Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1991
  1. #1711
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Nagadarr-san had power levels between 9,000 and 10,000. The Nagadarr-ni had power levels between 10,000 and 11,000. Upon reaching the doorway, the two Naqadarr-san took positions on either side, weapons drawn, scanning the area behind them as they stood guard.

    On of the three Nagadarr-ni placed his hand on a control panel, then turned it in several directions, like moving the dial on a padlock, only much larger and more complex.
    Erosa kept watching the group quietly as they unlocked the door for her, preparing some maws just in case she needed to get the jump on them.

  2. #1712
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Children. Remember the children.

    There is a part of Slak that wants to be out there hitting things. That it is in him to desire violence upon others so strongly would have shocked him a few months ago. Now, it feels unfortunately routine, just another part of life, one which he really wishes he could indulge in. He knows better, though. There are children in danger. They are the priority. Momentary pleasure is meaningless in the face of that.

    With his Ki kept low and his step light, Slak follows the rest of the stealth team.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

  3. #1713
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Erosa kept watching the group quietly as they unlocked the door for her, preparing some maws just in case she needed to get the jump on them.
    The massive door opens with the mechanical sounds of metal upon metal. Once it is fully opened the three Nagadarr-ni step inside, while the two larger Nagadarr-san remained at their posts, guarding the entrance. From her location, Erosa can see another corridor wall, but not much else as it seems to angle around and past then entrance. She can hear the footsteps of the Devils walking several feet around the corner and towards something just out of sight. The sounds stop as they reach their destination.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  4. #1714
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The massive door opens with the mechanical sounds of metal upon metal. Once it is fully opened the three Nagadarr-ni step inside, while the two larger Nagadarr-san remained at their posts, guarding the entrance. From her location, Erosa can see another corridor wall, but not much else as it seems to angle around and past then entrance. She can hear the footsteps of the Devils walking several feet around the corner and towards something just out of sight. The sounds stop as they reach their destination.
    The Nagatarr standing guard would hear something metallic strike down the dark hallway, like metal digging into metal. Followed quickly by quite the horrifying sight....Two large mouths, viscous fluid spattering from their screaming maws, barreling down the hallway towards them while snapping there bear trap like teeth together. It was unnatural, disturbing to look at...and more importantly, an attention grabber.

    If they reached their targets, they'd explode. If not...they keep the guards attention forward and not up while the id crawled along the roof of the hallway at an astonishing pace, using her claws and agile movement to pass right over the distracted guards heads and swing through the open blast door. Knowing that the commotion would either draw or alart the ones ahead into escaping...she left the maws to deal with them for now and keept moving forward to clear the corner and catch sight of the ones ahead.

  5. #1715
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The Nagatarr standing guard would hear something metallic strike down the dark hallway, like metal digging into metal. Followed quickly by quite the horrifying sight....Two large mouths, viscous fluid spattering from their screaming maws, barreling down the hallway towards them while snapping there bear trap like teeth together. It was unnatural, disturbing to look at...and more importantly, an attention grabber.

    If they reached their targets, they'd explode. If not...they keep the guards attention forward and not up while the id crawled along the roof of the hallway at an astonishing pace, using her claws and agile movement to pass right over the distracted guards heads and swing through the open blast door. Knowing that the commotion would either draw or alart the ones ahead into escaping...she left the maws to deal with them for now and keept moving forward to clear the corner and catch sight of the ones ahead.
    The sounds of weapons fire, energy bullets that are far more explosive, far more destructive than normal bullets, blast away at the 'Mouths' and echo through the corridor. There is no sign of panic or fear in the Nagadarr as they let their weapons rip through the attackers.

    With their attention distracted, they do not notice anything, moving past them along the ceiling. Erosa makes her way into the guarded room. Once inside, she sees another corridor, a short one with a second Blast Door towards the back. The Door is closed, Two of the Devils are standing guard, their weapons drawn, the third Devil is missing, possibly behind the sealed door. At any hint of attack, the Devils will unleash their own barrage of weapons fire.

    So far, however, they don't see Erosa.........
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  6. #1716
    Astonishing Member Lord Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    She had to trust that Adam and Miras could handle these Ogres themselves. Staying focused on the mission, finding the children, was their priority. Trusting that Asha'rah's illusion would hold, Meagan waited until the soldiers moved past them.

    Once they had, Meagan made a motion for the others to follow her. Though this was the first time in the Colossus, she had been inside another Nagadarr spaceship and the layout was similar. She knew the prison cells, the holding cells would be on the starboard side, one level down and just above the ships' engines. It was believed that the Nagadarr designed it this way so that, if ever someone tried to sabotage the ships engines or the engines were damaged in any way, the first ones to die would be the prisoners.

    She lead them towards a hatch, used for emergency movement between levels in case of a power outage. For a normal Chromakai, the weight fo the hatch would be too much, even a team of five Chromakai would have trouble lifting it together, But Meagan simply grasped it and pulled with all her strength. At first it resisted moving, then the metal hatch swung open. As it did, she motioned for the other s the climb down to the next level below.
    Asha'rah had by now allowed her manifested form to fade away, leaving behind her usual robotic body. Manifesting took some effort, effort she could not afford to waste in a fight. She missed her skin already. Yet it was not too bad to be made of metal as she headed into battle. She tucked her legs in and jumped down the hatch, using feather's flight to catch her before she hit the floor. It seemed like an excellent opportunity to yell something catchy. Alas, until the children were out of harm's way, theatrics would have to give way to discretion.

  7. #1717
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,293

    Default

    Neva, Totoma:

    The two are different. Totoma strikes out and attacks, taking out small groups and the random powerhouse, picking the officers and dismantling them. Currently he is battling two Nagadarr of unusual strength. Neva, however, stays aside. Those that attack her are quickly dealt with, but otherwise she stays.....objective. Observant. Curious.


    ——————

    Midori, Shiro:

    The sisters work as a team, supporting fighters from afar via Midori while Shiro heals people. Mostly sticking with the Chromaki rebel fighters to make sure they stay alive and Mobile.

    ——————

    Charco, P-sta, Zaofan:

    This trio are engaged away from everyone else, having stumbled upon another of the commanders guarded by four much bigger Nagadarr. They were setting up a strange device when they found them.

    ——————

    Ochazuke, Chuan, Jack:

    This trio has found their way to working surprisingly well together. Chuan weakens the enemy with his needles, while the other two strike and take them out.

    ——————

    Erosa, Miras, Adam:

    While Erosa searches and deals with some Nagadarr trying to come fight Adam and Miras, the GP officers is leading Adam further into the ship. They finally reach the reactor room, but it is guarded by the largest Nagadarr seen. At over fifteen feet tall, it radiates power. It sees them and roars a challenge.

    ———————

    Asha’rah, Meagan, Slak:

    Down the hatch you go, and follow a series of maze like tunnels and passageways. They would start to feel lost until something tugs on Slak’s attention. As if being guided, he takes the lead and starts taking them down random paths. Finally, to their amazement, they locate a large door guarded by ten large Nagadarr. Beyond the door, faint weeping can be heard.

    —————-

    Ishtar, Etrina, Sarada:

    While Ishtar and Etrina prepare spells, Sarada is still the focus of most of the enemy fire. More and more pour down on her and some start to hit, despite her technique allowing her to dodge preternaturally.

    Ishtar and Etrina also notice that the Nagadarr do not have any magic of their own.

    ———-

    Tran and Tron keep strafing the Nagadarr reinforcements pouring into the city, keeping their numbers down.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #1718
    Mighty Member rhyvurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

    Erosa, Miras, Adam:

    While Erosa searches and deals with some Nagadarr trying to come fight Adam and Miras, the GP officers is leading Adam further into the ship. They finally reach the reactor room, but it is guarded by the largest Nagadarr seen. At over fifteen feet tall, it radiates power. It sees them and roars a challenge.
    Adam stands impassively, slender arms behind it's back, looking more like a butler than the most dangerous machine ever built. "I am Adam, you have five seconds to surrender. Resist, and I will kill you."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

  9. #1719
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    His body seized, muscles taut as if his being had undergone a full-body cramp. The core temperature of his body dropped, his heart seemingly pumping frozen blood and the chill was quickly spreading throughout his frame.

    This feeling?!

    Memories of despair and desperation came to mind as he realized he recognized this sensation. He had given in before, and the devil whose deal he took had found an opportunity to take another pound of flesh.

    Yield to me...
    We've both waited far too long for this hunt...

    Those words, seeped in honeyed venom, were the prelude to his possession for his skin began to warp. Patches of scales formed across his skin, growing larger with each additional second like a deadly virus. "That's..." If he didn't do something soon, the entity would hijack his body and corrode his soul. Digging deep, he turned his earlier feelings of frustration against this invader.

    "That's ENOUGH!!"

    That jade aura erupted from the body, purging itself of the signs of possession that had drastically appeared moments before, all of which indicated that his willpower had driven the beast back intothe darkness... for now.


    By that point Charco found himself approached by a group of enemies, the Nagadarr from what everyone had been saying, and he found their presence as a relief. He didn't have to go looking for them now.

    "Tyranno... Blast..."

    Others would see the air tinge with green before they saw a particularly potent wave of destruction erupt from the region of battlefield Charco fought in. Only moments later would they finally hear the roar of chaos catching up the mayhem of it all, but by that time, he had already proceeded on. One of the surviving Nagadarr-dai would find its head seized by a hand, a set of Terrible Claws digging through the material of its helmet and burrowing into the flesh of its face. Its scream was muffled as it was hoisted off the ground by only its face, the injuries the Nagadarr had substained leaving only weak thrashing as its recourse as Charco charged towards a firing line of the Nagadarr-dai, holding his captive in front of him like a makeshift shield. That shield was quickly converted into a blunt object as he smashed the unfortunate one into its fellows, the chaos and confusion of flailing limbs and errant gunfire eventually gave way into crushing brutality that left only the broken and mangled.

    "No... not yet... this isn't enough." He said to himself upon surveying his handiwork. This outburst of violence was cathartic, but it was far from fulfilling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

    ——————

    Charco, P-sta, Zaofan:

    This trio are engaged away from everyone else, having stumbled upon another of the commanders guarded by four much bigger Nagadarr. They were setting up a strange device when they found them.

    ——————

    "Outstanding work, Charco!" Zaofan feels more surer and more determined to face the Nagadarr. Zaofan flashes back to the amazing energy output that Charco demonstrated back at the Lookout, one that blew a hole through the roof and could very well have ended his sparring mates -- namely himself and Chou. Moreso, with great offense comes great defense in the nigh-indestructible GP officer. Between the three of them, they could perhaps take on the toughest of enemies.

    And that's when the smoke clears, with the commander and four of the bigger Nagadarr. Zaofan sizes up the situation and reaches out, sensing their powerlevels. "Uh oh."

    Scanning each one, and combined altogether, Zaofan's smile slowly fades away. "Guys... each one of those henchmen are comparable to us. And we're outnumbered. Never mind their leader...! We may have to put in some overtime here."

    Zaofan takes up a fighting stance and sees the device that they had been working on. "Stop right there! Answer me this -- what's that machine you're working on over there?!" Cautiously, the chef raises his bo staff into a defensive measure while charging up his eyes in case of some much needed offense.

  10. #1720
    Mighty Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Charco, P-sta, Zaofan:

    This trio are engaged away from everyone else, having stumbled upon another of the commanders guarded by four much bigger Nagadarr. They were setting up a strange device when they found them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Outstanding work, Charco!" Zaofan feels more surer and more determined to face the Nagadarr. Zaofan flashes back to the amazing energy output that Charco demonstrated back at the Lookout, one that blew a hole through the roof and could very well have ended his sparring mates -- namely himself and Chou. Moreso, with great offense comes great defense in the nigh-indestructible GP officer. Between the three of them, they could perhaps take on the toughest of enemies.

