Default Characters That Can Work With Or Without Powers

Which characters do you think make just as much sense having super powers as not having them?

For me:

Phantom Lady

Black Canary

Ryuku Orsono

Artemis of the Bana

Surprisingly for me Hal Jordan, if written correctly.
    Although the arc ended pretty horribly, the idea was there.
    In a forced minor arc Jordan was pretty much out of the Corps as John Stewart was being established.
    Although it doesn't stop Jordan from heroing, as the ring never made Jordan, it recognized him for his brave honest will, he fueled the ring. Takes an experimental rocket-pack from Ferris, and goes on a bit of an (pre-Rocketeer)action-hero adventure.

Always thought with all the derivative Earth Lanterns vying for attention, if they do ever hiatus Jordan from the Corps.
    Him and Carol Ferris, could keep adventuring, her with Ferris tech and financing coming up with the flight themed arsenal, and Jordan as the secret "pilot".
    I'd even extend it into a space faring gear and mission.

Last edited by Güicho; 05-18-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

To be honest I think almost any work if aimed at well.

Like folks joke about Superman being "useless" without his powers but if written correctly he's still a master of certain combat styles and has a whole cache of alien tech to wield if needed.

I mean he was Nightwing in those old silver Age stories where he'd go into Kandor to explore even. But this is often forgotten.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Surprisingly for me Hal Jordan, if written correctly.
    Although the arc ended pretty horribly, the idea was there.
    In a forced minor arc Jordan was pretty much out of the Corps as John Stewart was being established.
    Although it doesn't stop Jordan from heroing, as the ring never made Jordan, it recognized him for his brave honest will, he fueled the ring. Takes an experimental rocket-pack from Ferris, and goes on a bit of an (pre-Rocketeer)action-hero adventure.
    Reminds me a bit of how Hal was Sky Night if I'm remembering the name in Busiek's Trinity run. In a reality where GL's weren't allowed on Earth Hal either seemed to wield Earth tech and a flying harness of some kind (or was secretly a GL in disguise, it wasn't clear). And I always found that a fun idea.