View Poll Results: Should DC continue the Earth One Superman line?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

20 46.51%
  • No

10 23.26%
  • Don't care

11 25.58%
  • KILL IT WITH FIRE!

2 4.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

For anyone wondering what it would look like if Marvel ever took over DC, the EO line is a pretty good clue!
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I believe his eyesight is worsening which is why hes not doing any more comics work.

@OP Yes absolutely continue it. There has to be someone out there willing to continue the story, and the fact that aside from respecting what JMS already established, you get complete creative freedom has to appeal to someone. Id take over the book in a heartbeat. Im also so done with origin stories for Superman, I hope Millers Year One is the last one for a while. Earth One Supes is all established and I hope hes not abandoned.
    Ι am so sad to hear this. JMS was one of my favourite writers and i loved his ASM,Thor runs and the Earth One series.

If they pumped them out a little faster, I'd say continue it. But honestly, if DC ever wanted an "Ultimates" style line of books, I think using these OGN's as a springboard would work just fine for an Earth One series or something. The origin is hashed out already, and whether readers liked it or didn't like it, at least it's done. I know most would say "just use New 52 Superman instead", but he's been re-merged in the main continuity with the other half of Superman, so a lot more work would need to be done to set him up.

Plus, Earth One Superman could easily change his uniform.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

The world needs Superman....the team needs Clark.

Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    If they pumped them out a little faster, I'd say continue it. But honestly, if DC ever wanted an "Ultimates" style line of books, I think using these OGN's as a springboard would work just fine for an Earth One series or something. The origin is hashed out already, and whether readers liked it or didn't like it, at least it's done. I know most would say "just use New 52 Superman instead", but he's been re-merged in the main continuity with the other half of Superman, so a lot more work would need to be done to set him up.

Plus, Earth One Superman could easily change his uniform.
    Like I said, I think if they did something like a book a year that would work as a regular series. But I really hope they don't change the costume! I kind of like it!
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin