Thread: LUCY Lane !!

Fantastic Member

Default LUCY Lane !!

I’ll admit it. I love Silver Age era Superman comics. In the current era of explaining “everything matters”, I would love to see Lucy Lane returned to the Superman books as Lois’ sister and Jimmy’s former girlfriend. Anyone else remember when Lucy disappeared for years and then showed up as an old woman?? Jimmy helped return her to her right age.

Lucy deserves a return as the girlfriend if JIMMY OLSEN!!!

Standing Member

Despite being returned to youth, Lucy retained her white hair. Which I thought was cool; however, at the end of the era she had brown hair. Maybe, like her sister, Lucy had a dye job. Only her hairdresser knows for sure.

The returning of Lucy indeed would be mysterious. If she returns in her pre-Flashpoint or new52version, it would be akward to return her as Jimmy's girlfriend. But with Bendis as the master writer, who knows?
    Internet Rule 14: Do not argue with trolls — it means they win.

Standing Member

What I liked about Lucy and Jimmy was their dysfunctional relationship. Jimmy was always lusting over other women and would throw Lucy aside if he got a better offer; yet jealous any time another man looked her way. Lucy seemed to attract older, taller men and as a flight attendant, travelling the world, had ample chances to find other lovers. Yet they kept getting back together. I find this refreshingly honest. Sure, there are those made in heaven romances, but many others have made in hell affairs.