Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
Results 1,231 to 1,242 of 1242
  1. #1231
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Ordered a used masterwork from amazon.co.uk market place (fulfilled by Amazon). It was advertised as like new. I wouldnt know if it was like new. The packaging made sure it didnt arrive like that. Thin cardboard (more like paper) envelope. Not even a bubblewrap envelope. Nice dented corners. Dust jacket slid off partially in transit so that got damaged more. Lesson learned. Buy stuff like masterworks when they are still available from someone like instocktrades.
    Send a polite email to amazon.co.uk customer service with no demands just stating the condition of the book and that you're very unhappy, in particular, that it was supposed to be Like New and also mention the packaging. I'm confident they'll offer you a full refund and possibly other options.

    Btw, who was the seller?

  2. #1232
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Sigh, another eBay purchase, another damaged book. Every six months or so it seems i need to remind myself why i don't like to buy 3rd party books. Packaging seemed decent, but i end up with dinged corner somehow. Unless i order from IST, it seems like i have a less than 50% success rate from eBay, reddit, etc. This is why i don't have a lot of the oop books, cause I'm not paying those prices with my shipping luck. I need to just buy everything I've a passing interest in when it comes out from IST lol

  3. #1233
    Spectacular Member The Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    189

    Default

    PBShop.co.uk on ebay gets a thumbs up from me. Thick reinforced cardboard packaging for a single deluxe.

  4. #1234
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Send a polite email to amazon.co.uk customer service with no demands just stating the condition of the book and that you're very unhappy, in particular, that it was supposed to be Like New and also mention the packaging. I'm confident they'll offer you a full refund and possibly other options.

    Btw, who was the seller?
    It was jubilee or something. I bought through them because it was shipped by amazon. Not sure how that works. At least I thought I should get their regular packaging which is not always great but I know what to expect. It's always at least cardboard! I never expected an envelope type thing. I used to think a bubble envelope was the worst case. I was wrong.
    Yes I should contact them. Its a good lesson. Only buy through people I know and trust and make sure I buy something like a MMW while they are in stock and I can buy regular price from IST.

  5. #1235
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Sigh, another eBay purchase, another damaged book. Every six months or so it seems i need to remind myself why i don't like to buy 3rd party books. Packaging seemed decent, but i end up with dinged corner somehow. Unless i order from IST, it seems like i have a less than 50% success rate from eBay, reddit, etc. This is why i don't have a lot of the oop books, cause I'm not paying those prices with my shipping luck. I need to just buy everything I've a passing interest in when it comes out from IST lol
    Yes! This is my exact thought!

  6. #1236
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    It was jubilee or something. I bought through them because it was shipped by amazon. Not sure how that works. At least I thought I should get their regular packaging which is not always great but I know what to expect. It's always at least cardboard! I never expected an envelope type thing. I used to think a bubble envelope was the worst case. I was wrong.
    Yes I should contact them. Its a good lesson. Only buy through people I know and trust and make sure I buy something like a MMW while they are in stock and I can buy regular price from IST.
    Jubilee? Not heard of them but will make sure to avoid them.

    If they were fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk, then amazon will take care of the refund and so on. Definitely do contact them.

  7. #1237
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Received my Spider-man by McFarlane omnibus today from Forbidden Planet. This was my first online order with them and the packaging was great. It came wrapped and taped in thick bubble wrap, which had another layer of thick bubble wrap around that, in a big, chunky cardboard box that was much bigger than the book. Not a single ding or dent in the book. Very pleased
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Damnation, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Doctor Star & The Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers, Kill or Be Killed, Gideon Falls, Babyteeth

    "As you know, madness is like gravity...all it takes is a little push."

  8. #1238
    Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Received my Spider-man by McFarlane omnibus today from Forbidden Planet. This was my first online order with them and the packaging was great. It came wrapped and taped in thick bubble wrap, which had another layer of thick bubble wrap around that, in a big, chunky cardboard box that was much bigger than the book. Not a single ding or dent in the book. Very pleased
    Is that .com or .co.uk?

  9. #1239
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Only buy through people I know and trust and make sure I buy something like a MMW while they are in stock and I can buy regular price from IST.
    This has been my mantra for buying for at least 7-8 years now after I got burned on a Spawn Origins Deluxe sent to me in just a plain oversized envelope. The caveat was that book was so out of print that finding it for a good after market price was tough. I paid $400 and left the Ebay seller a scathing negative. It was a store and he emailed me asking me to remove it, how could he make it right. I said refund me half, which I thought he'd never agree to but he did so I removed it. He told me he had talked to the employee who shipped it against policy(sounds like a cover but maybe it's true).

    At any rate if I have a serious interest in a book I do my best to order week of release or no more than a few months out to avoid having an Uncanny X-Force Omni situation on my hands. I only order new from IST. The only non-IST order I've had was Klaus by Morrison(a thinner OHC) from Amazon. It shipped in one of those cardboard wrap around but actually arrived unscathed.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  10. #1240
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Is that .com or .co.uk?
    .co.uk. I haven't ordered from .com before. I do buy stuff IN the shops, but this was my first purchase online from either of them.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Damnation, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Doctor Star & The Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers, Kill or Be Killed, Gideon Falls, Babyteeth

    "As you know, madness is like gravity...all it takes is a little push."

  11. #1241
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    I was fuming yesterday! Bloody Yodel left my package in front of my door again while I was in work! Not the first time it happened and in both cases the packages were worth a fair amount (also the contents are not easily replaceable)
    I'm pretty sure it was Yodel because they are the only ones doing that but the label on the box only said 13ten which I never heard about. I got very worried since I will be on holiday for a week and I have 2 more packages coming through them.
    After ebay customer service proved to be less than useless I've googled 13ten (they are like a distribution centre) and messaged their customer service. Within 5 minutes I got a phone call from them and they said they will put the packages on hold for me. So if anyone in the UK has similar problems I would encourage you to contact 13ten, amazing customer service.
    I still can't find the option to complain to ebay about Yodel though.

  12. #1242
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was fuming yesterday! Bloody Yodel left my package in front of my door again while I was in work! Not the first time it happened and in both cases the packages were worth a fair amount (also the contents are not easily replaceable)
    I'm pretty sure it was Yodel because they are the only ones doing that but the label on the box only said 13ten which I never heard about. I got very worried since I will be on holiday for a week and I have 2 more packages coming through them.
    After ebay customer service proved to be less than useless I've googled 13ten (they are like a distribution centre) and messaged their customer service. Within 5 minutes I got a phone call from them and they said they will put the packages on hold for me. So if anyone in the UK has similar problems I would encourage you to contact 13ten, amazing customer service.
    I still can't find the option to complain to ebay about Yodel though.
    Yodel are the absolute worst of the worst!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •