Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 120
  1. #61
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    - Very few people outside of the comic reading community were aware of who Ant-Man and Doctor Strange were before their MCU films. Said productions werenít successful because they had huge fan bases prior to, but because of the MCUís branding. The same is true of Carol Danvers. Very few people recognize her name now, but they will after her film.
    I agree with this. Movie audiences are going to know a Captain Marvel that is Carol Danvers and not the original Kree warrior that appeared back in MSH #20 and later died of cancer. I assume he will be mentioned in the movie but we're not going to be introduced to the mantle through his storyline AFAIK

    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    -
    - I disagree that Blue Marvel hasnít been fully integrated into the MU, and also with the notion that you have to be to be significantly featured in a film. See: Nadia & Teresa Thompsonís Valkyrie. Completely new characters with lots of fans because of their features in the MCU.
    Blue Marvel hasn't earned his spurs yet in the comics.....every Marvel hero has to face Doctor Doom
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  2. #62
    Spectacular Member Pulp Fiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Perhaps this should have been a "Blue Marvel's MCU prospect and viability" thread.

  3. #63
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'd vote Black Panther, Spider-Man, and Captain Marvel for now as the possible big three going into Phase 4.
    Most likely this. BP will be the new Iron Man, Spidey as New Cap and Carol as new Thor.

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most likely this. BP will be the new Iron Man, Spidey as New Cap and Carol as new Thor.
    From the sound of it Carol will be taking the new Cap role.
    BP can fill in as Iron Man and Thor via resources
    While Carol can fill in for Cap and Thor via ideals, representation, and power.

    Still think Strange is the better option to fill in that third spot. He heads an entire magic forefront, while BP is headlong the science front building areas for the advancement of it and Carol will most likely head the cosmic front.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Black Panther might never have been a top character in the books, however i think the writing on the wall is that he will Iron Man/ Tony Stark like in his prominence going forward. Its not inconceivable the movieverse would be able to just writer a good, solid story that introduces the world to Blue Marvel. Again their movies have built a considerable following the comics could only dream of. What makes you think the movie going audience would have the difficulty that you might in accepting a big 3 that includes Blue Marvel, Black Panther and Captain Marvel.
    Panther has and had way more going for him then Adam. The concept behind Panther is a helluva lot more unique then Blue Marvel. The mythology surrounding Black Panther is a helluva lot more unique then Blue Marvel. The code name Black Panther is a helluva lot more unique upon introduction then Blue Marvel.

    Hell Adam and Carol would be sharing the Marvel titles in their name.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,126

    Default

    Blue Marvel seems really random.

    Like others have said, if there is a "Marvel Trinity" (which I hope is never the case) in the MCU it would likely be Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man.

    Try Marvel 2-in-One! OUT NOW!


    Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

    I NEED an Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?

  7. #67
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    From the sound of it Carol will be taking the new Cap role.
    BP can fill in as Iron Man and Thor via resources
    While Carol can fill in for Cap and Thor via ideals, representation, and power.

    Still think Strange is the better option to fill in that third spot. He heads an entire magic forefront, while BP is headlong the science front building areas for the advancement of it and Carol will most likely head the cosmic front.
    The thing is, I don't think there necessarily has to be JUST 3 spots simply because JLA and the Avengers both have Trinitys. No reason you can't have 4 characters.

  8. #68
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, I don't think there necessarily has to be JUST 3 spots simply because JLA and the Avengers both have Trinitys. No reason you can't have 4 characters.
    Or just bring in the Illuminati and any number plays.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  9. #69
    Incredible Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Panther has and had way more going for him then Adam. The concept behind Panther is a helluva lot more unique then Blue Marvel. The mythology surrounding Black Panther is a helluva lot more unique then Blue Marvel. The code name Black Panther is a helluva lot more unique upon introduction then Blue Marvel.

    Hell Adam and Carol would be sharing the Marvel titles in their name.
    I don't get the point of making direct comparisons to Black Panther, my point was that with the way Marvel movieverse is able to make good on somewhat unknown characters they can make this proposed trio happen and make it successful. If there is a need to replace the Tony, Steve, Thor.

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, I don't think there necessarily has to be JUST 3 spots simply because JLA and the Avengers both have Trinitys. No reason you can't have 4 characters.
    No disrespect to Spidey but he really doesn't bring anything to the table in universe. Out of universe he has his popularity but in universe he's pretty lower tier.

    Batman is the world's greater detective, Wonder Woman premiere superheroine with connections to the deities, Superman often times is considered the most powerful man on the planet not to mention his symbolism of hope for Earth and even other planets.

    Black Panther is the King of the most technological country on the planet, Doctor Strange is the most powerful sorcerer/magic user on the planet, Captain Marvel at least in the MCU is going to be the most powerful hero on the planet.

    I agree Marvel or the MCU doesn't need a Trinity the reason they're characters do so well is cause they don't neglect them in favor of special three characters like DC does but if the MCU was to have 3 forefront heroes moving forward I'd expect it to be Danvers, Strange and T'Challa and before them obviously Cap, Thor and Ironman. Because of their importance in universe.

    Spiderman, Wolverine and Hulk for the longest have been more popular then Cap, Thor, and Iron Man but the latter three regardless are on the forefront because of what they bring in universe was always my thought process.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 04-16-2018 at 09:26 AM.

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I don't get the point of making direct comparisons to Black Panther, my point was that with the way Marvel movieverse is able to make good on somewhat unknown characters they can make this proposed trio happen and make it successful. If there is a need to replace the Tony, Steve, Thor.
    You brought up Black Panther in regards to elevating Adam I was just stating they're not comparable characters. They're black and have cultural elements but outside of that Panther typically has more going for him given his premise is more unique. Of course good story telling and writing could always elevate Adam though.

    But my problem with the proposed trio is Adam doesn't really bring much to the table outside what the other two do. Sure he has scientific knowledge and he's a powerhouse brick with energy projection. But Panther is a Jack of All trades in regards to science and has a whole country backing him on that front and Carol projects energy and is stated to be the most powerful hero on Earth. Reason why I complain about the idea of the trio is cause Adam honestly serves no purpose but to be a Superman standin which Carol already is honestly. What the team could use is someone adept in magic and why not the best there is at it? Hence Doctor Strange. Hell I'd rather they do that for a revamped Ultimates then Avengers though and let Steve,Tony and Thor keep the Avengers forefront and their legacies.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 04-16-2018 at 09:28 AM.

  12. #72
    Spectacular Member Pulp Fiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    No disrespect to Spidey but he really doesn't bring anything to the table in universe. Out of universe he has his popularity but in universe he's pretty lower tier.

    Batman is the world's greater detective, Wonder Woman premiere superheroine with connections to the deities, Superman often times is considered the most powerful man on the planet.

    Black Panther is the King of the most technological country on the planet, Doctor Strange is the most powerful sorcerer/magic user on the planet, Captain Marvel at least in the MCU is going to be the most powerful hero on the planet.

    I agree Marvel or the MCU doesn't need a Trinity the reason they're characters do so well is cause they don't neglect them in favor of special three characters like DC does but if the MCU was to have 3 forefront heroes moving forward I'd expect it to be Danvers, Strange and T'Challa and before them obviously Cap, Thor and Ironman. Because of their importance in universe.

    Spiderman, Wolverine and Hulk for the longest have been more popular then Cap, Thor, and Iron Man but the latter three regardless are on the forefront because of what they bring in universe was always my thought process.
    I disagree that Spidey doesn't bring anything to the table. He grounds the storylines and works really well as an audience surrogate that can lighten the mood when needed. But sure if there was to be a trinity in the MCU; BP, Carol and Strange would fit.

    However the idea of there being a trinity is contrived. Three specific characters don't need to be pushed ahead of any others and equal amounts of focus is ideal.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I disagree that Spidey doesn't bring anything to the table. He grounds the storylines and works really well as an audience surrogate that can lighten the mood when needed. But sure if there was to be a trinity in the MCU; BP, Carol and Strange would fit.

    However the idea of there being a trinity is contrived. Three specific characters don't need to be pushed ahead of any others and equal amounts of focus is ideal.
    Characters like Green Arrow and Robin have played similar roles of grounding higher elevated characters in Universe like the Justice League. It doesn't really put them at the forefront in universe though.

    I just personally think that if they were to say start some sort of inner circle or faction like the Illuminati. Spidey isn't someone they'd go to. Might seek moral advice from him but in terms of considering him an important player in universe and allow for final approval in major decision making I don't see any of the other Avengers giving the teenager much input. So a spot in any theoretical Trinity sounds unlikely.

  14. #74
    Spectacular Member Harsh Lesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Adam was chosen because, in my opinion, the Ultimates are the next most likely to receive an MCU push after the Avengers are sidelined for a few years. Also, any argument against Adam could also be used against Carol, who is an unknown outside of the comic reading community, yet has earned a headlining position in the MCU going forward.


    Essentially, the question is: Who will Marvel push in the absence of Iron-Man, Thor, and Captain America? Keep in mind the Fantastic Four and X-Men are not on the horizon.

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Adam was chosen because, in my opinion, the Ultimates are the next most likely to receive an MCU push after the Avengers are sidelined for a few years. Also, any argument against Adam could also be used against Carol, who is an unknown outside of the comic reading community, yet has earned a headlining position in the MCU going forward.


    Essentially, the question is: Who will Marvel push in the absence of Iron-Man, Thor, and Captain America? Keep in mind the Fantastic Four and X-Men are not on the horizon.
    First MCU Heroine film gives Carol more going for her then Adam would have. The idea of her headlining in any future theoretical forefront three seems pretty much agreed upon on this thread. Adam just dillydablles on her field of cosmics. Be like if the trinity consisted of Batman, Superman and instead of Wonder Woman let's say Green Arrow or Canary. The latter 2 dont add much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •