Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Since it's not a numbered film and I'm not super jazzed, I won't be seeing it till Friday morning.

That being said I'm a huge Han Solo fan. He's my favorite by far. And I'm a huge Ron Howard fan. So I'm trying to check my expectations at the door.

My son loves Han and my daughter loves Chewie & the Falcon, so they're pumped.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Why are people worried about 70 % RT score? That's way more then all DCEU films except Wonder Woman. Beauty and The Beast had a 70%. And it cracked a billion. I am not implying Solo will. Nor does it need to. But 70ish RT is a solid score.

RT is given a lot of importance. Metacritic is a better measure imo. And its 65 at present. For comparison Infinity War has 68. Wonder Woman 76. Rogue One 65.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-17-2018 at 09:22 PM.

The low 70s RT score seems overly generous. There are quite a few reviews which are counted as Fresh but aren't all that glowing of endorsements of the film. The average rating is 6.5/10. Easily it could less than 65% if a few of those reviewers decided to go a little lower or C+ reviews were counted as rotten.

For example, this is one of the "Fresh" reviews: Jason Gorber Dork Shelf "So with Solo we get a backstory that manages moments of greatness while the rest of the film feels, well, "forced". That bad feeling I had about this seems to have been on target." C+

Another Fresh review Josh Larsen LarsenOnFilm "Chewbacca, I recognize. Lando Calrissian? He seems familiar. But this is not my Han Solo..." 2/4

Even the positive fanboys are just sort of "meh" about it like Charlie at Emergency Awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyxD0usmeeg. I think he says the words fine and serviceable about a dozen times.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 05-18-2018 at 08:25 PM.

There are also at least 200 more reviews which will be uploaded next week so the RT could drop further.

Ethan van Sciver caught Rotten Tomatoes including positive Deadpool 2 reviews in with the Solo reviews and posted a YouTube video about it. I wonder if any negative Solo reviews are being added to Deadpool 2.