Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If this actually went down, only the gauntlet would be left and MCU Thanos would be liquid.

Letting Saiatama get that close is practically suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

Would you guys say that Thanos resisting Mantis mental command to go to sleep means he could endure TP assaults from comic book psychics?

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Would Heaven Ascendant DIO or even end-of-Stardust-Crusaders DIO successfully override the Time Stone?

I want to say Ultimate Being Kars, but, uh... Kars doesn't do well in space.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Would you guys say that Thanos resisting Mantis mental command to go to sleep means he could endure TP assaults from comic book psychics?
    Eh. Thanos probably has some degree of resistance, but Mantis made a big deal that what she does isn't telepathy, so I probably wouldn't spot him bouncing comic Xavier or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Eh. Thanos probably has some degree of resistance, but Mantis made a big deal that what she does isn't telepathy, so I probably wouldn't spot him bouncing comic Xavier or anything.
    I agree that Thanos is more than likely screwed against Xavier and their ilk, but I wouldn't exactly say the Mantis feat should be downplayed because she's an "empath" either.

She just said she couldn't read thoughts. Only emotions. But her offensive stuff is still her putting commands in your brain. Thanos straight up resisted falling asleep to the same command that put a Celestial to bed. Unlike Ego, Thanos was still carrying out conversation, standing upright and making two very strong heroes work at dragging a big metal glove off.

Like I said, I'm confident Xavier could smack him around all the same, I just think it's a decent feat against lower end comic guys.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefully) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Did Xavier and Thanos ever tussle in the original arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Did Xavier and Thanos ever tussle in the original arc?
    Not that I know of. However, comic Thanos has overpowered Moondragon easily enough and achieved various other psychic conquests. Such as briefly (yet foolishly) messing with Galactus' brain before getting forced out.
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefully) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I agree that Thanos is more than likely screwed against Xavier and their ilk, but I wouldn't exactly say the Mantis feat should be downplayed because she's an "empath" either.

She just said she couldn't read thoughts. Only emotions. But her offensive stuff is still her putting commands in your brain. Thanos straight up resisted falling asleep to the same command that put a Celestial to bed. Unlike Ego, Thanos was still carrying out conversation, standing upright and making two very strong heroes work at dragging a big metal glove off.

Like I said, I'm confident Xavier could smack him around all the same, I just think it's a decent feat against lower end comic guys.
    I mean, if you want to get technical, Ego didn't have any mental resistance feats either. Mantis is good, but it's hard to tell how good. Because she has to touch someone we can't use the "how many people does she affect" metric.

Like I said, Thanos has more than 0 mental resistance, but where that falls on the scale of comic book psychics is hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean, if you want to get technical, Ego didn't have any mental resistance feats either. Mantis is good, but it's hard to tell how good. Because she has to touch someone we can't use the "how many people does she affect" metric.

Like I said, Thanos has more than 0 mental resistance, but where that falls on the scale of comic book psychics is hard to say.
    In the past, you have argued that cosmic level entities in 616 don't particularly need feats of psychic resistance to be given a pass. Not sure why this is so different.

Ego is a being of mostly pure energy that through sheer force of will has created a planet's worth of malleable physical matter to house his consciousness. He implanted images in Quill's brain of his grand plan for the Expansion with such force that not even the idea of all of his friends dying could shake him out of his daze. It took the realization of his mother's murder to do so. He has feats of multitasking dozens of functions at the same time, including said Expansion while doing battle.

I would argue that Mantis knocking him out to the point where he couldn't do anything is pretty significant, whereas Thanos was only turned sluggish. Xavier or J'onn is a bridge too far, but I'm comfortable saying like... Grodd couldn't mess with the guy. Mileage may vary. Like you said, its hard to quantify with our traditional metrics so it may just be opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Would Heaven Ascendant DIO or even end-of-Stardust-Crusaders DIO successfully override the Time Stone?

I want to say Ultimate Being Kars, but, uh... Kars doesn't do well in space.
    Yeah because Thanos has to close his hand to use it. Da Warudo while his hand is open from a faster character. just depends on if Dio can get the glove off somehow. He'd be best trying to put a brain bud in.

Not that I know of. However, comic Thanos has overpowered Moondragon easily enough and achieved various other psychic conquests. Such as briefly (yet foolishly) messing with Galactus' brain before getting forced out.
    That one doesn't count, he was piggy backing off backing off Baldwoman to do it

He has other ones that are all him though

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Skreet was amazing. Wish they did more with her.

Astonishing Member The Chou Lives's Avatar

Dark Overlord Chou could do it and any CBR member with their own IG would be overkill.

Incredible Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar

So no one in the MCU could challenge him? What about, dare I say it, Black Bolt? If MCU Black Bolt could scream before Thanos reacts, what would happen?

All this talk about Xavier, what about his son? I'd actually like to see the television version of David Haller go up against Thanos. He's got some pretty intense mind and reality powers himself. He may be able to trap Thanos on a plane outside space and time.