Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Segura Unpacks The Future of Archie's Creator-Driven Dark Circle Comics

Editor Alex Segura describes the hunt for "The Fox," the noir of "Black Hood" and the mission of the all-new "Shield."

Full article here.

Cap' Jim we will miss you Power Torch's Avatar

Super excited to check out The Shield! I plan to pick up some old Shield stuff at Comic-con if I can. I am also going to check out The Black Hood, cause I am a Duane fan!

Can't wait to go to the Archie panel at SDCC (never thought I would say that) and see what they have for us there!
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

So the New Crusaders sequel is NOT CANCEL, but it's being pushed asided for the newer versions of these old heroes.

Maybe down the line, once the new titles are established, then maybe we could see the New Crusaders team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So the New Crusaders sequel is NOT CANCEL, but it's being pushed asided for the newer versions of these old heroes.

Maybe down the line, once the new titles are established, then maybe we could see the New Crusaders team again.

One can only hope.

I am interested in the Fox and the Shield, not so much the black hood, If these do well, maybe the Comet and Jaguar will show up again. That'd be nice.

Sorry, but this sounds terrible. Waid's Fox has been OK, and I'm a fan of Duane S, but this just does not appeal to me at all.

If it were up to me, I'd treat the MLJ characters as they should be known: A timeless, classic, shared universe comparable to Marvel and DC.

With Archie's inroads to Newsstand as well as direct and digital sales, they could really push an all ages, accessible, shared Universe akin to DC of a decade ago. It's a market that is relatively untapped today. Let VALIANT do mature, and Archie stick to all-ages and it would really round out what the Big-2 do.

They wanted to give a chance for new people to join up and read these. Both Marvel, DC, and Dark Horse have all rebooted or relaunched before to get new readers. I would not given any of this a look if it had showed the old Shield with all that history. I don't have the money to go back and read all of that. I plan to pick up some of the newer stuff if I can.

But relaunches are nothing new people. And they want a bigger target audience so some of the titles had to get a little more mature (The Shield) while some had to go darker (The Black Hood).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-19-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    With Archie's inroads to Newsstand as well as direct and digital sales, they could really push an all ages, accessible, shared Universe akin to DC of a decade ago. It's a market that is relatively untapped today. Let VALIANT do mature, and Archie stick to all-ages and it would really round out what the Big-2 do.
    Quoted for the truth. I said it before, and I'll say it again, Archie should hire Tom DeFalco to be the head writer and editor of the entire Red Circle line. DeFalco would have made the RC line a "true" all ages line of superhero comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    They wanted to give a chance for new people to join up and read these. Both Marvel, DC, and Dark Horse have all rebooted or relaunched before to get new readers. I would not given any of this a look if it had showed the old Shield with all that history. I don't have the money to go back and read all of that. I plan to pick up some of the newer stuff if I can.

But relaunches are nothing new people. And they want a bigger target audience so some of the titles had to get a little more mature (The Shield) while some had to go darker (The Black Hood).

I don't think they had any idea what Marvel was up to, so I don't think any of these changes have to do with that haha.
    Archie could have easily still hit the reboot button and get a shared universe into the newsstands. Start with all ages flopies and than around a year un start to put out digest that collect the new Material alongside old reprints.

But can't really complain when there's 6 ongoing comic universes with shared contnuity.

DC Prime Earth
    DC Earth-2
    Marvel 616
    Ultimate Marvel
    Valiant Universe
    Dark Horse's Project Black Sky

Now if only Valiant could get thier stuff together with the pulp and lisenced properties.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Archie could have easily still hit the reboot button and get a shared universe into the newsstands. Start with all ages flopies and than around a year un start to put out digest that collect the new Material alongside old reprints.

But can't really complain when there's 6 ongoing comic universes with shared contnuity.

DC Prime Earth
    DC Earth-2
    Marvel 616
    Ultimate Marvel
    Valiant Universe
    Dark Horse's Project Black Sky

Now if only Valiant could get thier stuff together with the pulp and lisenced properties.
    That what they are doing though right? They are making a new shared universe that is a rebooted one from the old one? Just cause they are not all ages? Is that the problem you see?

Archie has lots of all ages stuff, I don't see the problem with them trying this.
    - Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Did you mean Dynamite?

One word.

"Fun"

That is all.
    Twitter - @BslyTheGamerGuy

Official Blog - Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com 8/11/14 - A retrogaming reiew of ASTYANAX for the NES!

BANNED

Hmm. None of these characters or concepts sound particularly interesting to me. I'll pass on this and stick with Afterlife and Sabrina. There will probably be a second wave of Dark Circle characters at some point, and maybe those will appeal to me.

Zenescoped? Chrysalis_Changling's Avatar

weird how they say they aren't sweeping the new crusaders under the rug and yet they announced a second storyline that just vanished without any trace or reason why it even was announced if they were going to scrap it and start over.....

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    That what they are doing though right? They are making a new shared universe that is a rebooted one from the old one? Just cause they are not all ages? Is that the problem you see?

Archie has lots of all ages stuff, I don't see the problem with them trying this.
    Not really, but I think we could use more all ages super hero stuff. I am intrigued by this HBO for superheroes Idea they seem to have.

ALso I mean Dynamite in my earlier post. Probably my least favorite comic publisher.