Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 224
  1. #31
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Ah, 2000AD. I barely know where I should start getting into these stories and characters. I do like Judge Dredd, saw the recent film and read a little of the IDW series (I'm also really happy about the Judge Anderson series), so there's always that.
    Have not read it yet but I know IDW also has a Rogue Trooper series you might want to check that out, they are also reprinting the classic Rogue Troopers also.

  2. #32
    Witcher havok1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rivia
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Have not read it yet but I know IDW also has a Rogue Trooper series you might want to check that out, they are also reprinting the classic Rogue Troopers also.
    My exposure to 2000AD is limited, Ive only read the odd Dredd short story and watched his film adaptations but thats about it (btw the recentish movie with Karl Urban is freaking awesome!); and after picking up the FCBD I was left wanting more.

    I wanted to ask about the Classics that IDW has been reprinting for Dredd and soon for Rogue Trooper, I assume they would be the jumping on point? is the restoration well done, are they (re)colored and if so does it fit the art? And most importantly, do the stories avoid feeling dated? It not, would there be another more recent yet context providing jumping on point?

    I also quite liked the Durham Red short story from the FCBD issue and they announce in there that its getting a US release but is that also coming from IDW?
    Hellboy|Empire|Black Science|Drifter|East Of West|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Nameless|Saga|Tooth & Claw|Velvet|Valiant
    Batman|GreenLantern+Corps|Hellblazer|Justice League|Martian Manhunter|Omega Men|Sinestro|Swamp Thing
    Black Knight|Daredevil|Doc Strange|Secret Wars|Thor|Extraordinary & Uncanny X-Men

  3. #33
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    My exposure to 2000AD is limited, Ive only read the odd Dredd short story and watched his film adaptations but thats about it (btw the recentish movie with Karl Urban is freaking awesome!); and after picking up the FCBD I was left wanting more.

    I wanted to ask about the Classics that IDW has been reprinting for Dredd and soon for Rogue Trooper, I assume they would be the jumping on point? is the restoration well done, are they (re)colored and if so does it fit the art? And most importantly, do the stories avoid feeling dated? It not, would there be another more recent yet context providing jumping on point?

    I also quite liked the Durham Red short story from the FCBD issue and they announce in there that its getting a US release but is that also coming from IDW?
    I do not know how the IDW reprints are, for jumping on points the Complete Case File vol 2 would probably be the best place to start with classic Dredd. I love the early Rogue Trooper but I have only read the black and white reprints, I would suggest checking the IDW one to save some money and if you like the writing and do not mind black and white artwork they have large collections of Rogue Trooper. They have a sequel comic to Dredd movie called Underbelly if you enjoyed the movie you may want to look into that.

  4. #34
    Witcher havok1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rivia
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I do not know how the IDW reprints are, for jumping on points the Complete Case File vol 2 would probably be the best place to start with classic Dredd. I love the early Rogue Trooper but I have only read the black and white reprints, I would suggest checking the IDW one to save some money and if you like the writing and do not mind black and white artwork they have large collections of Rogue Trooper. They have a sequel comic to Dredd movie called Underbelly if you enjoyed the movie you may want to look into that.
    Thanks for the info, I really was looking for a gateway to these characters with a reasonable amount of modern coloring involved, which is why I asked about the IDW classic reprints. Are the Complete Case Files colored?

    Oh and that sequel to the movie looks interesting
    Hellboy|Empire|Black Science|Drifter|East Of West|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Nameless|Saga|Tooth & Claw|Velvet|Valiant
    Batman|GreenLantern+Corps|Hellblazer|Justice League|Martian Manhunter|Omega Men|Sinestro|Swamp Thing
    Black Knight|Daredevil|Doc Strange|Secret Wars|Thor|Extraordinary & Uncanny X-Men

  5. #35
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I really was looking for a gateway to these characters with a reasonable amount of modern coloring involved, which is why I asked about the IDW classic reprints. Are the Complete Case Files colored?

    Oh and that sequel to the movie looks interesting
    No early Dredd is all black and white the colour starts around complete case files 12. Personally I think the case files are the best way to get into Dredd especially case files 2 and 5 you get a lot of good stories for 15 - 20 dollars a book. The IDW classic are reprinting the big classic Dredd stories and you will be able to follow the story without issue but you will miss out on some good smaller less world shaking Dredd stories.

  6. #36
    Witcher havok1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rivia
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    No early Dredd is all black and white the colour starts around complete case files 12. Personally I think the case files are the best way to get into Dredd especially case files 2 and 5 you get a lot of good stories for 15 - 20 dollars a book. The IDW classic are reprinting the big classic Dredd stories and you will be able to follow the story without issue but you will miss out on some good smaller less world shaking Dredd stories.
    Cool, thanks for taking the time to share that info.
    Hellboy|Empire|Black Science|Drifter|East Of West|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Nameless|Saga|Tooth & Claw|Velvet|Valiant
    Batman|GreenLantern+Corps|Hellblazer|Justice League|Martian Manhunter|Omega Men|Sinestro|Swamp Thing
    Black Knight|Daredevil|Doc Strange|Secret Wars|Thor|Extraordinary & Uncanny X-Men

  7. #37
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    My exposure to 2000AD is limited, Ive only read the odd Dredd short story and watched his film adaptations but thats about it (btw the recentish movie with Karl Urban is freaking awesome!)

    If you are a fan of the movie you may want to grab the Dredd Screenplay softcover that comes out in July, you can probably get it cheaper through amazon but figured this might interest you.

    DREDD: ILLUSTRATED MOVIE SCRIPT AND VISUALS

    JOCK & ALEX GARLAND

    SYNOPSIS

    PRE-PRODUCTION SCREENPLAY, COMPLETE GRAPHIC NOVEL ADAPTATION AND CONCEPT VISUALS BEHIND THE #1 FILM.

    THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE DIGITALLY.

    Includes an introduction and notes from Jock and an exclusive introduction from screenwriter Alex Garland: “Part of [Jock’s] huge contribution was a full-length comic book version of the script, that we distributed to everyone from financiers to crew. His paintings and sketches were one of the quickest and most effective way of conveying the look and tone of the project. When - a very long time later - the picture was locked, I could see his input had pervaded the film at all levels.”

    • This is the never-before-seen complete comics adaptation from the movie pre-production and is markedly unique from the finished film, plus the full screenplay and accompanying concept art.

    • Available in a beautifully designed edition, closely deisgned in conjunction with Jock, this will be sought after by fans the world over.

    240 pages

    http://shop.2000adonline.com/product...play_paperback

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In a 70s foreign genre film
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    If you are a fan of the movie you may want to grab the Dredd Screenplay softcover that comes out in July, you can probably get it cheaper through amazon but figured this might interest you.

    DREDD: ILLUSTRATED MOVIE SCRIPT AND VISUAL
    It's in my Amazon wish list. I might pick this up simply for the screenplay. I enjoyed the movie.

    >>>


    So glad to have actual Progs 1881 and 1882. Something told me to hit that magazine store this morning. Oh that wraparound Simon Davis cover (1882.)
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-30-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    I believe in magic and science independently, not one and the same.

  9. #39
    Witcher havok1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rivia
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    If you are a fan of the movie you may want to grab the Dredd Screenplay softcover that comes out in July, you can probably get it cheaper through amazon but figured this might interest you.

    DREDD: ILLUSTRATED MOVIE SCRIPT AND VISUALS

    JOCK & ALEX GARLAND

    SYNOPSIS

    PRE-PRODUCTION SCREENPLAY, COMPLETE GRAPHIC NOVEL ADAPTATION AND CONCEPT VISUALS BEHIND THE #1 FILM.

    THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE DIGITALLY.

    Includes an introduction and notes from Jock and an exclusive introduction from screenwriter Alex Garland: “Part of [Jock’s] huge contribution was a full-length comic book version of the script, that we distributed to everyone from financiers to crew. His paintings and sketches were one of the quickest and most effective way of conveying the look and tone of the project. When - a very long time later - the picture was locked, I could see his input had pervaded the film at all levels.”

    • This is the never-before-seen complete comics adaptation from the movie pre-production and is markedly unique from the finished film, plus the full screenplay and accompanying concept art.

    • Available in a beautifully designed edition, closely deisgned in conjunction with Jock, this will be sought after by fans the world over.

    240 pages

    http://shop.2000adonline.com/product...play_paperback
    Uhhhhh Jock illustrated the adaptation, thats sweet. Ill look into it, thanks!
    Hellboy|Empire|Black Science|Drifter|East Of West|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Nameless|Saga|Tooth & Claw|Velvet|Valiant
    Batman|GreenLantern+Corps|Hellblazer|Justice League|Martian Manhunter|Omega Men|Sinestro|Swamp Thing
    Black Knight|Daredevil|Doc Strange|Secret Wars|Thor|Extraordinary & Uncanny X-Men

  10. #40
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Grabbed the IDW Rogue Trooper classic they did a great job with the colouring, I may have to check out that Dredd Classic Hardcover they just put out.

    Also finally got around to reading the new ABC Warriors hardcover and wow they did a great job of reprinting it, full size of the old progs and the original colour two page spreads at the start of each story.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    If you are a fan of the movie you may want to grab the Dredd Screenplay softcover that comes out in July, you can probably get it cheaper through amazon but figured this might interest you.

    DREDD: ILLUSTRATED MOVIE SCRIPT AND VISUALS

    JOCK & ALEX GARLAND

    SYNOPSIS

    PRE-PRODUCTION SCREENPLAY, COMPLETE GRAPHIC NOVEL ADAPTATION AND CONCEPT VISUALS BEHIND THE #1 FILM.

    THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE DIGITALLY.

    Includes an introduction and notes from Jock and an exclusive introduction from screenwriter Alex Garland: “Part of [Jock’s] huge contribution was a full-length comic book version of the script, that we distributed to everyone from financiers to crew. His paintings and sketches were one of the quickest and most effective way of conveying the look and tone of the project. When - a very long time later - the picture was locked, I could see his input had pervaded the film at all levels.”

    • This is the never-before-seen complete comics adaptation from the movie pre-production and is markedly unique from the finished film, plus the full screenplay and accompanying concept art.

    • Available in a beautifully designed edition, closely deisgned in conjunction with Jock, this will be sought after by fans the world over.

    240 pages

    http://shop.2000adonline.com/product...play_paperback
    Didn't know about this. I'm absolutely picking this up next month.

  12. #42
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    They have pre-orders up on amazon.co.uk for The Daily Dredds it collects the strips run in The Daily Star written by Wagner and Grant. They also have the Predator vs Dredd vs Aliens collection up on amazon.com it collects all the crossovers with Dredd/Predator/Aliens.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The north.
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Judge Dredd: Dark Justice is up on amazon.com. Said to be out next May. Will start in the 2000ad prog this December.

    Some art.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...33358622_n.jpg

    Amazon link.
    http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Ju...d+dark+justice

  14. #44
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Judge Dredd: Dark Justice is up on amazon.com. Said to be out next May. Will start in the 2000ad prog this December.

    Some art.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...33358622_n.jpg

    Amazon link.
    http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Ju...d+dark+justice
    Finally nice that they gave Staples plenty of time to do all the art but waiting a year and half for more of his work has been hard. Cannot wait for this to hit the progs Wagner is always good with Dredd and Staples was great on some older Dredd stories and a couple Slaine issues also.

  15. #45
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The north.
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Finally nice that they gave Staples plenty of time to do all the art but waiting a year and half for more of his work has been hard. Cannot wait for this to hit the progs Wagner is always good with Dredd and Staples was great on some older Dredd stories and a couple Slaine issues also.
    Sounded like if it where going to be longer than originally thought. Perhaps there'll be another book following it?

    Perhaps it could be due to give the recent Alan Grant penned Anderson Dead end story. Btw, read the latest prog? A certain wobot and Miss. is back, also a crook dressssed up in a interessssting way. Lots of fun, but also a bit heart breaking.

    Also. Wagner and Staple's Dead Reckoning should show up in the Dredd CFs soon since the upcoming 23 collecting Three amigos. Perhaps in 24 or 25.

    Hopefully they'll release the Life and death of Johnny Alpha p.2 soon also. Really want to read that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •