Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    20

    Default SUPERMAN #45 Preview

    SUPERMAN #45 is the End of an Era

    http://www.outrightgeekery.com/2018/...an-45-preview/

  2. #2
    Incredible Member The Learner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    527

    Default

    I am gonna miss Tomasi and Gleason a lot.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,463

    Default

    Well, so much for "Building on what Tomasi and Gleeson built"

  4. #4
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    I am gonna miss Tomasi and Gleason a lot.
    They are the best.

  5. #5
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, so much for "Building on what Tomasi and Gleeson built"
    What do you mean?
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What do you mean?
    Well they're cutting ties with Hamilton...you'd think if they wanted to keep everything people liked about the Rebirth era, this wouldn't be what would go away

  7. #7
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well they're cutting ties with Hamilton...you'd think if they wanted to keep everything people liked about the Rebirth era, this wouldn't be what would go away
    But Tomasi and Gleason are the ones "cutting the ties," so it's not like they aren't "building on what Tomasi and Gleeson built" because they are Tomasi and Gleason, and are still building.

    Plus, I don't really see this as cutting ties because even in this preview and arc they've added more stuff to Hamilton that links the Kents to it. Kathy as Beacon, Kathy's new portal that her and Jon dimension hop in, Nobody growing relationship with Jon and Kathy, and Boyzarro and Robzarro as refugees (callback to the Kents as refugees in a way).

    Them no longer owning the home seems really trivial when this many are still in play and two of our leads (and their dog) can fly ridiculously fast. That said no one is obligated to use these ideas too often if it's not part of their story, but it's nice to know they are there peppering the Superman world.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well they're cutting ties with Hamilton...you'd think if they wanted to keep everything people liked about the Rebirth era, this wouldn't be what would go away
    They were already cutting ties with Hamilton for a long while now. In Action Comics and Super Sons, they've officially moved to Metropolis by now. Superman 45 is just the finale of it (though hopefully Kathy keeps popping up from here on out).

  9. #9
    (formerly "Superman") JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well they're cutting ties with Hamilton...you'd think if they wanted to keep everything people liked about the Rebirth era, this wouldn't be what would go away
    Are they really cutting all ties, though? Seems like they're just getting the last of their stuff out of the old house.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    They were already cutting ties with Hamilton for a long while now. In Action Comics and Super Sons, they've officially moved to Metropolis by now. Superman 45 is just the finale of it (though hopefully Kathy keeps popping up from here on out).
    I know they moved back to Metropolis, but I was hoping they'd hold on to their home in Hamilton as a summer getaway or to fall back if something happened to their current apartment.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    While it's certainly possible that Hamilton might end up a forgotten aspect of Superman lore we're still talking about a story where the main character regularly goes on interstellar journey on his own power. Hamilton is basically down the hall.
    OOOHHHHHH!! - Joe Rogan

  12. #12
    Mighty Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    While it's certainly possible that Hamilton might end up a forgotten aspect of Superman lore we're still talking about a story where the main character regularly goes on interstellar journey on his own power. Hamilton is basically down the hall.
    Plus, I'm sure Kathy at least will still pop up from time to time. She, No One, and Jon did have a bit of a setup in the last issue for some sort of team-up down the line.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I know they moved back to Metropolis, but I was hoping they'd hold on to their home in Hamilton as a summer getaway or to fall back if something happened to their current apartment.
    I don't think they'd have the money for 2 homes, considering how much property in Metropolis must cost.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I don't think they'd have the money for 2 homes, considering how much property in Metropolis must cost.
    That's true...plus according to solicits for Bendis' run, the Daily Planet is having some trouble so paychecks from them won't cover the costs

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    I honestly thought they already moved out of that house a while ago, guess I was confused.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •