Page 424 of 449 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 6729
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    As far as blending both his aspects as far as being an architect and marine goes, Van Jensen was way closer than most. An origin star is very important, I don't want to see no writer develop the character that can hurt his future from an origin story. Van Jensen is the only writer that I can trust to make an compelling origin story with John.
    I agree, but VJ is not a big time writer. None of his great work is even acknowledged, with the exception of John being a capable leader. With that, the maverick Lanterns still pull out the major wins. Even the development Guy Gardner received from Tomasi has been ignored.

The GL line needs a creative shake-up with emphasis on character from a team capable of generating sales (easier said than done).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    When I read comments like that, I think Harley Quinn.

But afterwards, I think....was she just lightning in a bottle?

She's probably the exception to the rule.
    The likes of Harley and Deadpool are anomalies to pretty much every rule in comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well we gotta remember that Batman is older in the DCEU so if they can do that to their biggest character, I don't think Hal of all people would be off-limits just because Geoff de-aged him. I mean that report said he could be 50 years old. Whatever they think suits the story best I guess. I'm thinking one of the reasons Hal would even be in the movie is to help springboard some of the GL concepts that are originally associated with him and then probably he'll get killed off in the end. As you can see I'm even less optimistic about Hal's future in the movies than you guys are about John's. lol Though I do know what you mean about Geoff Johns, it's also a fact that the young, brash, loose-cannon version of Hal is generally the most well-known depiction of the character, so I do have some doubts they would make him that obsolete and past his prime. We'll see.
    I still maintain the older Batman was ill-conceived. Outside of paying some weird homage to Frank Miller, I saw no reason to make their most marketable character middle-aged. It makes Superman look even more like a big blue ball of fail. That move already messed with the age scale of the League. Dick Grayson might be older than Barry Allen for all we know.

I still hold out that Hal will be less than 40, otherwise he could look like a man-child if the GCL film is poorly executed, character-wise.

Astonishing Member

The likes of Harley and Deadpool are anomalies to pretty much every rule in comics.
    I think the over sexualization of Harley played a part, but I could be wrong.

Deadpool is like Beavis & Butthead fused as one with a healing factor....I dunno.

I still maintain the older Batman was ill-conceived. Outside of paying some weird homage to Frank Miller, I saw no reason to make their most marketable character middle-aged. It makes Superman look even more like a big blue ball of fail. That move already messed with the age scale of the League. Dick Grayson might be older than Barry Allen for all we know.

I still hold out that Hal will be less than 40, otherwise he could look like a man-child if the GCL film is poorly executed, character-wise.
    When you think about it, most of the Marvel guys are the same way. Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, War Machine, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther, they are all played by actors over 40. And I doubt Hal would be a man-child, if they are smart they are not going to turn him into a middle-aged version of his New 52 depiction. I don't expect him to be that over the top, just enough to where he has an entertaining dynamic with John.

Astonishing Member

With the exception of BP, all those characters are CGI powered, long range attacks, and stealth. With the exception of War Machine, I love all their performances. I do think War Machine should have been played by a younger actor who did not look as frail as Don Cheadle. I love Don's work, but I think he was miscast. I can't stand Terrance Howard.

Chadwick has age-defying looks, and is in great shape as BP (he looks ripped). I also believe the heart-shaped herb & blessing from Bast might slow down the ageing process (but that is my head canon).

If an ivory version of Chadwick is cast as Hal (with the acting chops to boot), then I will not complain.

As GL, Hal & John are CGI powered, long range attacks, and stealth, too. I think Hal has to be "young at heart" to contrast John's "mature for his age", to create their dynamic.

I don't want to see Hal acting like Ryan Reynolds or Robin Williams (RIP) on screen. I don't want to see John acting like a stoic, asexual TV dad with a six pack, either.

Haters of both may not believe me, but John & Hal are actually nuanced characters. The script & casting are critical.

As you can tell, my glass half empty speculation is getting the best of me.

As you can tell, my glass half empty speculation is getting the best of me.
    Oh by all means keep it up. lol I mean what else do we have anyway, how long have they been starving us of anything GL related.

Astonishing Member

Talk about click-bait.

http://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-tyr...s-warner-bros/

WB...please go in the opposite direction of Tyrese.

Seeing Tyrese, Geoff Johns, & David Goyer pose for a selfie.....would instill great fear within me.

Astonishing Member

Oh by all means keep it up. lol I mean what else do we have anyway, how long have they been starving us of anything GL related.
    Bad comedy on human form Tyrese confirmed something we all knew already about the GLC film.

I need a blue ring.....fast!!!

What's even more sad is that there are some fans out there who actually do want to believe this guy's click bait nonsense. It's so lame. Armie Hammer was smart enough to realize that had he kept trolling people, they would've turned on him eventually. Tyrese has been going on about it for, what, three years already? He's tenacious if nothing else.

I would not want Tyrese as John. John is a complex character and Tyrese does not have enough range to play him.

But the article stated that those behind the movie want an actor between the ages of 21-30. Going by those parameters, who would you all choose for this film?

What about Jessie T. Usher?
    Last edited by nj06; 07-15-2017 at 03:27 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would not want Tyrese as John. John is a complex character and Tyrese does not have enough range to play him.

But the article stated that those behind the movie want an actor between the ages of 21-30. Going by those parameters, who would you all choose for this film?

What about Jessie T. Usher?
    Depends on what is going to happen with the next ID4 movie and Creed 2.

And remember he got the shaft from the WB when they axed his show Level UP. So you might have bad blood from it.

If Tyrese is in the talks-that is all you need to KNOW about how they feel about John. That is YOU need a NAME with some box office cred to it, because you let Marvel get the rest.

I mean was Damon Wayans Jr, Arjay Smith, Donald Glover, Keith Robinson, Brandon Jay McLaren, homeboy form Dope. Lance Gross and the lead from Moonlight that busy?

Keith & Brandon were POWER RANGERS.
    Arjay Smith played an alien.

Astonishing Member

What's even more sad is that there are some fans out there who actually do want to believe this guy's click bait nonsense. It's so lame. Armie Hammer was smart enough to realize that had he kept trolling people, they would've turned on him eventually. Tyrese has been going on about it for, what, three years already? He's tenacious if nothing else.
    I did enjoy the two comments that yelled an emphatic "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on what is going to happen with the next ID4 movie and Creed 2.

And remember he got the shaft from the WB when they axed his show Level UP. So you might have bad blood from it.

If Tyrese is in the talks-that is all you need to KNOW about how they feel about John. That is YOU need a NAME with some box office cred to it, because you let Marvel get the rest.

I mean was Damon Wayans Jr, Arjay Smith, Donald Glover, Keith Robinson, Brandon Jay McLaren, homeboy form Dope. Lance Gross and the lead from Moonlight that busy?

Keith & Brandon were POWER RANGERS.
    Arjay Smith played an alien.
    I gotta say no to all these choices. A while back, I thought Lance would be a great option, but I'm not sure now.

Astonishing Member

WB should just find a young, unknown actor. Nothing wrong with finding the next Christopher Reeve.