Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 84 of 84

Thread: Deadpool 2

  1. #76
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I didnt know Juggernaut was going to be in it until I got spoiled (goddammit), but I watched it tonight and many in the audience cheered when he emerged from the crushed cell (not like anything in Infinity War, but still). Like, when Deadpool was fanboying over Juggy, it was like he and several of the audience were agreeing with each other. It was a good surprise.

    Fun fact: the X-Men cameo was possible bc Dark Phoenix was filming nearby, and Simon Kinsberg directed the cameo.
    Sorry about that. But we knew Juggy was in it, okay!

    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  2. #77
    Incredible Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "Hope" and "Essex" - maybe.
    "Pryor" and "Mojoverse" - nope.
    We need to see Cable's backstory if he's going to stick around, and all of a sudden I've got these crazy ideas about how it's going to go down. Like Mr. Sinister finally makes his appearance and is obsessed with the Summers bloodline and Jean gets pregnant and she and Scott are afraid Sinister is going to go after their kid. So Jean has to make up a name (she sees "Pryor" on an ice cream truck) and says young Nathan's mother is Madelyn Pryor, and he is sent away to be raised somewhere as Nathan Dayspring (this wouldn't be in an X-Men movie, just backstory we learn from Cable). And he ends up in a Logan-like future where all the mutants are extinct but ends up having a daughter, Hope, and she has powers.

    But it might be enough just to know if there's a specific event that Cable can prevent to save his future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I found the soundtrack to be far superior to any heard in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, personally.
    For me it's kind of even. Deadpool 2 gets points for having an original Celine Dion song, but it loses points for having the Pina Colada song, which was in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

  3. #78
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Sorry about that. But we knew Juggy was in it, okay!

    That was a split second blink if you missed it shot. You would have to pause it, like you did to see that it might have been Juggy. I didn't know for certain until i looked online specifically for reports of it a few days before that he was in it. There were no big reports, nothing on actor, voice actor, mo cap action, so if you did not look too hard you would not know he was in it.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    That was a split second blink if you missed it shot. You would have to pause it, like you did to see that it might have been Juggy. I didn't know for certain until i looked online specifically for reports of it a few days before that he was in it. There were no big reports, nothing on actor, voice actor, mo cap action, so if you did not look too hard you would not know he was in it.
    I was joking. I know most people wouldn't have caught that.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

    For me it's kind of even. Deadpool 2 gets points for having an original Celine Dion song, but it loses points for having the Pina Colada song, which was in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
    Oooh, good point. It's a minor complaint from me, but the Pina Colada song was enough to take me out of the movie and think about GotG (and not in a fun way like when Wade called Cable Thanos).

  6. #81

    Default

    The more I think about it, I love Deadpool 1, in spite of Ajax. Meanwhile, I love Deadpool 2, period. That's probably why I would give Deadpool 2 a bit of an edge over part 1 despite being, again, completely different movies. I love a good villain, but Ajax just annoyed me for some reason.

    One of the complaints I've read in some reviews is that DP2 lacks a clearly defined villain (Cable is merely an antagonist), with that headmaster being a sort of de facto, closest-thing-we-got villain. And...true, but a movie can have a clearly defined villain and still suck, did everything else work or did the plot suffer from it? I'd say no.

    Interestingly, apparently Black Tom Cassidy was supposed to be this "clearly defined villain" but scenes for him were cut. I've heard different things as to why but ONE of them was his powers would have been too expensive to film. If that's true (or one of the many reasons why), would it have been more expensive than all-CGI Juggernaut? The producers et al seem to think so. I'm personally neutral on Juggs, always have been, so while I wish we would have gotten BTC instead everyone teaming up to fight him was kinda cool.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    We need to see Cable's backstory if he's going to stick around, and all of a sudden I've got these crazy ideas about how it's going to go down. Like Mr. Sinister finally makes his appearance and is obsessed with the Summers bloodline and Jean gets pregnant and she and Scott are afraid Sinister is going to go after their kid. So Jean has to make up a name (she sees "Pryor" on an ice cream truck) and says young Nathan's mother is Madelyn Pryor, and he is sent away to be raised somewhere as Nathan Dayspring (this wouldn't be in an X-Men movie, just backstory we learn from Cable). And he ends up in a Logan-like future where all the mutants are extinct but ends up having a daughter, Hope, and she has powers.

    But it might be enough just to know if there's a specific event that Cable can prevent to save his future.
    In the film Cable said that he was bred for war. So I guessing he will be an Essex creation like Laura.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The more I think about it, I love Deadpool 1, in spite of Ajax. Meanwhile, I love Deadpool 2, period. That's probably why I would give Deadpool 2 a bit of an edge over part 1 despite being, again, completely different movies. I love a good villain, but Ajax just annoyed me for some reason.

    One of the complaints I've read in some reviews is that DP2 lacks a clearly defined villain (Cable is merely an antagonist), with that headmaster being a sort of de facto, closest-thing-we-got villain. And...true, but a movie can have a clearly defined villain and still suck, did everything else work or did the plot suffer from it? I'd say no.

    Interestingly, apparently Black Tom Cassidy was supposed to be this "clearly defined villain" but scenes for him were cut. I've heard different things as to why but ONE of them was his powers would have been too expensive to film. If that's true (or one of the many reasons why), would it have been more expensive than all-CGI Juggernaut? The producers et al seem to think so. I'm personally neutral on Juggs, always have been, so while I wish we would have gotten BTC instead everyone teaming up to fight him was kinda cool.
    I'm wondering if it wasn't a case of his powers being more expensive than Juggernaut, but rather is if they could either afford to have both of their powers and do them well, or if they decided to dump one in order to really soup up Juggernaut's CGI.

    I've read that the film makers were super-disappointed with X3's Juggernaut and wanted to redeem him, but I'm not sure if that would be enough of a reason to essentially devote BTC's budget into Juggernaut.

  9. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm wondering if it wasn't a case of his powers being more expensive than Juggernaut, but rather is if they could either afford to have both of their powers and do them well, or if they decided to dump one in order to really soup up Juggernaut's CGI.
    The latter apparently. Here's the quote:

    “We thought we were overstuffing the movie a little bit with too many antagonists, too many villains. And also budgetarily, it was very, very expensive, because his powers are to move organic material around — the entire orphanage, and the trees, everything was flying around, and the hailstorms of wood — it was really cool, but it was also really, really expensive, and we just thought, we prefer to throw that money to the CG of Juggernaut as opposed to Black Tom.”

    Not sure if connected per se, but since we're speaking about why one mutant who can move material around but didn't, here's why another didn't move material around either:

    “I think it is a little of an open question. We’re going to explore Cable more moving forward, we just didn’t want to overload it. We did have versions of the script where he was using telekinesis, and it just became — suddenly he was Force-hurling stuff, it felt like Star Wars. We just decided to dial it back. Let’s keep it about technology. Let’s not overwhelm the audience.”

    You know it really sounds like they put a lot of thought into Deadpool 2, and despite everything going on the writers producers et al were very cognizant of not overwhelming the audience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •