Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Does feel like a bit of a missed opportunity, especially since many of the old WC team are pretty prominent Avengers in the films now (Although we still don't have a Wonder Man or Tigra) and even a bit on TV (Although Mockingbird left a while back).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Looks like alot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The US version of Big Brother is still going. In the US, reality TV remains a relatively popular genre. (As for Trump, I'm still pretty sure his run for president was him trying to drum up attention for his show. He would definitely still be hosting Celebrity Apprentice if he could. To suggest he jumped because he saw which way the wind was blowing is to ignore his entire history. He's the idiot who got into selling mortgages right before the real estate market collapsed. The only wave he was able to recognize was racism.)
    The UK version is ALSO still going. Tried to bring it back, Kintor said? No "try" about it, they saved it from cancellation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Br...(UK_TV_series)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebr...(UK_TV_series)

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well I am 50. Age has nothing to do with it. I like the 'Clockwork Orange School-Boy Radical' Quire, and consider him a victim of manipulation and drug use. Perhaps it is a uniquely British form of self expression, but growing up in the 70's it rings very true.

It is actually a timely story of radicalisation, and how that can happen to even the brightest kids given the wrong environment and influence. Take a kid going through alienation (in Quire's case the moment he learns he was adopted by telephone), introduce them to drugs and anarchy, and hand them a gun, or in this case the drugs and the gun are the same thing. The subtext of Morrison's story was all about the subtle manipulation and radicalisation of kids. Just because Marvel and many fans didn't like the reveals doesn't remove the actual intent of the story.

This is why Quire needs to be written carefully and with nuance. He was introduced to a way of thinking at an impressionable time in his life and shouldn't be written as repentant, but instead pragmatic and damaged under a tough exterior.

If we can't forgive Quire then we can't forgive suicide-bomb Glob either.
    I'd welcome both characters going away. I don't get Morrison's humor. And he hasn't written material for Quire in a long long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    It kind of reminds me of those Bendis Avengers issues during Fear Itself where they had talking heads.
    If you mean the Interview pages when you say "talking heads" then:
    I loved that. A lot.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Superhero Movies 2017 - R A N K E D

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    If you mean the Interview pages when you say "talking heads" then:
    I loved that. A lot.
    Yep, that's what the technique is called.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yep, that's what the technique is called.
    Alright, I never heard of that term.
    Anyway, good stuff.

I also liked the written Interview prior to that were different avengers went through the Teams entire history.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Superhero Movies 2017 - R A N K E D

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Alright, I never heard of that term.
    Anyway, good stuff.

I also liked the written Interview prior to that were different avengers went through the Teams entire history.
    Ahh, those were too overly Bendis-y for my taste.