Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default How much do you spend on comic books?

Whenever you have the time to go to a comic book shop, how much do you usually spend for old stuff Even new stuff? T shirts, posters, old action figures you buy from the comic shop but old action figures like g.I. Joe and Terminator 2 Kenner figures still in cards get a little expensive.

For me I spend up to 84 bucks every time on old back issues and new comics whenever I go to the comic shop once every few months .

It's not the old back issues that cost alot, it's the new comics that are spendy at 3-4 bucks Marvel mostly. That and the new trades too cost alot too such as a Marvel Epic Collection even the 16 dollar price for DC Rebirth trades etc

80-100 a month of new comics(which is probably around 3/4ths DC, 1/4th Marvel for quite a bit now) though i'm trying to cut down, and once in a blue moon I'll pick up a figure or a trade(mostly on a sale or on FCBD)

To much... Way to much. But that depend of what is out at that time.

I'm near 80/100 a month too but if there is some TPB, a lot of variant I want or more comics than generally it can go way higher... And of course during the Comic Con period or when I go to Paris to search for old comics, commissions or figures, It goes so much.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Rogue&Gambit, Tales of Suspense, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Titans (Donna and Roy), Flash, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

From a comic shop? Probably about $30-50 a month. Total, including collecting back issues and trades? Probably about $75-100.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Well...

I generally limit myself to five or six new comics per month.

Then, once a year I go to my local con and spend about $100 on trades (with as many for only $5 as I can).

And then there's the few times during the year where I might buy $50 worth of comics off Amazon or eBay.

So yeah.

-Pav, who enjoyed Marvel Unlimited for a couple years too...
    2018 Marvel Monthly Buys: Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider Dr. Strange Iron Fist Runaways Spider-Gwen

Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

Amazing Member

About $15-$30 a week.

About $30 every 2 weeks digitally
    DC: The Wildstorm: Michael Cray. Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands, Justice League
    Marvel: Iceman, Gen X, Falcon, Runaways, The Defenders
    Other: Rat Queens, Motor Crush, Noble, Accell, Superb

Mighty Member

About 30 pounds a week, which is about 42 dollars I think

WAY too much.

Probably around $20 a week.. so anywhere between 80 and 100 depending on how many Image books come out that month.

$10-$20 a week. More if I ordered trades or figures.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

A lot less then I used to.
    Around $30.00 a month.

Amazing Member

Depends on the shipments that week. Anywhere from $25-$50 if all of my DC books align. I'll be trying a lot of the new Marvel #1 issues when they come out, so that figure will rise a bit.

I try to keep it to around $40.00 a month. Sometimes depending on cheap finds through the dollar bin or eBay it could be about $50.00.

As of now I have four DC titles but will be dropping to one title soon.
    I will probably keep my three Marvel titles and may actually add one or two more.
    Favorite Characters: The Flash (Jay, Wally, Barry), Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), The Atom (Ray Palmer), Starman (Jack Knight), Stargirl, Captain Marvel/Shazam! (Billy Batson), Hawkman (Carter Hall), and Iron Fist.

Current Pulls: The Flash, Hal Jordan, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, and Iron Fist.

$100 on floppies, $150-200 on trades/deluxe/omnibus.

Usually somewhere around 30-40, varying a little from month to month. I don't buy back issues or trades, only new books.
    Currently enjoying:
    Daredevil ~ Old Man Logan ~ Two-in-One

Currently anticipating:
    Immortal Hulk