Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Elijah Snow was fully conceived and developed when he first hit the comic racks. Wonder Women was a conception conceived as a political device and was an immediate success. Marvels best conceived character was Dr Strange....by far.
    http://www.mrbrklyn.com/american_flagg.html
    I am the original Ruben Not this knock off..

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

From the Big 2 I'll go with the flow and say Spider-Man, with an honorable mention to Wonder-Woman.

Outside that, the Phantom and Hellboy are both very well conceived and thought out.

And Darker Than Black and anything associated with it are disqualified in my eyes since they aren't originally from a comic. It was conceived as an anime first and the manga is the adaptation rather than the other way around.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Elijah Snow was fully conceived and developed when he first hit the comic racks. Wonder Women was a conception conceived as a political device and was an immediate success. Marvels best conceived character was Dr Strange....by far.
    Think about Wonder Woman is that her concept has been fundamentally changed from Marston's original. She wasn't created as a divine entity, but as a standout of a remote nation of women who'd achieved mental, physical and intellectual perfection. Dr. Strange has generally stuck to his roots, but he's wandered off the tracks a lot along the way.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

It think X-O Manowar is exactly what it says on the tin for the most part.

"Visigoth in alien future armor...and go."
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Rise of the Black Panther, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Avengers, Marvel 2-in-1, Immortal Hulk

Xbox Live Gamertag:

ItsMckinnis

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It think X-O Manowar is exactly what it says on the tin for the most part.

"Visigoth in alien future armor...and go."
    Now that's a good example, and one that's durable as long as a) there's violence in our society, b) our technology doesn't surpass his. So, should have oodles of life left in it.

Shouldn't it be "best conceived"?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Shouldn't it be "best conceived"?
    I also considered Besterestist, but thought it too showy.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Think about Wonder Woman is that her concept has been fundamentally changed from Marston's original. She wasn't created as a divine entity, but as a standout of a remote nation of women who'd achieved mental, physical and intellectual perfection. Dr. Strange has generally stuck to his roots, but he's wandered off the tracks a lot along the way.
    That is not the creaters fault. It was perfectly conceived in detail.

Boisterously Confused

That is not the creaters fault. It was perfectly conceived in detail.
    While I agree it's not the creators' fault, some of the examples pointed out (notably Spider-Man and The Phantom) have proven more resistant to tampering to their basic concept, backstory and supporting casts than others.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    While I agree it's not the creators' fault, some of the examples pointed out (notably Spider-Man and The Phantom) have proven more resistant to tampering to their basic concept, backstory and supporting casts than others.
    Not really. Spider-man have undergown a radical transfermation over the years. Regardless, The question was which was best coceived and none perhaps was better conveived, every detail, than Wonder Women had been. The essense of Wonder Women might actually have changed less than Spider-man, as an aside. Braclets, Cuffs, lasso, custom....

Not really. Spider-man have undergown a radical transfermation over the years. Regardless, The question was which was best coceived and none perhaps was better conveived, every detail, than Wonder Women had been. The essense of Wonder Women might actually have changed less than Spider-man, as an aside. Braclets, Cuffs, lasso, custom....
    Spider-Man is the same character from Amazing Fantasy just all grown up. Wonder Woman is not. A lot of Marston’s concepts didn’t age well and were removed.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Spider-Man is the same character from Amazing Fantasy just all grown up. Wonder Woman is not. A lot of Marston’s concepts didn’t age well and were removed.
    I'll grant your point about some of Marston's fascination with bondage, but disagree on his Feminist-Paragon ideas versus the Divine Construct that followed. If you read the first year or so of Sensation Comics, I'm not so sure if it's a matter of the original WW not aging well, or if it's more a case that they went out of fashion for the times. The 1920s-1945 were a very feminist time (relatively), but after the troops came home, a lot of that got rolled back.