Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Huh, that's weird. Does this work: https://***********************/cate...lume-2-review/

Yeah, it's from Superior Spider-Talk (but it says Amazing Spider-Talk on the website...)
    It doesn't work too, problem is that the forum itself is censoring the website, it's weird.

Oh well, I just copied parts of the link and went to the amazing spider talk then put the rest of it on the adress bar, so I'll be reading this. Thanks.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It doesn't work too, problem is that the forum itself is censoring the website, it's weird.

Oh well, I just copied parts of the link and went to the amazing spider talk then put the rest of it on the adress bar, so I'll be reading this. Thanks.
    Yeah, I figured that out on my own :P (see the numerous edits I made on that comment). Anyways, I'm glad you were able to get it to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    i just read the whole thing and I kind of enjoyed it, some nifty action, Peter being somewhat competent, I don't like the constant spitballing of quips from virtually everybody though...feels too much like a try-hard MCU movie.
    That does sound like a Nick Spencer comic .

Incredible Member Uncanny Mutie's Avatar

That looks pretty bad. I told people Spencer was a bad pick to write ASM in my opinion and that preview confirms my suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I found it. Linking to it's actually impossible though, because the address is blacklisted by the swear filter.

Even so, the fact it's leaked early does mean linking to it wouldn't be smart anyway.
    Yeah, I read it too. As a result, I'm even more unhappy with the proposed new direction. But, like you stated I can't really say more because of the source of the material in question.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Something "serious" like a grown man that dresses like a bat and has a cave full of toy line ready bat-themed vehicles and gadgets and who fights crime with the help of young kids in their own superhero costumes?

Something serious like that?

I kid. I love Batman - but it's as silly as any comic book concept, maybe even moreso.

For all the humor in Spider-Man, I find it to be actually be more mature than Batman, which always seems to feed more deeply into childish fantasies of strength and what a little kid would think of as "cool" (I live in a mansion and have a bunch of cool vehicles and toys!).
    The stories are what I'm talking about that and the dynamic character development (see Jason Todd, Damien Wayne exact). All superheroes are silly, c'mon Ironman, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman even the names are goofy. Still, I think the proposed direction for Spider-Man seems sillier than most.

Edit BTW I only said I don't like it. Not everyone likes the same things. If you like it more power to you, but you aren't going to change my opinion that it seems like yet another regression of the character and not in a good way.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-17-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Yeah, I figured that out on my own :P (see the numerous edits I made on that comment). Anyways, I'm glad you were able to get it to work!
    So I read the reviews, and well, apparently Byrne was trying to go back to how shit used to be, which sounds like Byrne since he did the same with Superman after the Crisis, by removing silver age shit and keeping him like the golden age, though that one is more beloved. Won't talk much about the overall quality of what he did with Spidey though, since I only read a few issues, but what I saw was forgettable, not even forgettable trash, just forgettable lol.

Also I had forgotten that Charlotte debutted in that era, and I did read the issues she was in since I was curious about who was the fourth Spider-Woman no one talks about, he made such a damn forgettable character who gets defeated in lame ass ways, amazing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    i just read the whole thing and I kind of enjoyed it, some nifty action, Peter being somewhat competent, I don't like the constant spitballing of quips from virtually everybody though...feels too much like a try-hard MCU movie.
    "Somewhat" indeed since while he was clever while fighting, he didn't get to defeat all of them... So that cliché is continuing, also that story has a dumb continuity issue which makes me wonder whether or not the editors even bother to show up at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    S
    "Somewhat" indeed since while he was clever while fighting, he didn't get to defeat all of them... So that cliché is continuing, also that story has a dumb continuity issue which makes me wonder whether or not the editors even bother to show up at work.
    I'd use a "Marvel has editors?" joke, but I feel like that's already pretty played out .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd use a "Marvel has editors?" joke, but I feel like that's already pretty played out .
    I know right? I was actualy going to say they didn't have editors, but that felt overused so I wrote something else lol.

Huh, that's weird. Does this work: https://***********************/cate...lume-2-review/

Yeah, it's from Superior Spider-Talk (but it says Amazing Spider-Talk on the website...)

EDIT: I guess it doesn't work. Just switch out the asterisks for "***********************" and it should take you to the web page.

EDIT 2: Well, I guess it was stupid of me for thinking that wouldn't be censored. Switch the asterisks out for "superior spider talk . com" (minus all spaces). I have no idea why on earth that would be censored...
    Me neither. The site I found it on was a piracy site, which you'd expect to be censored. But a fansite? Were the owners spamming ads on here or something?

Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

is the I voted for Batman gag a dig at jack Napier running for office in white knight?
    The Self is the only existing reality

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    is the I voted for Batman gag a dig at jack Napier running for office in white knight?
    Could very well be.

As an aside, White Knight is a great little series IMHO.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Me neither. The site I found it on was a piracy site, which you'd expect to be censored. But a fansite? Were the owners spamming ads on here or something?
    Yeah IKR? Super weird.