Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Who's going to watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding is on May 19, a week from now. It begins at 7 a.m. EST, 4 a.m. PST. The two will marry at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. They look nice and good together. I sincerely wish both of them the best.

I watched the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton on TV years ago. I believe I will be watching this wedding on TV.

I don't think a beautiful wedding belongs in the political thread.

Not me lol. I'll be revising for exams. I have many grievances with the royal family.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I may watch it, but for the most part, I really don't think that the royal weddings should be televised. Namely because it's their day, it should be something that they should enjoy without having to be in the spot light.

DebkoX what sort of grievances do you have with the royal family?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meh! I’ll pass. In my opinion, royal weddings kinda lost their allure after Charles and Diana. Nothing has been able to top that in terms of sheer grandeur since then.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I may watch it, but for the most part, I really don't think that the royal weddings should be televised. Namely because it's their day, it should be something that they should enjoy without having to be in the spot light.

DebkoX what sort of grievances do you have with the royal family?
    Just don't think it is fair how in this country a lot of good people are demonised as scroungers and leeches when they are paid too little or disabled and cannot work. In comparison, the royal family are the biggest scroungers in my honest opinion. Among the working-classes here you'll find a lot of people agree.

It is terrible.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

No point, the royals are the most boring people on earth, nothing exciting will happen, nothing worth talking about and yet the media will make it seem like the most important day of all time.
    Straight Shot Mob

People I don't care about, don't know, and wouldn't recognize on the street.

So, no, not me.

I might catch some of it. I was really hoping it would be a "bank holiday" and I'd get a day off work for it, but it's on a Saturday. Damnit!
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Doctor Star & The Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers, Kill or Be Killed, Gideon Falls, Babyteeth

"As you know, madness is like gravity...all it takes is a little push."

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Just don't think it is fair how in this country a lot of good people are demonised as scroungers and leeches when they are paid too little or disabled and cannot work. In comparison, the royal family are the biggest scroungers in my honest opinion. Among the working-classes here you'll find a lot of people agree.

It is terrible.
    Does this include all royal families? Like not Just the British one?

I will. We’re part of the commonwealth and it’s pretty much the law or we won’t get our bread rations.

No seriously I reckon it will be fun, the last one was. I love the glamour and the epic history and setting

I didn't watch Charles & Diana's; I didn't watch William and Catherine's; can anybody guess if I'm likely to watch Harry & Meghan's?
    (And I didn't watch Elizabeth & Philip's wedding. Of course, I wasn't born yet when that one took place . . . )

My mum will probably watch it.

Couldn't care less. Don't know why anyone would beyond them being celebrities. Neither are in the line of succession to be King or Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Does this include all royal families? Like not Just the British one?
    I think so, not too sure but, even still, the obsession with the British one is bad. Each year we are told by the government how little money there is for schools and basics yet they can keep funding a family who have no right to all this money.

The Queen once made a speech (I think for the state opening) where she said Britain had to live within its means. Fair enough. Yet she and her family enjoy massive housing for free whilst some councils are practically blocking homeless people from sleeping on the floors. Over Christmas we had Euston station open for the homeless, why can't the Queen open her palace for them?

I've nothing personal against them, and hope they enjoy their marriage and all that but the fact that they are getting all this attention for me is just really inappropriate. It is 2018 not 1592.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 05-11-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think so, not too sure but, even still, the obsession with the British one is bad. Each year we are told by the government how little money there is for schools and basics yet they can keep funding a family who have no right to all this money.

The Queen once made a speech (I think for the state opening) where she said Britain had to live within its means. Fair enough. Yet she and her family enjoy massive housing for free whilst some councils are practically blocking homeless people from sleeping on the floors. Over Christmas we had Euston station open for the homeless, why can't the Queen open her palace for them?

I've nothing personal against them, and hope they enjoy their marriage and all that but the fact that they are getting all this attention for me is just really inappropriate. It is 2018 not 1592.
    I completely understand this. It's interesting regarding the housing of the royal family. I always assumed that they were partly paying for at least their own bills for the house and all. I know in Japan with the royal family there's a few things that only they can do as part of both the religious aspect of the country and the political one. The Emperor is considered a diplomat so in a lot of cases he does talk to dignitaries that come in. His sister and her daughter are the heads of the Ise Shrine where a sacred Mirror is housed, and only they can have access to it.

Also interesting is that, if I understand right, the English Royal house can have the Queen step down whenever she's ready and allow Charles to take on the role as king. It's the first time in a long time in Japan that the Emperor is doing that and they're all trying to figure out how this is going to work because the Emperor's dad chose to die while ruling rather then hand it over to his son.

Question, given that Megan does own I think an apartment in the US, does that mean that the British tax payers are going to be helping pay for that, or will that still be on her own dime, since she's still going to be acting? Anyone know an answer about that?