Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Justice League Dark, #33

A team member is possessed, and the House of Mystery is about to enter the unknown Void of Non-Being! Who will be left on the team by this issue's end?

Full article here.

The ultimate peek-a-BOO
    That's how it feels for the people you take over, Boston

I tried so hard to get into this book...I love the art but the stories just veered too much toward superheroics and not enough toward the creepy and spooky, for me. Kinda getting burned out on Constantine's shtik, too, honestly.

Honestly I forgot all about this book.

I loved the concept, initially, but then it just became "Constantine and the Others"

dropped this book for the second time recently... it's not totally useless, but it's nothing special either.

i think it peaked with Lemire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I tried so hard to get into this book...I love the art but the stories just veered too much toward superheroics and not enough toward the creepy and spooky, for me. Kinda getting burned out on Constantine's shtik, too, honestly.
    I feel like the book should be better connected to the main Justice League, but focused as a supernatural task force section. I want to see them on the Watchtower getting dispatched to events on earth that the Flash and Aquaman might not handle so well.

The book seems to have nothing to do with the Justice League and these characters seem to just wander from place to place in pack or get teleported to random places for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    I feel like the book should be better connected to the main Justice League, but focused as a supernatural task force section. I want to see them on the Watchtower getting dispatched to events on earth that the Flash and Aquaman might not handle so well.

The book seems to have nothing to do with the Justice League and these characters seem to just wander from place to place in pack or get teleported to random places for no reason.
    In some ways, Milligan's run in the beginning was just that. The JL powerless against a supernatural threat and Zatanna still had her connection with Batman and she went to take care of it and everyone else then came on board begrudgingly but still. I wouldn't mind now that Zatanna is with the Justice League too that she has her own team in JLD and gets assignments from the main team. With that you can play a bit with the idea with Deadman of him being either part of a supernatural team or wanting to be in just plain superheroics like Lemire alluded to in the Dr. Destiny arc. Swamp Thing will of course be a wild card since both Superman and Aquaman have had run-ins with him and Swampy with Bruce indirectly via Rotworld which he still remembers. It would be interesting at least.

I still don't understand why Constantine is in this book in this fashion. No one should be giving him the time of day considering he...you know...bailed on the team when the team needed him most at the end of Blight with the Thaumaton Project. Maybe as a backdoor advisor that only Zatanna communicates with not because of their relationship, but due to Constantine's greater knowledge of the occult. The team wouldn't need to know for some time, but over time they'll be clued in and question Zatanna's leadership. Batman could get involved just to warn her about John (maybe use that big board John has in the House of Mystery regarding all the heroes) and John will of course have his ulterior motives (maybe using the team to take care of the Cult of the Cold Flame for him). As is now, its a pretty aimless book.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 07-21-2014 at 11:43 AM.