Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Surfer did NOT get KO'd by a brick thrown by a "human demonstrator". It was Karnak of the Inhumans who tossed the brick at his only vulnerable weak spot.

.....yknow, that weak spot that has also been smothered in the nuclear fire of stars and otherwise been fine, but details aren't important! KARNAAAK!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefully) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Surfer did NOT get KO'd by a brick thrown by a "human demonstrator". It was Karnak of the Inhumans who tossed the brick at his only vulnerable weak spot.

.....yknow, that weak spot that has also been smothered in the nuclear fire of stars and otherwise been fine, but details aren't important! KARNAAAK!
    Ah but the Black Panther has already proven that the Silver Surfer is vulnerable to martial arts abilities.
    Superman was a beacon to the world. He didnít just save people, he made them see the best part of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ah yes. Praetor, a concept so boring and poorly presented that everybody ignored the character's existence after his introduction. And rightly so.
    Didn't say it was a GOOD reason. :-)

Tomato, tomato (just cause you say it differently, doesn't mean you WRITE it differently).

It's among just a host, a cornucopia, a plethora of other fine examples: Thor bothering to spin Mjolnir to deflect bullets rather than just tanking them. Captain America punching out Hulk. Juggernaut being stuck in concrete for months. Gambit taking out Gladiator with a deck of cards. Spider-Man versus Firelord (of course). Panther and the almighty Armbar Cosmic. Storm doing anything at all to Stardust. Vargas. Just... Vargas. Any Flash villain without massive superspeed. Almost any Superman villain without massive superspeed. Wonder Woman being just fine thanks in a nuclear explosion or having a building drop on her, but having to block small caliber handguns with magic bracelets. Silver Surfer in a number of situations where the writer forgets literally everything about the guy. Sentry not ripping WWH in half and tossing the halves into the sun. Thor, alleged brilliant fighter and tactical/strategic genius, just forgetting all of the ridiculous crap he can do with the hammer (drop the badguy into the supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy, perhaps?) to engage in the always so effective "punch guy" attack, or better, the "fly at top speed directly into bad guy's fist" technique.

I need a drink.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ah yes. Praetor, a concept so boring and poorly presented that everybody ignored the character's existence after his introduction. And rightly so.

No joke.

Who is Praetor? Searching google for "Praetor Marvel" just brings up a bunch of things about Gladiator.
    Twitter

Tumblr

Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Ah but the Black Panther has already proven that the Silver Surfer is vulnerable to martial arts abilities.
    And yet not the super-powered martial arts of Midnight Sun and his Fedora of Doom and Trenchcoat of Terror?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

No joke.

Who is Praetor? Searching google for "Praetor Marvel" just brings up a bunch of things about Gladiator.
    Yeah, you REALLY don't want to know.

But since you asked. :-)

During the Galactus/Surfer v. Asgard fight over the World Seed, the local priest in Broxton, OK, where Asgard was stationed at the time, was fed up with feeling scared about having the new-ish neighbors there. So he started a protest demanding that Asgard move. In the interim, Surfer chatted with him a bit and was impressed. Volstagg was the only Asgardian there, he was feeling insulted about having his cooking expertise refused at Bill's Cafe, and then getting yelled at by said priest, so he made ready to do war with the demonstrators from Broxton.

Then Galactus fell from the sky after the Headbutt Heard Round the Cosmos. When he got up, the preacher was challenging him. This is not a joke. Surfer showed up, and told Galactus that he'd stay on Earth/Asgard to ensure that the Asgardians didn't touch or use the world seed, and when the Earth dies of natural causes, Big G can come back and have the seed for lunch, dinner, basically an endless supply of all you can eat planetary energy. Big G whined about Surfer leaving him without a sidekick. Surfer proposed the preacher. Big G pimped him into a herald, and oh-by-the-way left Surfer on Earth, and made him look like a human.

And we never... heard... from... Praetor... again...

Well, I don't think so, anyway.

EDIT: Oops, I spelled it wrong, it's "Praeter" not "Praetor", sorry.

Astonishing Member

No joke.

Ok, so this was back when Asgard was neighbours to Broxton, Oklahoma. Thor had dived into the World tree and found the seed for a new world tree. Odin grabbed the seed and tried to hide it because it contains a lot of power that a lot of people would want. But he was too late and Galactus sensed the emergence of the seed. So he and Silver Surfer (who was Galactus' herald at this point, along with Stardust but all the writers have forgotten that Stardust exists by this point) make their way to Asgard to take the seed and use it to feed Galactus (it was either going to feed him eternally or a really long time, can't quite remember which).

They're actually a bit diplomatic about it, Surfer flies down first and politely asks for the seed. Odin, being in asshole mode at this point in his existence, displays the finesse and guile of a king god and basically says: "No, fuck off. And tell your master to fuck off too. This is my world seed." Silver Surfer flies off to and Asgard prepares for war with Galactus.

While this is taking place, some of the civilians in Broxton are getting a bit frustrated with the constant super battles that have been occurring near them ever since Asgard showed up. This group is lead by a preacher named Mike. As the battle between Asgard and Galactus rages on in space, Mike and his group go to take their protest directly to Asgard. Before anything can come of this, Galactus crashes down on earth between Asgard and Broxton (Odin had headbutted Galactus and they both fell out of space, Galactus got up just fine while Odin was delerious and could barely stand). Mike believed that Galactus was god and approached him, begging him to spare the earth. For some reason Galactus acknowledged that tiny, insignificant mortal spoke to him and replied. "Nope."

Loki (now in kid from) hid the seed away inside the world tree and Silver Surfer opted to stay and keep an eye on the asgardians so that they wouldn't just fish it up again. Because of this he felt that Galactus needed a replacement herald (because, again, the writers forgot that Stardust exists) and suggested that Mike the preacher could take the role because he's so brave or some nonsense. Galactus agree and makes Mike into (we got his herald name wrong) Praeter.

Praeter was never seen or spoken of again after this story.

EDIT: Darnit, ninja'd. Still letting this stay though.

Oh dear, poor lad.

Also, Stardust deserves respect because she's great!
    Twitter

Tumblr

When I was reading the description, my brain did go "Oh, the random priest guy but that's literally all I could remember of him,"
    Twitter

Tumblr

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Ahh Fraction.

He was dreadful.

Oh dear, poor lad.

Also, Stardust deserves respect because she's great!
    Pretty sure Stardust uses "he, him" pronouns. But it doesn't really matter I suppose as they are really a forcefully evolved creature of pure energy lol
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefully) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

Astonishing Member The Dork Knight's Avatar

Pretty sure Stardust uses "he, him" pronouns. But it doesn't really matter I suppose as they are really a forcefully evolved creature of pure energy lol
    That was actually kinda a writer mixup. The creator in the Beta Ray Bill story made him a dude but then they used him as a female in Annihilation

It's like when Stan Lee kept forgetting the names of his characters so he came up with Reed Richards, Peter Parker etc though things like "Bob Banner" still made it to print

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    That was actually kinda a writer mixup. The creator in the Beta Ray Bill story made him a dude but then they used him as a female in Annihilation

It's like when Stan Lee kept forgetting the names of his characters so he came up with Reed Richards, Peter Parker etc though things like "Bob Banner" still made it to print
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. I was going off of the Beta Ray Bill stuff for memory.

Karnak hit the Surfer in his PIS Bladder.