View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Generation X heroes?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Cassidy

105 32.81%
  • Emma Frost

116 36.25%
  • Jubilee

130 40.63%
  • Chamber

114 35.63%
  • M

116 36.25%
  • Husk

82 25.63%
  • Penance

68 21.25%
  • Synch

79 24.69%
  • Skin

44 13.75%
  • Mondo

23 7.19%
  • Gaia

11 3.44%
  • Artie and Leech

28 8.75%
  • Blink

65 20.31%
  • Maggot

17 5.31%
  • Vincente (AoA)

16 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1349

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Still hoping Jubilee talks about Skin (Angelo) in Generation X. I hope she still misses him. Or has his ashes still.
    They should just have Skin and Synch show up at the end of the first issue and reveal that they resurrected in the 8 month gap courtesy of Secret Wars

Last edited by Havok83; 03-16-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I would bet that the Gen X treat is Sean and Emma reuniting in the book. Black Tom is already there after all...
    Be still my heart! That would be awesome.

*pause*

Unless of course the "reunion" is a Death Seed Sean being Villainess Emma's mind-controlled minion.

Then... that would be not so much "awesome" as "sad." XD

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Still hoping Jubilee talks about Skin (Angelo) in Generation X. I hope she still misses him. Or has his ashes still.
    His ashes? Doesn't he have a grave... or two? ;D (the correct one that his mother visits and the incorrect one Chuck Austen came up with)

It would be nice to see a respectful reference to long lost friends like Angelo and Everett.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They should just have Skin and Synch show up at the end of the first issue and reveal that they resurrected in the 8 month gap courtesy of Secret Wars
    Haha, yeah! That would be great! After all, Franklin Richards was the one who redesigned the multiverse -- why couldn't he just resurrect a couple of old friends from his days as a Gen X ward? ;D

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 03-16-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    His ashes? Doesn't he have a grave... or two? ;D (the correct one that his mother visits and the incorrect one Chuck Austen came up with)
    No, he only had one. When he died, he was placed in the plot that his family owned (Im guessing they got rid of the original or placed Skin in it), but it was still the same site. The manager had him uprooted when he found out he was a mutant and cremated him. He gave Jubilee the ashes and a check. This happened in UXM 427

No, he only had one. When he died, he was placed in the plot that his family owned (Im guessing they got rid of the original or placed Skin in it), but it was still the same site. The manager had him uprooted when he found out he was a mutant and cremated him. He gave Jubilee the ashes and a check. This happened in UXM 427
    Yep! Poor Skin.

Incredible Member

How good was Synch with his ability to absorb others abilities or however Synch's ability worked besides looking like a damn rainbow?

Did he have a better grasp with his power than Rogue did years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    How good was Synch with his ability to absorb others abilities or however Synch's ability worked besides looking like a damn rainbow?

Did he have a better grasp with his power than Rogue did years ago?
    He didnt absorb powers. It was mimicry, in that he could use them within proximity to said mutant. He had an excellent grasp of his powers, more so than the mutants he synched up with. For example he was able to use CHamber's powers to fly, something Jono couldnt back then (and I dont think ever learned to do). He was in House of M, where he was able to permanently retain all the powers he got, but of course he died in 616 before they had developed to that level

So Synch vs Rogue? As a novice teen, he had much more control and proficiency over his powers as a novice then Rogue did as an adult. He wasnt doing the impressive things she did in legacy with combining powers but I think the fact that he was so young and lacked the battle experience made him more impressive for the stuff he did do.

Potential spoiler for the new series:

spoilers:
    Looks like the Emplate-possesed Monet is going to be a bad guy in the new GenX book. Check out 0:52 in the video here. I'm pretty OK with this. Hopefully Jubilee will get to really throw down against her - vampire vs vampire!
    end of spoilers

This Week's Comics: Wonder Woman #23, Rat Queens #3, Star Trek: Boldly Go #8, No Mercy v. 3

Astonishing Member

He was in House of M, where he was able to permanently retain all the powers he got, but of course he died in 616 before they had developed to that level
    So he was basically Peter Petrelli from Heroes before he got nerfed?

Incredible Member

Well for Rogue to absorb multiple powers at the same time, she did it in the original Uncanny X Men when she, Colossus and Nightcrawler were fighting Nimrod. It was cool but weird to see Rogue to see half of her body being metal and her face looking like Nightcrawler.

As for Synch, Im surprised that at his young age and him starting out in the Generation X team he was able to get a firm grasp on other mutant's abilties with easy or whatever while Rogue she held herself back back in the day I think.

Wow, Marvel Universe humans sure are jerks, lol. (Not surprised.) Thanks for the clarification! ;D My guess is that Austen didn't know Angelo had already faked his death once already, considering he didn't even get the name on the tombstone right.

He didnt absorb powers. It was mimicry, in that he could use them within proximity to said mutant. He had an excellent grasp of his powers, more so than the mutants he synched up with. For example he was able to use CHamber's powers to fly, something Jono couldnt back then (and I dont think ever learned to do). He was in House of M, where he was able to permanently retain all the powers he got, but of course he died in 616 before they had developed to that level

So Synch vs Rogue? As a novice teen, he had much more control and proficiency over his powers as a novice then Rogue did as an adult. He wasnt doing the impressive things she did in legacy with combining powers but I think the fact that he was so young and lacked the battle experience made him more impressive for the stuff he did do.
    Indeed and when he synched up with Penance, he was able to create a force field of equal strength/density to her powers.

In that sense, no, he was not "Peter Petrelli from Heroes" -- I can't think of any other characters off hand who were able to use others' powers in ways that the original folks could not. Synch was truly unique and creative (before subsequent writers forgot that creativity).

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Potential spoiler for the new series:

spoilers:
    Looks like the Emplate-possesed Monet is going to be a bad guy in the new GenX book. Check out 0:52 in the video here. I'm pretty OK with this. Hopefully Jubilee will get to really throw down against her - vampire vs vampire!
    end of spoilers

This'll probably be in the upcoming June 2017 solits anyway, so I'm not too concerned with spoilers here. You've got a good point on mutagenic vampire vs. traditional vampire, hah! The match-up we've been waiting to see for YEARS... and had no idea would turn out to be Monet vs. Jubilee. ;D

As far as I can tell, Monet was seen in UXM #17 where Sabretooth decided he had to live in a way that was neither a lie (his Inverted self) or truth (what he was before AXIS inversion), but something else entirely (protecting M's secret no matter how villainous/murderous it would get), then wasn't seen again until this week's issue of UXM #19, where she and Sabes are seen in just a single panel explaining their current status quo from Psylocke's point of view.

The panel reads: "Sabretooth and M are gone, too. I always thought Creed would revert to his old ways... and Monet hasn't been the same since her encounter with her brother. For all I know, they're off on some Starkweather and Fugate joyride."

Monet's been feeding on Sabes a lot lately. Considering Sabes' healing factor and claws, he makes a pretty good substitute for Penance. UXM #17 also states that she doesn't get any nutritional benefit from feeding off of Inhumans. She can't live off empty calories alone and Emplate's favorite dish was always the bone marrow of YOUNG mutants, so her upcoming appearance in Generation X makes total logical sense. I guess she and Sabes could still also show up on Emma's extreme "X-Men" team in "Secret Empire: United."
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

http://www.cbr.com/15-irish-superheroes-and-villains/

3. BANSHEE

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    The unabashedly Irish X-Men known as Banshee first appeared in 1967’s “X-Men” #28, created by Roy Thomas and Werner Roth. Banshee is of course named after the mythological ghoul who let out shrieks before someone’s death, which is a rather dark image for someone usually so hopeful and affirming. His real name is Sean Cassidy, and he has the power to make his voice so loud that it can create waves of destructive force and even help him fly.

Cassidy started out as a villain who was forced to become a member of the criminals known as Factor Three, but freed himself with the help of the X-Men, who he later joined. He was extremely Irish with a thick accent and smoking a pipe, but he also had a bad habit of losing his superpowers on a regular basis. His throat injuries were eventually healed, but unfortunately he had to sacrifice himself to save lives on an imperiled passenger jet.
    8. BLACK TOM CASSIDY

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    First appearing in 1976’s “X-Men” #99 (Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum), Thomas “Black Tom” Cassidy is a cousin of Banshee, gifted with one of the most bizarre powers in the mutant world; he can fire concussive blasts of energy, but only through wood. Naturally, that means he has to carry around a wooden stick with him, and since he’s Irish, that translates into carrying a shillelagh everywhere he goes, shooting things with great glee.

As if that wasn’t strange enough, Black Tom was gravely injured by Cable and healed with a wooden substance that gave him the power to fire energy from his own body as well as control plants. The downside is that the “wood” began to take over his real body. After all the mutants were depowered, Black Tom retained his power over plants and to fire energy blasts. All this was just so Marvel could have an Irish supervillain whose power is his shillelagh.
    Sadly, Siryn didn't make CBR's list (lol at "Irish" Bullseye), but a couple of Cassidy cousins well-known to Generation X readers sure did!
    Prεtty Pεnny

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I updated the comicvine page for Generation X to include details and character information for the new Generation X series-

check it out-
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/generation-x/4060-15083/

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I updated the comicvine page for Generation X to include details and character information for the new Generation X series-

check it out-
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/generation-x/4060-15083/
    Awesomesauce! Thanks for doing all that work! I think maybe only Moderators can create new galleries, now...? Someone should create a new subgallery for Generation X 2.0 when that team comes out.
    Prεtty Pεnny

ah Monet vs Jubes! this is gonna be great! I hope Christina does a good job with these 2 and the Gen X continuity. I guess this is where we get more of Chamber and hopefully Husk as well. And Penny really should be there too.

btw we really need a variant cover with the original cast!

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    ah Monet vs Jubes! this is gonna be great! I hope Christina does a good job with these 2 and the Gen X continuity. I guess this is where we get more of Chamber and hopefully Husk as well. And Penny really should be there too.

btw we really need a variant cover with the original cast!
    A variant by Bachalo? Yes please!

There should be one by Skottie Young too given his devotion to these characters all these years.
    Top Titles: Shade the Changing Girl, Batwoman, Lady Killer 2, Harrow County, 4 Kids Walk into a Bank, The Mighty Thor, Gamora, Invincible Iron Man, Animosity