Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    DC TV plan is "good for two seasons, then we burn it to the ground".
    I would say Legends Season 3 became good once they honestly embraced their own ridiculousness and leaned into it hard, and also acknowledged that Team Legends are hysterical screw ups who succeed often despite themselves. The show clicked at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Until you said this, I donít think Iíve heard anyone defend any Arrow after Season 2. Having watched every season, I can confirm it gets worse basically every year.
    I don't see how you can say this, but you like Supergirl so your tastes have always been weird :P.

Season 5 did well, not only because of the villain, but also the team dynamic once that stupid idiot left and joined a psychopathic murderer all because she found out Oliver killed a bunch of bad people that were above the law back in season 1(yet had no issues with his killing of Dahrk). Everything else was great, ranging from Felicity coming to understand Olivers motives last season due to having to go the same lengths he has to go through in order to get things done, and apologizing to him for being a twat.

I fail to see how anyone could say the last season was anything but good.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

Amazing Member

A corpse being dragged on by a good antagonist isn't objectively "good" as a whole.
    'Objectively'
    Good joke

Until you said this, I don’t think I’ve heard anyone defend any Arrow after Season 2. Having watched every season, I can confirm it gets worse basically every year.
    Then you haven't been looking closely.
    Season 5 has been considered a great improvement to the previous 2 installments.
    And seriously, you think it was worse than 3 and 4?
    The fuck.

Also yeah, I also don't think 6 was half-bad. Though it had some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I don't see how you can say this, but you like Supergirl so your tastes have always been weird :P.

Season 5 did well, not only because of the villain, but also the team dynamic once that stupid idiot left and joined a psychopathic murderer all because she found out Oliver killed a bunch of bad people that were above the law back in season 1(yet had no issues with his killing of Dahrk). Everything else was great, ranging from Felicity coming to understand Olivers motives last season due to having to go the same lengths he has to go through in order to get things done, and apologizing to him for being a twat.

I fail to see how anyone could say the last season was anything but good.
    I find these days that I watch Arrow more out of completist, masochistic obligation than with any realistic expectations of taking any enjoyment whatsoever. (Though I still harbour hopes for next season since they’ve announced Roy will be back as a core cast member so it might start to feel like early Arrow again.)

Flash is slowly heading the same way, but they still have moments of Cisco being enjoyable to offset the rising dirge.

And yes, I like Supergirl. I don’t enjoy it as much as Legends (which is great, and will be even better with Constantine in it), but it’s better made than any of the others.

(Of course, the best DC shows aren’t CW-verse at all; the cruelly-cancelled Constantine notwithstanding; as Gotham and Black Lightning piss over everything else currently ongoing.)

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Wait wait.

Is Legends getting the good Constantine ? The one that was cancelled ?

Wait wait.

Is Legends getting the good Constantine ? The one that was cancelled ?
    Yup.

Limit dance.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Yup.

Limit dance.
    Well I'm in.

I find these days that I watch Arrow more out of completist, masochistic obligation than with any realistic expectations of taking any enjoyment whatsoever. (Though I still harbour hopes for next season since they’ve announced Roy will be back as a core cast member so it might start to feel like early Arrow again.)
    Yay! Arsenal returns! Likely will be used to set up the eventual "Red Arrow" that Olivers son will undoubtedly become.

Flash is slowly heading the same way, but they still have moments of Cisco being enjoyable to offset the rising dirge.
    He can be, but he can get really easily stressed out in combat too. I myself hope that, if something happens to Harry, they'll get this one to replace him:

And yes, I like Supergirl. I don’t enjoy it as much as Legends (which is great, and will be even better with Constantine in it), but it’s better made than any of the others.
    I find it over the top cheesey, the characters annoying, plot predictable, "jokes" annoying, and the story just poorly written with very forgettable characters.

(Of course, the best DC shows aren’t CW-verse at all; the cruelly-cancelled Constantine notwithstanding; as Gotham and Black Lightning piss over everything else currently ongoing.)
    With the exception of Barbara, and the shows so called "legion of assassins"(more like bumbling, clumsy idiots ever since the court of owls went to shit) and Bruce Wayne being a twig, I kinda agree on Gotham. Haven't seen Black Lightning, don't know what channel it's being aired on.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

The best comic book shows (not counting netflix, week to week) imo:

1) Agents of Shield: The last two seasons have been perfect and it blows me my mind that ABC nearly cancels this shows every year it's goddamn great.

2)Legends of Tomorrow: As noted the show is pure comic book goofiness and totally rolls with it. If they made a silver age show with a modern effects and budget it would be legends and its awesome. Even if Mallus was totally forgettable compared to the fantastic legion of doom this season. Hail Beebo!

3) Supergirl: Going to side with Beadle here, I think Supergirl is criminally underrated. Mon-el sucked last season but has been redeemed, the introduction of the legion of superheroes is awesome (introduce karate kid, please.) and they legitimately have a great villain in Reign that you don't want to die. The only thing dragging it down is Jimmy Olson who is totally useless and the fact there making Lena a villain. I just want them to be totally not gay friends dammit!

4)Gotham: Gotham is like Legends except instead of cheesy fun it's cheesy dark with some fun. Like the show is completely totally insane and off the rails, but it's a great watch.

5) Black Lightning: A very solid grounded first season with likable characters its the most consistent on this list in terms of sheer quality.

6) Flash: I actually am going to have disagree with Pen here I think Davoe is pretty good. The main problem this season is it felt like there were way to many forgettable filler episodes. For every great one like Enter Flashtime which is one of the best episodes they've ever done imo, there seems to be three that just feel useless like the one where they team up with evil annoying mary poppins.

7)Arrow: After a fantastic Season 5 I was hoping it would regain it's momentum and it stumbled again. Felicity is honestly been fine this season, she basically is her old self and supports Oliver at every turn. The big issue was the civil bore between the team, which made them all utterly unlikable. Which is a shame because I was starting to quite like Wild Dog.
    Second half with Diaz got a lot better, as the actor has finally gotten a chance to shine and work the character and is actually pretty damn good.
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; Today at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    The best comic book shows (not counting netflix, week to week) imo:

1) Agents of Shield: The last two seasons have been perfect and it blows me my mind that ABC nearly cancels this shows every year it's goddamn great.

2)Legends of Tomorrow: As noted the show is pure comic book goofiness and totally rolls with it. If they made a silver age show with a modern effects and budget it would be legends and its awesome. Even if Mallus was totally forgettable compared to the fantastic legion of doom this season. Hail Beebo!

3) Supergirl: Going to side with Beadle here, I think Supergirl is criminally underrated. Mon-el sucked last season but has been redeemed, the introduction of the legion of superheroes is awesome (introduce karate kid, please.) and they legitimately have a great villain in Reign that you don't want to die. The only thing dragging it down is Jimmy Olson who is totally useless and the fact there making Lena a villain. I just want them to be totally not gay friends dammit!

4)Gotham: Gotham is like Legends except instead of cheesy fun it's cheesy dark with some fun. Like the show is completely totally insane and off the rails, but it's a great watch.

5) Black Lightning: A very solid grounded firsts season with likable characters its the most consistent on this list in terms of sheer quality.

6) Flash: I actually am going to have disagree with Pen here I think Davoe is pretty good. The main problem this season is it felt like there were way to many forgettable filler episodes. For every great one like Enter Flashtime which is one of the best episodes they've ever done imo, there seems to be three that just feel useless like the one where they team up with evil annoying mary poppins.

7) After a fantastic Season 5 I was hoping it would regain it's momentum and it stumbled again. Felicity is honestly been fine this season, she basically is her old self and supports Oliver and every turn. The big issue was the civil bore between the team, which them all utterly unlikable. Which is a shame because I was starting to quite like Wild Dog.
    Second half with Diaz got a lot better, as the actor has finally gotten a chance to shine and work the character and is actually pretty damn good.

5) Black Lightning
    Oh, if we’re doing ALL comics series then Legion, The Walking Dead and Runaways take the top 3 slots.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Oh, if we’re doing ALL comics series then Legion, The Walking Dead and Runaways take the top 3 slots.
    re: legion, I watched the first season and thought it was very good. Very innovative, and would be up there.

Also thought Runaways was fantastic, a brilliant adaptation of the comic and the actors look scarily like there comic counterparts.

Walking Dead I'll have to disagree. The first season was great, and the governor storyline was well done, but overall the story is just such as soap opera with zombies and seriously if people critique the arrow team for making bad choices, I'm fairly sure if you dropped me into the walking dead show universe I'd make Alexander The Great look second rate as seriously no one thinks. Like seriously I love Negan as a villain but how has no one taken the very simple action of sniping this man from a distance already?

Oh and I would recommend Preacher to anyone who hasn't seen it. First season is a bit slow and shaky but the second season really starts to get into the over the top humour, violence and insanity that was the original comic. Love the show.
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; Today at 12:35 AM.

Oh, yeah I totally forgot Preacher. I love that show.

Anyhoo... back to the actual Rumble, anyone...?