse of him in the rearview mirror in that same panel.)

As for my overall opinion, I'm still not thrilled with the writing or the artwork. I'll give it another issue or three before I decide on staying with it long-term or dropping this.