    And that's when the smoke clears, with the commander and four of the bigger Nagadarr. Zaofan sizes up the situation and reaches out, sensing their powerlevels. "Uh oh."

    Scanning each one, and combined altogether, Zaofan's smile slowly fades away. "Guys... each one of those henchmen are comparable to us. And we're outnumbered. Never mind their leader...! We may have to put in some overtime here."

    Zaofan takes up a fighting stance and sees the device that they had been working on. "Stop right there! Answer me this -- what's that machine you're working on over there?!" Cautiously, the chef raises his bo staff into a defensive measure while charging up his eyes in case of some much needed offense.
    P-Sta narrows his eyes and attempt to see if he recognizes any of the technology the Nagadarr are utilizing.

  11. #1721
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    9,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ishtar, Etrina, Sarada:

    While Ishtar and Etrina prepare spells, Sarada is still the focus of most of the enemy fire. More and more pour down on her and some start to hit, despite her technique allowing her to dodge preternaturally.

    Ishtar and Etrina also notice that the Nagadarr do not have any magic of their own.
    Sarada was starting to get hit. While she was strong enough to ignore the hits individually, they were starting to add up. Eventually, they were wear on her and she would start to feel the effects. That was the problem with bunny punches: take too many, and one would be in trouble.

    Ishtar and Etrina seemed to be preparing spells, taking advantage of Sarada's distraction and, hopefully, were almost ready to take advantage of being forgotten about. In the meantime, Sarada prepared to take advantage of the distraction that they were going to provide her in a few moments. As she advanced on the Nagadarr bombarding her, she cupped her hands together and started to charge her Galick Gun. She continued to close in, dodging more often that she got hit. Every time she did get tagged, she winced in pain a little.

    OOC: Five posts left for Reflexive Evasion
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

    DBM | Sarada

  12. #1722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Neva, Totoma:

    The two are different. Totoma strikes out and attacks, taking out small groups and the random powerhouse, picking the officers and dismantling them. Currently he is battling two Nagadarr of unusual strength. Neva, however, stays aside. Those that attack her are quickly dealt with, but otherwise she stays.....objective. Observant. Curious.


    <snip>
    NEVA

    Defending herself while at least giving the appearance of helping was simple enough--the Nagadarr, while fairly formidable by the standards of lesser races, were ultimately brushed aside by her far superior power. By spiking her power suddenly as she struck with her sword, she cut down any who ventured near, all while hiding her true power from the senses of all but the most canny.

    What she was most interested in, besides conserving power, was sitting back and observing her... new comrades. Nevanlinna wanted to get a better feel for what they could do, especially this newcomer--who was indeed the Totoma that had survived an encountered with Jagam.

    He was not an unskilled fighter, though it took very little time to determine that, compared to Sarada, Totoma was... out-of-practice. As such, he relied more on a curious combination of brute strength and creative usage of his techniques. Most of the techniques he had displayed thus far were straightforward, as one would expect of a Saiyan, save for a barely-perceptible technique that he used to redirect energy-based attacks, including his own. The boy made good use of this attack, essentially assassinating several respectably powerful Nagadarr commanders with surprise energy attacks, despite being engaged in direct combat. However, curiously, while he did power up--to about 15,000 or so--he did not transform into that odd half-oozaru form...

    ...until he engaged those two abnormally powerful Nagadarr at once. His transformation was quicker, more practiced than Sarada's had been, which was not surprising--his mother had, apparently, pioneered the technique, it was believed--though his power only doubled, by her estimations. There was little chance of him being less skilled at the technique, so it stood to reason that he was holding back. What sort of power could he output when he truly cut loose?

