View Poll Results: Which Departed Teen Mutants Would You Most Like to Have Resurrected?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Synch

    54 56.84%
  • Skin

    32 33.68%
  • Icarus

    28 29.47%
  • Wallflower

    32 33.68%
  • DJ

    16 16.84%
  • Eye-Boy

    14 14.74%
  • Tag

    9 9.47%
  • Petra

    25 26.32%
  • Sway

    23 24.21%
  • Bolt (Chris Bradley)

    9 9.47%
  • Wing

    7 7.37%
  • Wither

    21 22.11%
  • Tag

    10 10.53%
  • Network

    8 8.42%
  • Other (specify below)

    11 11.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67
  1. #46
    Senior Master DDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Eagle
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    That was her sister , Preview

    Network is regrettably RIP

    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/network.htm
    Ack, you’re right.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,848

    Default

    Doesnt ..make sense for Fantomex to keep getting pushed but no Synch being around.

  3. #48
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Doesnt ..make sense for Fantomex to keep getting pushed but no Synch being around.
    It makes a lot of sense when you remember almost every X-writer is white and usually male.

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Synch... that's it.
    This is the truth. Bring back Everett. The rest can rot.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  5. #50
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I voted for Synch and Skin because I want a Generation X reunion so badly. Besides they are both are so likable, even Skin in all of his wise-assery. And their powers had so much potential just by their namesakes. Support-syncing team members could be a thing.

    My third choice was either going to be Tag or Wallflower. Great characters with really useful powersets for a street based team. But I think their time is sadly gone. Instead I went with Icarus because he could make for a great world-building character as a mutant folk musician.

  6. #51
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Sammy Paré

    The poll said multiple choice. Why Can't I also vote other.

  7. #52
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Doesnt ..make sense for Fantomex to keep getting pushed but no Synch being around.
    Synch was reincarnated as a white red-headed girl and the X-comics haven't been better for it, IMO.

  8. #53
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It makes a lot of sense when you remember almost every X-writer is white and usually male.
    there are plenty of dead white characters
    Fantomex was pushed for 2 reasons:
    -he is a Morrison character, and he was given an important role in xmen lore regarding Weapon X/Weapon Plus
    -in the 2000s, many writers thought Gambit was a ridiculous 90s character, kinda like Adam X or Poochie from that Simpson's episode. They prefered to push Fantomex instead of Gambit.

  9. #54
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    there are plenty of dead white characters
    Fantomex was pushed for 2 reasons:
    -he is a Morrison character, and he was given an important role in xmen lore regarding Weapon X/Weapon Plus
    -in the 2000s, many writers thought Gambit was a ridiculous 90s character, kinda like Adam X or Poochie from that Simpson's episode. They prefered to push Fantomex instead of Gambit.
    I found this insane writers thought like this. Writers just never liked Gambit. Cable was the 90s macho character.

  10. #55
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I found this insane writers thought like this. Writers just never liked Gambit. Cable was the 90s macho character.
    Cable is more universal, he is basically Terminator, an 80s action film character. Writers saw Gambit as ridiculous, and prefered Fantomex because at least he was an ironic parody of Gambit.

  11. #56
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Cable is more universal, he is basically Terminator, an 80s action film character. Writers saw Gambit as ridiculous, and prefered Fantomex because at least he was an ironic parody of Gambit.
    How did they find Gambit ridiculous when he had one of the best back stories of a comic character. Gambit's back story can rival Wolverine, Cable and Deadpool. His back story is richer than Cyclops.

  12. #57
    Mighty Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    How did they find Gambit ridiculous when he had one of the best back stories of a comic character. Gambit's back story can rival Wolverine, Cable and Deadpool. His back story is richer than Cyclops.
    Cyclops back story is simple, but his story gets more complex

  13. #58
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    there are plenty of dead white characters
    Fantomex was pushed for 2 reasons:
    -he is a Morrison character
    Morrison created many, MANY characters but of course the two to be pushed the most are the white and male Fantomex and Quentin Quire.

  14. #59
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    How did they find Gambit ridiculous when he had one of the best back stories of a comic character. Gambit's back story can rival Wolverine, Cable and Deadpool. His back story is richer than Cyclops.
    remender's uncanny xforce 13 (it's AoA Gambit)


  15. #60
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Morrison created many, MANY characters but of course the two to be pushed the most are the white and male Fantomex and Quentin Quire.
    Blame Aaron for Quentin Quire, Quentin Quire pushing comes all from him, otherwise Quentin would have become like Proteus, a character you see in 2 stories per decade.
    Quentin spent 2004-2011 mostly in limbo (iirc, he only appeared in comics twice, 2 minis, in Phoenix Endsong, and in the Nation X short story about Martha-No Girl)
    He got a big push from Wolverine and the X-Men to Axis, and then he was in Limbo again for 3 years until Generation X last year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •