Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1199
  1. #1
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,099

    Default Dragonball M, Chapter 2: Lighthouse! Across the Shores of Shattered Time!

    Six months since Simon Battersea and the Parasite Fife were defeated:

    The Lookout gleamed clean as several old friends begin to gather. However, before any reach the Lookout (before Ishtar and Sarada meet there), Eva and Kai both look up, startled.

    Eva opens her mouth to say something, but simply vanishes.

    Kai, a moment later, does as well.

    The Lookout stands empty when the lovers reunite.

    ——————————

    Jinzi Pantaloon, with ships finished and upgrades done, also vanishes suddenly. Various scientists vanish too, and those there (Adam, Held and Meagan potentially), don’t see it happen.

    All around the world, slowly and then faster and faster people, places, and things vanish.

    The world goes white in their eyes.

    ——————————

    Player characters awaken wherever they were when this starts (Lookout, CC, Dusk City, wherever), and find themselves in unfamiliar but familiar territory. The Lookout seems trashed, broken, and burned. CC’s is a smoking crater, etc.......

    You have no idea of how this happened, just one moment everything was ok and the next you were in this ruined world. Essentially, you wake up/arrive and things are like this.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hellís Brigade; 05-07-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Zaofan wakes up on his small boat, lifting himself from the deck. He shakes the aches and drowsiness off from his head. The boat gently rocks in open waters, alone and isolated.

    He checks his pulse and his body. Nothing wrong. He stands up and sees land straight ahead, where he thought he was going. He examines a water cooler -- everything seems good. The electronics on the boat seem fine. Zaofan pours himself a cup of water to help him feel better. Why does he feel like he's wasted time? Zaofan hates that feeling.

    But the skies seem... darker. The world seems quieter. And Zaofan can't help but feel uneasy. He tries to sense any nearby ki, but he doesn't detect anything seemingly sentient.

    Then his heart jumps. He runs to the aft of the small vessel, and he feels his heart drop to see nothing back there. "Nononononono NO! My supply of preserved fish! *sigh* They were so smokey..."

    Zaofan checks his instruments and onboard computer. The readings are the same. Technically he was on the same course, as if he never left even this spot on the ocean. Quickly he turns the engines back on, stands at the help, throttling the engine forward as he grabs the wheel, setting course for the beach ahead.



    When he reaches the beach, he drops anchor and flies to landmass. Flying up, he doesn't see anything resembling a harbor or pier, or even a beach town. Concerned, he points upwards to the sky and fires. "RUBY TAIYOKEN!"

    Zaofan lands on the beach and heads to the nearby trees. If anyone saw that flare, whether they be friend or foe, whatever's going on, Zaofan should at least be ready. He'd rather fight or get captured than be alone.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-07-2018 at 01:32 PM.

  3. #3
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan wakes up on his small boat, lifting himself from the deck. He shakes the aches and drowsiness off from his head. The boat gently rocks in open waters, alone and isolated.

    He checks his pulse and his body. Nothing wrong. He stands up and sees land straight ahead, where he thought he was going. He examines a water cooler -- everything seems good. The electronics on the boat seem fine. Zaofan pours himself a cup of water to help him feel better. Why does he feel like he's wasted time? Zaofan hates that feeling.

    But the skies seem... darker. The world seems quieter. And Zaofan can't help but feel uneasy. He tries to sense any nearby ki, but he doesn't detect anything seemingly sentient.

    Then his heart jumps. He runs to the aft of the small vessel, and he feels his heart drop to see nothing back there. "Nononononono NO! My supply of preserved fish! *sigh* They were so smokey..."

    Zaofan checks his instruments and onboard computer. The readings are the same. Technically he was on the same course, as if he never left even this spot on the ocean. Quickly he turns the engines back on, stands at the help, throttling the engine forward as he grabs the wheel, setting course for the beach ahead.



    When he reaches the beach, he drops anchor and flies to landmass. Flying up, he doesn't see anything resembling a harbor or pier, or even a beach town. Concerned, he points upwards to the sky and fires. "RUBY TAIYOKEN!"

    Zaofan lands on the beach and heads to the nearby trees. If anyone saw that flare, whether they be friend or foe, whatever's going on, Zaofan should at least be ready. He'd rather fight or get captured than be alone.
    The Red flare seems to die out much quicker than normal. The silence after the attack is still intact, though Zaofan can feel that the air and sky do seem greyer and different.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #4
    Mighty Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    "Investigator Miras, this is Officer P-Sta," the Galactic policeman reported in on his ship's communicator. "Just had a skirmish with the Majin, but the scoundrel escaped again...but not without killing off the population of Fake Namek. Now, I know they have a bad rep what with constantly attempting to fool everyone into thinking their Namekians for malicious purposes, but they did not deserve annihilation...Either way the creature's ability to hide his power level is maddening," the officer continued as through his ship's window he saw a blue planet on the horizon.

