Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 451
  1. #211
    Extraordinary Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    The interaction between Jean and Storm didn't carry the ocassional depth it has. Strange that Trinary called Gentle by name, when did she meet him. The direction is nice but I don't feel the charcaters dialogue and beats yet. Also, they're using Gabby quiks and banter to diaguise the lack of substance in characters interaction. I'm starting to get concerned.
    They were travelling via sentinel for a few hours. Im sure Gabby was blabbing about everything she saw in Wakanda as they made their way there

  2. #212
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    I'm really surprised by the level of bitching and complaining about the size of the group. This is actually a good book. Why would you want any of these characters to be cast out into Limbo or Gold/Blue/Astonishing? If anything I want MORE Xmen to be written this well.

  3. #213
    Extraordinary Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm really surprised by the level of bitching and complaining about the size of the group. This is actually a good book. Why would you want any of these characters to be cast out into Limbo or Gold/Blue/Astonishing? If anything I want MORE Xmen to be written this well.
    Its a valid complaint. The more characters to juggle, the less space there is to devote to everyone. Someone inevitable is going to get the short end of the stick. 5-7 is an ideal number. 9 is bloated. Its a problem even Claremont struggled with as Karma and Magma always got little focus or attention in his NM run

    As far as wnting any of these characters in Limbo or those other books? Yes. People here would rather the likes of the Wolverine clones, Namor and Trinary elsewhere

  4. #214
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Lol, that made me laugh. I am sure they would argue since she can control weather she can remove the oxygen from water and place it directly into her lungs.

    All Hail The Goddess!
    :P



    Claremont likes Storm a lot.

  5. #215
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Her solo was not consistent with past continuity yet I don't see any Storm fans complaining. The fact is Taylor and Pak are two sides of the same coin. The only difference is as a Storm fan, you are fine with Pak changing things to add more to her powers. That is perfectly fine for you to feel that way. However, for a general fan that understands her history, it is Pak suddenly trying to make her completely immune that to a large extent is outside the norm for her and so that is why we are not too broken up about it.

    I think characters should be written in line with the powers they have exhibited consistently for much of their history. To the extent a writer decides to give them a power up that they never had before, it is entirely up to future writers to decide whether they will treat that as a permanent upgrade or simply an ability that was a temporary upgrade to suit a finite story.
    what things did she do in her solo power wise that wasnt concusistent with canon? he didnt add anything to her power set that wasnt already thrre.

    again what powers did he give her? he only made her immune to lightning which makes sense seeing how often she channels lightning through her being, as well as how powerful those bolts are.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #216
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Since Storm can summon rain, is she also immune to drowning? I'm sure her stans believe in that logic.
    Of course, didn't we see her in X-Treme X-Men turn water into air?

    Of course none of that matters according to butterflykyss, because "that is old, and that was Claremont" but wait.... :-p
    Richard Alexander

  7. #217
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    :P



    Claremont likes Storm a lot.
    LOL but this doesn't count anymore. It's Claremont, and over a decade old.
    Richard Alexander

  8. #218
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Lol, that made me laugh. I am sure they would argue since she can control weather she can remove the oxygen from water and place it directly into her lungs.

    All Hail The Goddess!
    It would be a lot more easy to ignore post that one doesn't agree with rather than antagonize a passionate fanbase. i mean believe me, sometimes i just hate going into the Storm thread and avoid it because i feel there can be a lot of negativity but i can see how posts like this that are suppose to be tongue and cheek and incense some of the most obsessed fans and start a "crusade". That aside i laughed too. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  9. #219
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    LOL but this doesn't count anymore. It's Claremont, and over a decade old.
    that is not how continuity works at all..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #220
    Extraordinary Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    :P



    Claremont likes Storm a lot.
    Now thats PIS. We've established that Storm is immune to her powers but how are Psylocke and Thunderbird not electrocuted in that electrolysis field that she generates in water? She is so skillful that she can pass on her immunity to her teammates?

  11. #221
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now thats PIS. We've established that Storm is immune to her powers but how are Psylocke and Thunderbird not electrocuted in that electrolysis field that she generates in water? She is so skillful that she can pass on her immunity to her teammates?
    i think your conclusion is wrong here. she is controlling the current, which would prevent said current from even entering her teammates.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    The interaction between Jean and Storm didn't carry the ocassional depth it has. Strange that Trinary called Gentle by name, when did she meet him. The direction is nice but I don't feel the charcaters dialogue and beats yet. Also, they're using Gabby quiks and banter to diaguise the lack of substance in characters interaction. I'm starting to get concerned.
    Agreed. I think part of the problem is that there hasn't been much downtime for the characters to relax and interact. I have high hopes that the X-men Red Annual in two weeks will fill in some of the missing character work.

  13. #223
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Agreed. I think part of the problem is that there hasn't been much downtime for the characters to relax and interact. I have high hopes that the X-men Red Annual in two weeks will fill in some of the missing character work.
    I believe it will as supposedly it deals with the immediate aftermath of Jean being back. I think it literally starts the moment Phoenix: Resurrection ends. So presumably, by the time X-Men Red starts Jean's already been back at least couple months and has already had most if not all of her necessary reunions.

  14. #224
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now thats PIS. We've established that Storm is immune to her powers but how are Psylocke and Thunderbird not electrocuted in that electrolysis field that she generates in water? She is so skillful that she can pass on her immunity to her teammates?
    Storm has very precise control over her powers. Notice in this scan when this creature is holding onto Kitty, she's able to incinerate it with a bolt of lightning while controlling the electrical current so that Kitty doesn't even feel a static tickle:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/xY-zKvyntBA...Ppx2VJTg=s1600

    and also notice how she is able to use gale force winds and flood waters to clean out a building while not harming the structure of the building itself:

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/IZm2xK0pFpW...KYqtEouh=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/qirbvfaENYL...sf-5RwPA=s1600

    Notice as well how her tornado ignores everything except who and what she wants to scoop up:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/u2jXpykCu0H...ERgs0tj_=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/304HEGZy66r...UbqYPw_F=s1600

  15. #225
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm has very precise control over her powers. Notice in this scan when this creature is holding onto Kitty, she's able to incinerate it with a bolt of lightning while controlling the electrical current so that Kitty doesn't even feel a static tickle:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/xY-zKvyntBA...Ppx2VJTg=s1600

    and also notice how she is able to use gale force winds and flood waters to clean out a building while not harming the structure of the building itself:

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/IZm2xK0pFpW...KYqtEouh=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/qirbvfaENYL...sf-5RwPA=s1600

    Notice as well how her tornado ignores everything except who and what she wants to scoop up:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/u2jXpykCu0H...ERgs0tj_=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/304HEGZy66r...UbqYPw_F=s1600
    thank you. please post evidence and douse the flames of misinformation away.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •