Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Wacker & Lane Explain "Spider-Verse" Infestation on "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors"

Marvel animation execs Steve Wacker & Cort Lane discuss the upcoming third season of "Ultimate Spider-Man," and the multimedia "Spider-Verse" arc.

Full article here.

Based on the Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy ep that aired, the show has REALLY improved.

What are the powers of Spider-Man Noir, and She-Spidey?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What are the powers of Spider-Man Noir, and She-Spidey?
    Same as Peter Parker's, except Noir can't quite control the flow of his webbing, so no web-slinging for him, and he doesn't have the mainline Peter Parker's wall-crawling ability except in Shattered Dimensions, which was also written by Dan Slott.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I would like an elaboration of the reasoning as to why they chose a gender-swapped Peter over May "Mayday" Parker or a version of her or even Anya Corazon for Spider-Girl.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 07-18-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Based on the Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy ep that aired, the show has REALLY improved.
    No! No! It hasn't, like at all. The breaking the 4th wall stuff has lessened but........Jesus Christ this show. smh (facepalm)

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I would like an elaboration of the reasoning as to why they chose a gender-swapped Peter over May "Mayday" Parker or a version of her or even Anya Corazon for Spider-Girl.
    A gender-swapped version may make more sense than a future daughter in a children's series about a young lead. Meanwhile Anya Corazon's ties to Peter Parker are fairly minimal. She would either be a generic girl with spider-powers, or a contemporary of a slightly older Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A gender-swapped version may make more sense than a future daughter in a children's series about a young lead. Meanwhile Anya Corazon's ties to Peter Parker are fairly minimal. She would either be a generic girl with spider-powers, or a contemporary of a slightly older Spidey.
    Well, Anya and Peter are both tied to the web and stuff. Anya really could have used the Media Exposure for sure, much more than a gender swapped Peter Parker that wont be appearing again after this is all said and done.

Eh, Ben 10 has had no problems with alternate versions and showing an adult Ben, while regular Ben was like 10, having a family with a kid running around. So it wouldn't have been all that much of an issue, to younger viewers, to figure out that Peter, when he grew up in that timeline, had a daughter who has spider powers like he does.

They wouldn't even have to reveal her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    No! No! It hasn't, like at all. The breaking the 4th wall stuff has lessened but........Jesus Christ this show. smh (facepalm)
    Actually, no. I just marathon the first 6 episodes of Web Warriors + the GotG Special, and it's really far better than ever before. So apparently, the formula for improving the show is... to get rid of the Man of Action...? Weird formula, but it works. Look forward to the rest of Web Warriors.

Can't stand this show, but I may actually catch this episode. I really dig that 2099 is in CGI. If he hops into Ultimate Spider-Man's realm, I hope he stays CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    I disagree. I've seen the first 4 episodes (in addition to "the Return of the GOTG" episode) of season 4, and I can definitely say that season 3 (so far) is a HUGE improvement over season 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    Can't stand this show, but I may actually catch this episode. I really dig that 2099 is in CGI. If he hops into Ultimate Spider-Man's realm, I hope he stays CGI.
    The way they say it (translating Spidey and Goblin in CG as well), made me think that it's Spidey and the Goblin who will be going to 2099, instead of having Spider-Man 2099 come to the present.

While I don't normally watch the show, the multimedia angle sounds pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, Anya and Peter are both tied to the web and stuff. Anya really could have used the Media Exposure for sure, much more than a gender swapped Peter Parker that wont be appearing again after this is all said and done.

Eh, Ben 10 has had no problems with alternate versions and showing an adult Ben, while regular Ben was like 10, having a family with a kid running around. So it wouldn't have been all that much of an issue, to younger viewers, to figure out that Peter, when he grew up in that timeline, had a daughter who has spider powers like he does.

They wouldn't even have to reveal her mother.
    I don't think it would be an issue for the viewers, who are pretty likely to have seen an older Spidey in Spider-Man 3. It would be a big deal for the character in the middle of a storyline in which a lot of other stuff is going on.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Pedro Parkero WebsPinas's Avatar

Can't wait for web warriors...really hoping season 3 would be better compared to the 1st 2 seasons