    "So, what I'm going to do is visit your Earthling friend, Pantaloon and have him upgrade my scouter," P-Sta stated. "He did somewhat aid me in the rebuilding of my ship, so I assume he can upgrade the scouter to have more effective range!" P-Sta stated as his ship entered the Earth's atmosphere.

  5. #5
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Investigator Miras, this is Officer P-Sta," the Galactic policeman reported in on his ship's communicator. "Just had a skirmish with the Majin, but the scoundrel escaped again...but not without killing off the population of Fake Namek. Now, I know they have a bad rep what with constantly attempting to fool everyone into thinking their Namekians for malicious purposes, but they did not deserve annihilation...Either way the creature's ability to hide his power level is maddening," the officer continued as through his ship's window he saw a blue planet on the horizon.

    "So, what I'm going to do is visit your Earthling friend, Pantaloon and have him upgrade my scouter," P-Sta stated. "He did somewhat aid me in the rebuilding of my ship, so I assume he can upgrade the scouter to have more effective range!" P-Sta stated as his ship entered the Earth's atmosphere.
    The effect that has caused whatever happened to Earth strikes his ship, suddenly it stops working as he freefalls out of the air.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #6
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    8,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Player characters awaken wherever they were when this starts (Lookout, CC, Dusk City, wherever), and find themselves in unfamiliar but familiar territory. The Lookout seems trashed, broken, and burned. CC’s is a smoking crater, etc.......

    You have no idea of how this happened, just one moment everything was ok and the next you were in this ruined world. Essentially, you wake up/arrive and things are like this.
    At some point between when Sarada was explaining to Ishtar how she couldn't reciprocate her confession, she blacked out. No, she whited out. Nothing made sense about it; she was feeling just fine moments earlier, there was nothing to suggest that an attack was imminent. Though, she should have seen it coming. She should have known something was amiss when neither Ronin nor Eva came out to greet her when she arrived on the Lookout. Something had been wrong this entire time, and she was so caught up in her own business that she missed it.

    When Sarada came to, she immediately stood and looked around. "What the..." She, and Ishtar beside her, was on the Lookout, but everything was wrong. One moment, everything was in pristine condition, the next, it was broken and burned. The tiles were blackened and broken, the palm trees had been burned to ash, the building was destroyed. And worst of all, she couldn't sense Eva or Ronin anywhere.

    Her feet carried her more quickly than ever as she searched room by room, hoping to find some sign or hint as to where the guardian and the guardian's apprentice were. As she searched, she tapped the comm-link Jinzi had given her months ago to contact the billionaire. "Hello, Jinzi? Can you hear me?"

    No response. "Jinzi!! Damn it! What the hell is going on?" It wasn't like him to not respond, especially when the Lookout had been trashed so thoroughly. Ronin and Eva were missing, the latter's home in complete disarray. Jinzi was unresponsive. If she found nothing on the Lookout, the only recourse she knew of was to go to Capsule Corp and hope he was just too busy to pay attention to his own comm-link.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Red flare seems to die out much quicker than normal. The silence after the attack is still intact, though Zaofan can feel that the air and sky do seem greyer and different.
    Zaofan looks up to see the last of the Ruby flare fade away. Hm, that usually doesn't...happen...And likely no one saw it, as far as I can tell.

    He could fly up, but something's off about the sky. If the Ruby Taiyoken can disappear like that, then there's no telling what would happen if he went up there himself and possibly become an open target.

    He reaches to his back pocket and pulls out his capsule. Clicking it open, it reveals his trusty bo staff Bojack. Holding on to it like a walking stick, Zaofan looks into the thick darkness of the shadows cast by the forests, and begins his journey anew, running through at superspeeds.

    Zaofan's an accomplished traveler. He has been for years. He's never been alone before, and even being lost meant being on a new adventure with the same destination. New things to see and taste and experience. But this... this didn't seem fun at all. The whole atmosphere seemed eerie, off-balance. And for the first time in a long time, Zaofan felt alone with a bit of trepidation the deeper down the forests he went. But he went anyway, because there had to be something, or someone, out there.

  8. #8
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At some point between when Sarada was explaining to Ishtar how she couldn't reciprocate her confession, she blacked out. No, she whited out. Nothing made sense about it; she was feeling just fine moments earlier, there was nothing to suggest that an attack was imminent. Though, she should have seen it coming. She should have known something was amiss when neither Ronin nor Eva came out to greet her when she arrived on the Lookout. Something had been wrong this entire time, and she was so caught up in her own business that she missed it.

    When Sarada came to, she immediately stood and looked around. "What the..." She, and Ishtar beside her, was on the Lookout, but everything was wrong. One moment, everything was in pristine condition, the next, it was broken and burned. The tiles were blackened and broken, the palm trees had been burned to ash, the building was destroyed. And worst of all, she couldn't sense Eva or Ronin anywhere.

    Her feet carried her more quickly than ever as she searched room by room, hoping to find some sign or hint as to where the guardian and the guardian's apprentice were. As she searched, she tapped the comm-link Jinzi had given her months ago to contact the billionaire. "Hello, Jinzi? Can you hear me?"

    No response. "Jinzi!! Damn it! What the hell is going on?" It wasn't like him to not respond, especially when the Lookout had been trashed so thoroughly. Ronin and Eva were missing, the latter's home in complete disarray. Jinzi was unresponsive. If she found nothing on the Lookout, the only recourse she knew of was to go to Capsule Corp and hope he was just too busy to pay attention to his own comm-link.
    She finds blaster and ki scorch marks, nothing else.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #9
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan looks up to see the last of the Ruby flare fade away. Hm, that usually doesn't...happen...And likely no one saw it, as far as I can tell.

    He could fly up, but something's off about the sky. If the Ruby Taiyoken can disappear like that, then there's no telling what would happen if he went up there himself and possibly become an open target.

    He reaches to his back pocket and pulls out his capsule. Clicking it open, it reveals his trusty bo staff Bojack. Holding on to it like a walking stick, Zaofan looks into the thick darkness of the shadows cast by the forests, and begins his journey anew, running through at superspeeds.

    Zaofan's an accomplished traveler. He has been for years. He's never been alone before, and even being lost meant being on a new adventure with the same destination. New things to see and taste and experience. But this... this didn't seem fun at all. The whole atmosphere seemed eerie, off-balance. And for the first time in a long time, Zaofan felt alone with a bit of trepidation the deeper down the forests he went. But he went anyway, because there had to be something, or someone, out there.
    The forest eventually opens up to a cityscape.

    Capital City’s ruins.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #10
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,099

    Default

    Your comms don’t seem to work either.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #11
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    8,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She finds blaster and ki scorch marks, nothing else.
    Nothing but the remainders of battle. Eva and Ronin appeared to have fought back, but to no avail. The guardian and her apprentice fell and were taken. By who, there was no way of knowing.

    But, Sarada knew where to go to find out. If there was anyone who knew, it was Jinzi.

    "Ishtar," she spoke once she emerged from the main building, "there's nothing in there but scorch marks. Eva must have fought back but lost. I say we head to Capsule Corp and see if Jinzi is okay."
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The forest eventually opens up to a cityscape.

    Capital City’s ruins.


    Zaofan, more confused than ever, is quickly filled with despair as he drops to his knees. "Capital... City...! No...!"

    What Zaofan recalled was a bustling metropolis, more than packed to the brim with people and the hustle-and-bustle of the dirty-nitty-gritty that comes with city life. Not a place he would want to live in permanently, of course, but he had visited a few times in the past.

    Zaofan slides down a cliff and runs to the center of town at superspeed. But this was most certainly different. Capital City should be full of vibrant life. The white noise of chatter and construction crews and cars honking and aircraft overhead. But no. Zaofan's breath quickly leaves him as he sees collapsing buildings, structures fighting against decay and gravity, roads ruined, bridges destroyed, the city air full of dirt and dust. Once towering skyscrapers now a fraction of their height. Habitation spheres on top of spires appearing as if a giant had taken a bite out of them like apples. Rarely an intact pane of glass. Cars and trucks tipped over. Debris and newspapers dance in the air like tumbleweed. Gusts are stronger now that structures are gone.

    "H-how could this have happened?" he asks of no one in order to keep his mind under control. "What happened here?!"

  13. #13

    Default

    Nevanlinna had been enjoying--or more precisely, tolerating--the meager culinary efforts of one of this primitive planet's chefs at a restaurant in Capital city when her entire world went white. When she came to, she found herself in the same environs, alone. She glanced around, her amethyst eyes taking in the situation.

    Odd. Most odd. Perhaps the only good thing she could have said about this establishment before was that it was kept quite clean, yet now it appeared as if a great battle had been waged inside of it. For things to have changed so quickly...

    She sighed, stood up, and exited the ruined eatery. The outside... looked even worse. Ruined, with a drab, oppressive atmosphere. How curious. Either she had been caught in some grand illusion from the moment of her arrival on this planet--possible, but unlikely, she surmised--or, far more likely, she'd been drawn into... some sort of peculiar situation. Was she alone, she wondered?

    Stretching out her senses, she quickly determined that no, she was not. They were quite a distance from her, but there were some individuals with some meager levels of power left in this world. It was quite chilling, however, to extend one's senses this far and feel but a few meager powers on a world that had, just moment before, been bustling with life.

    Ah, now what course of action to take? Stay here and hope that those powers congregate in this central location or head out to meet one of them? Oh, but what if they were hostile? Swatting gnats in a dead world was not her idea of an enjoyable time, after all.

    Then again, she had found these primitives remarkably welcoming--naive on their part, but it made moving about unnoticed quite the simple task. The others stuck in this monochrome world with her were likely what passed for fighters among savages, so they were certain to be more aggressive, but if they had any sense, they'd recognize that working for her to find a solution to... this was a far more intelligent solution than striking out like a scared brute.

    Hm.

    She would wait and monitor the other powers, to see how they'd react to this situation. In the meantime, she would retrieve her armaments from those... capsule devices she had acquired shortly after arriving on this planet--ingenious devices, though it had taken her but a few minutes to understand the technology behind them--so that she would be as prepared for battle as she could be... just in case worse came to worst.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 05-07-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  14. #14
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    12,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Player characters awaken wherever they were when this starts (Lookout, CC, Dusk City, wherever), and find themselves in unfamiliar but familiar territory. The Lookout seems trashed, broken, and burned. CCís is a smoking crater, etc.......

    You have no idea of how this happened, just one moment everything was ok and the next you were in this ruined world. Essentially, you wake up/arrive and things are like this.
    When Ishtar finally roused from the unconsciousness that had swept her away, as Sarada offered her response to the confession of love; the Oni knew at once the World was wrong.

    Of immediate interest was the Lookout, charred tiles and shattered walls, the place was a ruin as it had been- and even moreso- during the struggle with Kevi all those months before. Yet even stranger still, was the darkling air, and the way it seemed to with every breath coat the nostrils and lungs, with an almost cloying pervasiveness. This was far more than a simple attack. This was the precursor to an ending Ishtar had seen many times before.

    Picking herself up so that she might scan the horizon, Ishtar whistled softly and Anubis appeared. Whatever it was that was coming, or had come, might longer still; and while she was nearly the woman she was in strength all those thousands of years ago. The golden-eyed Oni did not wish to be caught unawares.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nothing but the remainders of battle. Eva and Ronin appeared to have fought back, but to no avail. The guardian and her apprentice fell and were taken. By who, there was no way of knowing.

    But, Sarada knew where to go to find out. If there was anyone who knew, it was Jinzi.

    "Ishtar," she spoke once she emerged from the main building, "there's nothing in there but scorch marks. Eva must have fought back but lost. I say we head to Capsule Corp and see if Jinzi is okay."
    When Sarada finally appeared, she confirmed what Ishtar had already felt deep down. That there had been a struggle here, and in those that remained, Evangeline, and the Ronin Kai, had lost. That they were nowhere to be found however ... was troubling.

    When the Saiyan suggested they seek out Mr. Pantaloon then, the Oni offered a nod, before responding. "As good a plan as any ... though I will need to be carried. If you do not mind."

    It was a method of travel Ishtar was not fond of- even if it was Sarada- and under any other circumstance she would have simply followed behind ... but the feeling of unease, and worse yet, familiarity; that could be felt by Sarada explained what Ishtar chose not to.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The effect that has caused whatever happened to Earth strikes his ship, suddenly it stops working as he freefalls out of the air.
    "What's this strange reading on the-," P-Sta began, before everything on his ship's monitor seems to shut. "That's strange...all of the systems seem to have shut down. Hope that doesn't include flight..." he noted right before the ship began to plummet.

    "What's going on?! Emergency systems failing...was this sine sort of EMP?! I better get out of here before-," P-Sta noted leaning back in his seat and making sure he'd taken everything he needed with him, before attenpting to kick the hatch open. "Just my luck! Turns out Katchin reinforced space glass is does not aid in making a quick escape..."
    Last edited by KingofPie; 05-07-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •