View Poll Results: Multiple Choice Poll: Check ALL that apply!

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • My GRADE for Solo: A-range (A-, A, A+)

19 29.23%
  • My GRADE for Solo: B-range

32 49.23%
  • My GRADE for Solo: C-range

10 15.38%
  • My GRADE for Solo: D-range

4 6.15%
  • My GRADE for Solo: F

2 3.08%
  • Ron Howard was a GREAT director

14 21.54%
  • Ron Howard was a GOOD director

22 33.85%
  • Ron Howard was an AVERAGE director

10 15.38%
  • Ron Howard was a POOR director

3 4.62%
  • Alden Ehrenreich was a GREAT Han Solo

11 16.92%
  • Alden Ehrenreich was a GOOD Han Solo

24 36.92%
  • Alden Ehrenreich was an AVERAGE Han Solo

12 18.46%
  • Alden Ehrenreich was a POOR Han Solo

6 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm thinking the film being released in a month already oversaturated with blockbusters is a really is factor here.
    Oh definitely.
    "It seems that all he does is catches things and moves them." Jessica St. Clair

"He also blows." Paul Scheer

How Did This Get Made? #178, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Extraordinary Member SpiderClops's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bergman View Post
    I finally saw it last night and it was pretty good. Easily the best of the new Stars Wars movies.

Also saying something is unnecessary or who was asking for this anyway is as low effort a critique as it gets.
    Was that aimed at me? It wasn't a critique, I haven't even seen the movie. It was just one of the main reasons why it isn't a box office success imo.

While you can argue that nobody asks for anything until they've shown that they do(isn't that what Marvel keeps doing?), I think some things just don't sell, no matter how good or bad they are.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

I finally saw it last night, on what is probably the last weekend (or second to last at best) that my local theater is going to have the film.

It was a good, but not great film, that was entertaining. It's a heist film set in the Star Wars universe that really doesn't try and be much more, but it does what it is setting out to do and does it well. It's not something that I'd say warrants multiple views except on the home entertainment center, but I didn't feel like I wasted my money either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I finally saw it last night, on what is probably the last weekend (or second to last at best) that my local theater is going to have the film.

It was a good, but not great film, that was entertaining. It's a heist film set in the Star Wars universe that really doesn't try and be much more, but it does what it is setting out to do and does it well. It's not something that I'd say warrants multiple views except on the home entertainment center, but I didn't feel like I wasted my money either.
    I think that's a fair assessment. I really liked the movie, will be getting the BluRay (please make a Target special edition!) and re-watching it with the others. But, I agree that it's the most journeyman Star Wars movie we've gotten to date and doesn't really aspire to be more than what it is, a well-made movie, but not something that pushes the envelope.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Finally saw it today at the $5 bargain matinee. I liked it for what it was. I thought Ehrenreich did a good job as Solo, Glover and Clarke did good in their roles as well, but this was Harrelson film for sure.

I thought it was a pretty good and enjoyable movie. The only weird thing I can think of is the focus they had on the dice is some shots. That just seemed weird to me. I thought Alden did a good job as Han considering who's shoes he had to fill.