Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 328
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    122

    Default The end of Original Five?! Extermination - August 2018

    Well what do you think? “Exterminate the past. Eliminate the future.”


  2. #2

    Default

    It doesn't feel right not having Bunn write it. Probably will cement the O5 here.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It doesn't feel right not having Bunn write it. Probably will cement the O5 here.
    Yeah, i don't feel they are going anytime soon. they are going to solve their time travel status with some paradox and stay permanently.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It doesn't feel right not having Bunn write it. Probably will cement the O5 here.
    For some reason, marvel prefers doing this big stories with writers not even involved in the story like how Matthew Rosernberg writing the jean grey return instead of dennis hopeless.

    I disagree that they will stay, Bunn has made clear in interviews and in his run that the 05 will go back to their time and with Marvel making the 05 less and less important in the universe(like cyclops leaving champions), there is no reason to keep them here. Their biggest pull was having jean grey and now that the real version is back, there is no more need for them.

  5. #5
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    10,992

    Default

    Get them gone.

  6. #6
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, i don't feel they are going anytime soon. they are going to solve their time travel status with some paradox and stay permanently.
    Nah... I think this marks their end and maybe in September we will have Uncanny and Cyclops.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For some reason, marvel prefers doing this big stories with writers not even involved in the story like how Matthew Rosernberg writing the jean grey return instead of dennis hopeless.
    That is true.

  7. #7
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    I actually think this may well get rid of them for a while, or at least some/most of them. Still, I'm excited for this. The lack of Bunn is a little strange but it's fine, and Pepe Larraz on this? Yes please!

    I mainly think the O5 will go home because they are much more redundant now than they ever were.

    "I've never felt the world so angry. So divided. I can hear you. I can hear your pain. Your fear. Your anxiety. I want to help. I don't know how, but I'll learn." - X-Men Red #1(2018)

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,384

    Default


    Try Marvel 2-in-One! OUT NOW!


    Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

    I NEED an Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For some reason, marvel prefers doing this big stories with writers not even involved in the story like how Matthew Rosernberg writing the jean grey return instead of dennis hopeless.

    I disagree that they will stay, Bunn has made clear in interviews and in his run that the 05 will go back to their time and with Marvel making the 05 less and less important in the universe(like cyclops leaving champions), there is no reason to keep them here. Their biggest pull was having jean grey and now that the real version is back, there is no more need for them.
    Bunn wanting to send the O5 home could be a reason why he's not writing this. Paul Cornell was writing the Wolverine solo before his death, but Cornell didn't want to kill Logan off, so he was removed in favour of Charles Soule.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    Nah Nah Nah Nah, HEY HEY HEY......GOODBYE!!!!!
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  11. #11

    Default

    I think the time is right for them to go back. Just look back at why they came to the future in the first place. They came because they thought Cyclops was going to lead some sort of mutant revolution. That turned out to be not true. Over time, their reasons for staying are less and less relevant. Jean Grey is alive again. Mutants aren't going extinct anymore. There aren't any mutant revolutions threatening the future. Their presence is somewhat redundant, especially with so many of their counterparts already in place and active in other roles. Them going back at this point makes sense. The main issue is how much their activities will affect the timeline.

    There's also the issue of Cyclops. At the moment, O5 Cyclops is the only Cyclops running around right now. If the O5 go back and don't somehow revive adult Cyclops, then that's an issue because it leaves a glaring hole in the primary X-men lineup. With Xavier, Jean, and Wolverine all back from the dead, they're still missing a core character. Say what you will about Cyclops or his treatment in the comics over the past few years, but he is an important component of the X-men comics. He has been since the beginning. Having the X-men without them is like having the Fantastic Four without the Richards family. It can only go for so long, as Two-In-One has shown.

    I hope that if the O5 do go back in this event, they do something to at least set up Cyclops' return. He has already been dead longer than Black Widow was before she came back. With time travel involved, it wouldn't be that hard to bring him back in the first place or at least set it up. I think the X-men can only go so far for so long without Cyclops as part of the story.

    It should make for plenty of discussions on this board in the meantime. I'm looking forward to more details.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  12. #12
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    About time these guys went back to where they belong I just hope they can get rid of that pesky gay Iceman thing they stupidly conjured. It was a Gebbeth.
    Are... are you serious? The 'pesky gay Iceman' thing is the best thing to happen to Iceman in the past decade, or more. Bar none. Also this comment was wildly inappropriate and massively homophobic.

    "I've never felt the world so angry. So divided. I can hear you. I can hear your pain. Your fear. Your anxiety. I want to help. I don't know how, but I'll learn." - X-Men Red #1(2018)

  13. #13
    Incredible Member akiresu_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    863

    Default

    BOOOOOOOY!


    Though as has been said, Bunn should have gotten to write this. If it's the finale we're imagining. Hopefull he still manages to give Blue a fitting, resonant send-off in (what looks to be) that books final arc.

    September relaunch makes sense, but I remain disappointed that we didn't get truly long runs on either Blue/Gold before (what appears to be) their cancellation. Still, around the 35-40 issue mark is a serious, significant improvement over ANAD's flaccid 20 issue-long flagship (even if I was holding out for 60).

    Exciting stuff. Despite qualms around it not being Bunn, this is a good creative team. And that promo image is startlingly good, when it came up on my twitter I was freakin out

  14. #14
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    10,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Are... are you serious? The 'pesky gay Iceman' thing is the best thing to happen to Iceman in the past decade, or more. Bar none..
    I wouldn't agree with that. Plus it was revealed awfully. Let's not have this conversation again though.

  15. #15
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I wouldn't agree with that. Plus it was revealed awfully. Let's not have this conversation again though.
    Oh I don't plan to, though I will point out that other than his coming out, literally nothing of significance has happened with Iceman since Mike Carey's X-Men run.

    "I've never felt the world so angry. So divided. I can hear you. I can hear your pain. Your fear. Your anxiety. I want to help. I don't know how, but I'll learn." - X-Men Red #1(2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •