Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I think that several posters here are just very disappointed, or irritated, at this book. I personally wouldn't comment on its quality before it even comes out, but I probably won't comment either after it is out because I have no intention of reading it. I don't intend to give it a fair chance by reading it, because nothing about it interests me: the characters, the reality show aspect (ugh, how I hate reality shows...!). Just like a Punisher book will never interest me, or a Deadpool book, or a SG book, etc... I could always comment on the art if I see previews or things like that, but I won't be passing judgment on a book that I have no intention of reading.

It's just not a book for me, and that's okay in itself. Not everything Marvel publishes has to be aimed at me My only beef is with the use of the name "West Coast Avengers".
    I like that mindset. I try to keep that viewpoint when stuff I like is changed in ways I don't like; it's not for me anymore and as much as that sucks, just move on and hop back on again when things swing in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They didn't waste anytime, the vids are already here. "These characters failed how dare they stick around"..."Marvel is doubling down on failure"..."How dare this comic get published and not a certain thing by a certain internet 'celebrity'"...
    Actually checked on a couple of those after the fact. I can maybe think of one internet troll who I'd say is worse, but I think it's only a difference in the level of coarseness that they stoop to. (I found it really rich that one of them was complaining about their opponents lying to win arguments despite doing that themselves, as I can attest from personal experience.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Ok. Not quite sure what "That response comes from those area no matter what sure" means.

But on this particular forum, there's definitely hate directed at this title from people who have a history of hating on similar books and I'm sure no matter what this was called, they'd be just as eager to say how terrible it was that Marvel was publishing a book with these characters.
    I meant that there are those areas of comic commentary, specifically some you tubers, who will attack this gen of character no matter what, I agree with you entirety there

Specifically about this thread, sure done people have said they don't like these characters but it looks to me that most are unhappy about the nane and the brand, given the roster seems do detached from an avengers line up (opinions vary there I appreciate )

I do believe the branding, on here, has caused this reaction, if it was called something else, most of these comments would not be here

I wouldn't except to say I'm happy chavez is back

Which I am

I hope they show actual west coast characters.

The Order
    Earth Force
    Pamela Pierce
    Night Shift

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I wouldn't except to say I'm happy chavez is back
    Which I am
    A lot of more recent teams from Marvel feel like random assortments of people with no real ties or connections (Namor,Jean Grey, Gentle and Laura? Goodness, was a dartboard involved in selecting those members?), but this team at least has a seed of connection between Kate and Clint, Kate and her boyfriend, and Kate and America. It's just Gwen and Quentin that sort of come from nowhere and don't feel like they 'fit.' Replacing them with two people who have ties to either America (through her book, which I haven't read enough of to suggest anyone, or past teammates or quasi-teammates like Raz Malhotra, the new Giant-Man, or this 'Ultimate Nullifier' dude, or some other former Young Avenger like Speed or Noh-Varr, whose interactions with Kate's new boyfriend might prove amusing) or Hawkeye (through his dozens of different teams and connections, like Songbird, from the Thunderbolts, or Winter Soldier, from their recent team up, or Red Wolf or Tilda Johnson, from *their* recent teamup).

Still, I suppose this 'random collection of people' team formula isn't exactly new. The original Champions lineup included old friends Angel and Iceman, and completely unrelated Black Widow and Hercules (who at least had been Avengers, but not at the same time, IIRC, and may never have met before), and even more unrelated to all of them Ghost Rider...

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hope they show actual west coast characters.

The Order
    Earth Force
    Pamela Pierce
    Night Shift
    I really miss The Order. To me they were a great team.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A lot of more recent teams from Marvel feel like random assortments of people with no real ties or connections (Namor,Jean Grey, Gentle and Laura? Goodness, was a dartboard involved in selecting those members?), but this team at least has a seed of connection between Kate and Clint, Kate and her boyfriend, and Kate and America. It's just Gwen and Quentin that sort of come from nowhere and don't feel like they 'fit.' Replacing them with two people who have ties to either America (through her book, which I haven't read enough of to suggest anyone, or past teammates or quasi-teammates like Raz Malhotra, the new Giant-Man, or this 'Ultimate Nullifier' dude, or some other former Young Avenger like Speed or Noh-Varr, whose interactions with Kate's new boyfriend might prove amusing) or Hawkeye (through his dozens of different teams and connections, like Songbird, from the Thunderbolts, or Winter Soldier, from their recent team up, or Red Wolf or Tilda Johnson, from *their* recent teamup).

Still, I suppose this 'random collection of people' team formula isn't exactly new. The original Champions lineup included old friends Angel and Iceman, and completely unrelated Black Widow and Hercules (who at least had been Avengers, but not at the same time, IIRC, and may never have met before), and even more unrelated to all of them Ghost Rider...
    Yes they do feel more like a champions style to me , both the originals in the mix up of styles and the newer in the generation of characters I feel

That's a good thing to me, I liked both of those books

Pulled from Kelly's Tumblr account https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...characters-and

Q: Out of curiosity where their other characters and mission statements you considered for the WCA before you landed on the current one?

A: I don’t really remember. The first iteration was something like…Clint, Kate, America, She-Hulk, Tigra, and Wonder Man…I think?
    This would have been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Pulled from Kelly's Tumblr account https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...characters-and

I love the sound of that

maybe keep Quire I there to fill the US agent good guy antagonist role on the team

Extraordinary Member

I hope Tigra and Wonder Man both show up at some point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I hope Tigra and Wonder Man both show up at some point.
    I'd like to see him on a team with chavez, she could help get his verve back , coz I think this pacifist story has run its course
    Last edited by kilderkin; Today at 06:25 AM.

That was a non-starter because Jen's on the other team, of course. Though I wish she weren't, because she's acting like Banner Hulk and not how she acted in her recent solo or in the past.

Good news: Marvel is doing a new West Coast Avengers with The Hawkeyes (Clint & Kate), and Ms.America Chavez & Kelly Thompson writing

"Meh" news: This incarnation of the "Wacos" is adding Gwenpool, she is a character I can take or leave, but her series "humanized" Batroc as a character, which is aces with me

Bad news: This incarnation of the "Wacos" is getting Quentin Quire (No, just..just..No, what do you mean Marvel Boy {another Grant Morrison Marvel character} wasn't available? Why Not!! {jk me being comedically dramatic}, And these "Wacos" will be anchored as a reality show a la "Jersey Shore:Family Vacation" "Vanderpump Rules" and "Real World", oh jeez what could possibly go wrong? (that's a rhetorical question, read The New Warriors arc by Zeb Wells & Skottie Young to find out how that team led to $#!^ show that was Stamford, and Civil War I)

I'll pass thanks
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

That would've felt much more like a proper West Coast Avengers team then what we ended up with.

And Thompson probably would not have stuck Jen with the "Savage Hulk" characterization she's exhibiting in Aaron's Avengers.