    Perhaps, if it was significantly more, he could be useful against any other androids sent after her by that mysterious asshole that wanted her life. The boy fancied himself a hero, and would certainly jump to defend an 'innocent woman' from an assailant.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  13. #1723
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

    Asha’rah, Meagan, Slak:

    Down the hatch you go, and follow a series of maze like tunnels and passageways. They would start to feel lost until something tugs on Slak’s attention. As if being guided, he takes the lead and starts taking them down random paths. Finally, to their amazement, they locate a large door guarded by ten large Nagadarr. Beyond the door, faint weeping can be heard.
    Thinking to herself, "Ten Ogres?" Meagan observed as her keen hearing could hear the children. She then spoke in her native tongue, in a pitch so low that the Nagadarr couldn't hear. If you could translate what she said, it would be, "Move back from door, huddle together and keep down."

    From experience she knew that even a door that size woudln't keep the children from hearing her. Something the Nagadarr never quite learned about her people, a secret they kept.

    She then tapped Slak and Asha'rah, a motion to indicate that its' time to get serious.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  14. #1724
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,791

    Default

    On the Outskirts of the City

    Two streaks of light fly overhead of an army of Nagadarr Foot Soldiers, one a blue comet with a rainbow colored tail, the other an intense multicolored pastel work of art. As they do, the Nagadarr find themselves in the midst of a Thunderstorm. Lightening striking them as rain-like Ki pelts them with explosive energy.

    Dash and Cyanna, in a well rehearsed team-up, have joined the fight. Using their combined powers to slow down the approaching soldiers and buy time for the others who are going after the Colossus and the children trapped inside.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  15. #1725
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    13,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Ishtar, Etrina, Sarada:

    While Ishtar and Etrina prepare spells, Sarada is still the focus of most of the enemy fire. More and more pour down on her and some start to hit, despite her technique allowing her to dodge preternaturally.

    Ishtar and Etrina also notice that the Nagadarr do not have any magic of their own.
    No magic.

    As Ishtar neared the completion of her spell, a decided lack of resonance between the river of magical energy that permeated most species, and the Nagadarr was a curious one. It was a rare thing to find a group- individuals, or as a species- wholly lacking in magical affinity.

    Though determining the reason for such a thing was perhaps ... outside the realm of possibility at the moment. And when it was that Sarada began taking fire from the Nagadarri Cannons, even passing thought found themselves silenced as the golden-eyed Oni poured all her effort into maintaining the spell as the pain washed over her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was starting to get hit. While she was strong enough to ignore the hits individually, they were starting to add up. Eventually, they were wear on her and she would start to feel the effects. That was the problem with bunny punches: take too many, and one would be in trouble.

    Ishtar and Etrina seemed to be preparing spells, taking advantage of Sarada's distraction and, hopefully, were almost ready to take advantage of being forgotten about. In the meantime, Sarada prepared to take advantage of the distraction that they were going to provide her in a few moments. As she advanced on the Nagadarr bombarding her, she cupped her hands together and started to charge her Galick Gun. She continued to close in, dodging more often that she got hit. Every time she did get tagged, she winced in pain a little.

    OOC: Five posts left for Reflexive Evasion
    The hits continued to pile on, and each one echoed across the empathic link to Ishtar. Despite it, however, the spell the Oni labored over was already near completion. The selfsame magic that had in a moment of desperation, pinned the now dead Simon Battersea to the jungle floor. The golden-eyed Oni had been weaker then however, operating on vestiges of her own energy to manage what was more than her body could safely take ...

    And many things had changed between then, and now.

    The circle finished, and an offering of blood, and life energy, Ishtar gestured in the direction of the five Nagadarr and their barrier; before setting the spell loose.

    "Starapateńti, Paņca."

    There was no explosion, or burst of energy when the spell was finished; or flashy offering of power. Simply the disappearance and reappearance of the summoning circle as it moved from underneath Ishtar, to find itself underneath the Nagadarr.

    And within the confines of the circle the forces of gravity turned against them, the weight bering down on the barrier itself then skyrocketing to a level reminiscent of a far-off star.

    The only question now was what would give first. The barrier. The Nagadarr, or the battlefield beneath them.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 06-14-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •