Page 4 of 445 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 6674
  1. #46
    Super Moderator The Watcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Just a friendly reminder to stay on topic, which is appreciation, rather than let the thread get sidetracked by negative comments and responses to and commentary on them.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,976

    Default

    In regards to romance, I really liked Katma. Then, it seemed like her resurrection was never going to happen. It still has yet to happen. I have grown quite fond of Fatality. I would rather they keep John & Fatality.

    I did indeed love the romance with Hawkgirl. I don't think DC will ever think outside the box, and pair them up in the comics.

  3. #48
    Junior Member Rey Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    315

    Default

    I think John best romance was with Hawkgirl in animated JL. I really like his current relationship with Fatality and hope that it develops into one of the great comicbook romances.

  4. #49
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oa
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I did indeed love the romance with Hawkgirl. I don't think DC will ever think outside the box, and pair them up in the comics.
    You're probably right. The funny thing is, it's not that outside the box, since it already happened and is right in front of their face. Oh well...

    Smallville: Lantern part 9 came out today.
    https://www.comixology.com/Smallvill...al-comic/94824

    I can't recommend this series enough to John Stewart fans. It's excellent!

  5. #50
    Junior Member Rey Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Smallville: Lantern part 9 came out today.
    https://www.comixology.com/Smallvill...al-comic/94824

    I can't recommend this series enough to John Stewart fans. It's excellent!
    Really? If it is a good showing for John I will try to snap up the series and read it over the weekend. I did watch the Smallville television show but after 10 season I was tired of the concept so I only brought the first issue of the digital series when it started.

  6. #51
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oa
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Well, in my opinion, the main reason Smallville got so tiresome is because it kept trying to run away from Clark Kent becoming Superman. You can only hold that off so long before things start becoming too ridiculous. The Smallville comics don't deal with that problem, since Clark is Superman now, so they're a lot more tolerable than the later seasons of Smallville, from what I've read. And yeah, this "Lantern" arc has been a great showing for John Stewart. Here are some reviews I've written for them, if you're interested. There are some spoilers, so beware if you want to avoid them:

    http://greenlantern.co/review/smallv...-and-3-review/
    http://greenlantern.co/review/smallv...-and-6-review/

  7. #52
    Junior Member Rey Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Well, in my opinion, the main reason Smallville got so tiresome is because it kept trying to run away from Clark Kent becoming Superman. You can only hold that off so long before things start becoming too ridiculous. The Smallville comics don't deal with that problem, since Clark is Superman now, so they're a lot more tolerable than the later seasons of Smallville, from what I've read. And yeah, this "Lantern" arc has been a great showing for John Stewart. Here are some reviews I've written for them, if you're interested. There are some spoilers, so beware if you want to avoid them:

    http://greenlantern.co/review/smallv...-and-3-review/
    http://greenlantern.co/review/smallv...-and-6-review/
    I agree with your assessment of Smallville. While I was older than the target audience I really enjoyed the early seasons. I especially liked the depiction of Lex Luther. His struggle to be either his father’s ruthless son or a good friend to Clark was my favorite aspect of the show. I am glad that through the digital comic series we can see a Smallville version of John Stewart.

    I read your first review and I am convinced. I will go back and read the second after I finished the issues being reviewed. I don’t want to be spoiled too much.

    I just purchased the nine issues. Now I am downloading to my tablet. Thanks for the recommendations. I will post my thoughts later this weekend.

  8. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I also remember reading that Starlin wanted to use Guy but DC had plans for Guy so told him to use John. This sounds very believable since John was way out of character in that story.
    According to an interview with Starlin, he said he made no such claim and that it was always intended to be John, though I don't believe him.

  9. #54
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oa
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I read your first review and I am convinced. I will go back and read the second after I finished the issues being reviewed. I don’t want to be spoiled too much.

    I just purchased the nine issues. Now I am downloading to my tablet. Thanks for the recommendations. I will post my thoughts later this weekend.
    Awesome! I look forward to hearing your thoughts. The last issue that came out yesterday was mindblowing. That ending! o___o
    I won't spoil it, but it is definitely worth seeing.

  10. #55
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    How's Injustice currently? I know John appeared back in March.

  11. #56
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oa
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    John has a good role in the last issue, but I wouldn't say that --as of yet-- the series is necessary reading for a John Stewart fan. Don't let the covers deceive you, he really hasn't had much of a standout role so far. Perhaps he will as things press on. *shrug* Dunno. As for the story itself, it's okay, I guess.

  12. #57
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    I'm debating whether to continue reading it because of Comixology's changes after buying Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.

  13. #58
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oa
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I'm debating whether to continue reading it because of Comixology's changes after buying Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.
    Oh? What exactly has changed? It seems like the same place so far to me. I thought that Comixology (and hopefully comics in general) would benefit from Amazon getting involved.

    But about Injustice, yeah, I wouldn't recommend it to a John Stewart fan. It's very possible his role can grow in importance, but so far, he's had less of a role than Guy Gardner, even.

  14. #59
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/83...ortant-changes
    http://www.tuaw.com/2014/05/01/comix...mazon-changes/

    Basically, if you don't have a Kindle or Kindle Fire, you can't just buy books directly in the app anymore. It redirects you to a web page to do that. In addition to the DRM, that's why I'm thinking of closing my account. If there weren't a few titles I read which are exclusive to Comixology, it wouldn't be hard to do that.

    That's a shame hearing that about Injustice because Gardner, as much as I like him, didn't even show up in the game. Maybe things will change as the story goes on?

  15. #60
    Incredible Member The Odd Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    713

    Default

    I find John to be a much more interesting character than Hal Jordan. Granted, I also find Kyle, Guy and Simon more interesting too. G'Nort as well! Basically, Anybody-But-Jordan.

    In fact, I'd say John is tied with Guy Gardner in my book as the most intersting GL. I'd be happy for Hal to die again and let John shine in his own series.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •