Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    She was also brought back in Bishops redemption story
    iirc it was a Cassandra Nova from the future

Mighty Member

Is this better than limbo? If sh!t got too real there You might stand a chance with whatever zany mutant power you had but against tons pounds of crushing water? I'd make sure my best buddy was a teleporter

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    We will get no answer on who is Cassandra Nova, when did she return, how did she get a body. Marvel will deliberatedly ignore anything about Cassandra Nova continuity.

In Morrison's New X-Men, Cassandra Nova was completely defeated. She (the mummudrai immaterial body) was expulsed from the body of Charles, and then she was tricked into entering the synthetic body of a shapeshifter of the Shi Ar Imperial Guard that had been manipulated to make it look like Cassandra's body, when she possessed that body she was mindwiped and turned into a student of the school. The student known as Ernst.

Marvel doesn't want to acknowledge that, so Cassandra Nova continuity will never make sense. If I had to write a Cassandra Nova story, it would be about her trying to get back her body (Ernst). BTW, the son of nurse Annie was possessed by Cassandra Nova when she left the school. I would make it that her mind reformed in his mind, and now she wants her body back.

Also, the nano sentinels story isnt really very original, Morrison "invented" the trope, and it was used by Fraction too.

If that’s the case, then i really don’t get the appeal of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    If that’s the case, then i really don’t get the appeal of the character.
    Bc shes a major threat. In her very first appearance, she wiped out 16 million mutants. No Xmen villian has been that effective right out the gate

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bc shes a major threat. In her very first appearance, she wiped out 16 million mutants. No Xmen villian has been that effective right out the gate
    Except arguably Dark Phoenix, who Cassie is deviously playing up with the world leaders in her efforts to turn the world against Jean.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Except arguably Dark Phoenix, who Cassie is deviously playing up with the world leaders in her efforts to turn the world against Jean.
    Cassandra Nova is the greatest enemy of mutants in body count
    Then come Wanda and the Inhuman Royal Family
    and below, the Weapon X Program and Sinister (over 6000 died in the Neverland concentration camp), Sugar Man and the Genoshan mutates Genegeneer

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Dark Phoenix fought the X-men in her first appearance but she did nothing to them. The D'Bari deaths were collateral damage; not ones she intended to kill. Nova set out to obliterate Genosha and she succeeded

Cassandra Nova is Xavier recruiting Mutants to save the kids who are his dream and one of those kids is Jean but it's 2018 and Jean takes her team to Wakanda not Krakoa...Red is really important. Morrison may have been right about a lot of things, but he was bitter and vain and destructive.

Then there was Bendis. An uncomfortable funeral and wake.

Now there is Tom Taylor and he is kind of incredible, I hope we all keep buying this book and showing our support.

The more this title sells...the less it will have to 'sell'.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    http://thegeekiary.com/storm-joins-x...-issue-4/52646

Yep. She’s generally protected. BUT we figured she can control lightning, so she can probably control it enough to hurt herself if she chose – or if something chose for her.

— Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade)*May 17, 2018
    Glad you posted this. I liked the story overall, liked the art, like the Storm + Jean reunion and LOVE Storm's new look.....but was not going to continue with this title when I saw suicide by lightning lol. But good to know the writer clarified/gave sound reasoning for it.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 05-20-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Soooo exited for Storm joining!

Spectacular Member PrezValentine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dark Phoenix fought the X-men in her first appearance but she did nothing to them. The D'Bari deaths were collateral damage; not ones she intended to kill. Nova set out to obliterate Genosha and she succeeded
    Yep, DP doesn't really compare. Cassie just woke up like "oh boy, time to kill some muties" and went back home with 16 million corpses left in Genosha. Not even Wanda or the inhuman poison killed that many.

Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Cyclops suffered damage in the skull area on his fall as a kid and that damaged his control of his blasts when a teenager.

Obviously with all the coaching and training he received from Xavier, the experimenting he suffered under Sinister and his own disciplined ways, if he could control the blasts properly without the visor, he would. Is all because of the skull damage.

About Emma, Emma being a psy, can boosts power levels and control somewhat some of these handicaps with her mental suggestions. See Cyclops, Magneto and more recently Havok in Blue.

So in theory, Cyclops could do regular blasts without the visor with psychics assisting instead of the MOB.
    So why can't a "healer" simply fix his head and he can control it without his visor?