Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Ultra_Sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Lord Drakkon invades the Sentaiverse.

    Instead of invading the Rangerverse, Lord Drakkon (with all of his power-ups, Zords, and his army, as of the most recent issue of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers) is transported to the Super Sentai universe, starting with Himitsu Sentai Gorenger. He intends to complete his plans of dominating the entire Ranger multiverse (by draining the energy of the Sentai heroes' transformation devices) in the Sentaiverse.


    Will Drakkon be successful in dominating the entire Sentaiverse, or how far does he get?
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 06-03-2018 at 11:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member TerryAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    870

    Default

    I am firmy of the opinion the Kyuurangers stomp him. Between Ryuucomander's super speed, Ho-Oh Soldier's flame manipulation and speed, and Shishi Red Orion's portal generation and "all your powers combined" hax.....it's an uphill battle for the villain
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Ultra_Sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    I am firmy of the opinion the Kyuurangers stomp him. Between Ryuucomander's super speed, Ho-Oh Soldier's flame manipulation and speed, and Shishi Red Orion's portal generation and "all your powers combined" hax.....it's an uphill battle for the villain
    My memory is fuzzy. Which season of Power Rangers did Kyuranger copy?

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    My memory is fuzzy. Which season of Power Rangers did Kyuranger copy?
    They haven't yet. Kyuranger is essentially a space team of 12 Rangers:



    I agree they win, but in fairness, the MMPR could beat him in a straight up fair battle, too. It's just that Drakkon's schtick (both in the future where he conquers Earth, and the current storyline), a lot of his plans are dependent on copious amounts of prep-time to allow him to consolidate enough power to ambush and overwhelm our heroes. Indeed, in his original timeline, Drakkon basically helped Rita build her power to heights unseen in the main timeline, and he jumped on the opportunity when Zordon tried to create the White Ranger powers to beat him. spoilers:
    He then betrayed Rita and killed her,
    end of spoilers thus gaining the resources of Rita and combining it with the powers that Zordon created.

    Even in the current storyline with his armies of Rangers and Zords, any hero teams that get a decent warning can stand a chance of resisting his forces until help comes, and the current MMPR, along with a few other friends from other teams, have been conducting hit-and-run attacks for various mission objectives that keep catching him off guard. Part of it is that Drakkon can steal Rangers' powers and imbue them onto his own soldiers, but those powers are divvied up amongst soldiers and thus are a fraction of their power. Plus, Drakkon has an arsenal purposely built to drain Rangers of their powers and their connection to the Morphin' Grid, but he's dependent on overwhelming numbers and the element of surprise to ensure he drains our heroes. But even then, the RPM Rangers and the forces of Corinth have been able to hold his forces at bay, and they're definitely not among the stronger Ranger teams, let alone Sentai teams.

    A couple things to consider:

    - Sentai is not without its own resources. Obviously Timeranger has time travel abilities, but in Super Hero Taisen, when the villains wanted to manipulate the Gorangers and Kamen Rider Ichigo in their prime, Gokai Red and Decade beat them to it. I say this because Drakkon has the ability to go after MMPR successors and even RPM (in their parallel world), but MMPR + Time Force have the means to counter him that way
    - Despite that, if we're not counting Sentaiverse as including Kamen Rider and Gavan, then their dimensional travel abilities are severely hampered -- travel to alternate universes -- while not impossible, tend to be more because of the villains than an actual capability of most Ranger teams, despite being far more common in the Kamen Rider verse. Plus, Kyuranger is in a universe parallel to the primary Sentaiverse (though tbh, that sounds more like just lip service; there've already been ample crossovers between them and other Rangers. On the contrary, the Power Ranger-verse seems to be able to do this more frequently and more easily (since they keep pulling powers out of a hat -- esp. MMPR seasons 1-3).
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-06-2018 at 01:06 PM.

  5. #5
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Considering the Sentaiverse is connected to the Kamen Riderverse nowadays, Drakkon is going to have his hands quite full.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 06-06-2018 at 01:10 PM.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Considering the Sentaiverse is connected to the Kamen Riderverse nowadays, Drakkon is going to have his hand quite full.
    And the Gavan-verse, too. If Gavan vs. Dekaranger tells us anything, there's pretty much an Avengers-style team of space-faring Sentai and Metal Hero warriors in operation out there.

    That's more for Drakkon to take over, but that's also wayyy more resistance than he could possibly handle, even in a war of attrition.

    (for anyone asking about the Space Sheriffs, the original Gavan himself is a team-level threat, handily beating the five Gokaiger solo. Sharivan held off the combined might of two Kamen Riders and Gokai Silver. Metal Heroes themselves tend to be physical and technological powerhouses.)
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-06-2018 at 01:13 PM.

  7. #7
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Considering the Sentaiverse is connected to the Kamen Riderverse nowadays, Drakkon is going to have his hands quite full.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  8. #8
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    And the Gavan-verse, too. If Gavan vs. Dekaranger tells us anything, there's pretty much an Avengers-style team of space-faring Sentai and Metal Hero warriors in operation out there.

    That's more for Drakkon to take over, but that's also wayyy more resistance than he could possibly handle, even in a war of attrition.

    (for anyone asking about the Space Sheriffs, the original Gavan himself is a team-level threat, handily beating the five Gokaiger solo. Sharivan held off the combined might of two Kamen Riders and Gokai Silver. Metal Heroes themselves tend to be physical and technological powerhouses.)
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  9. #9
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,201

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  10. #10
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,201

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  11. #11
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,201

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  12. #12
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,201

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  13. #13
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,201

    Default


    Pimp Ranger. Drakkon has no answer to that.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Ultra_Sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    They haven't yet. Kyuranger is essentially a space team of 12 Rangers:



    I agree they win, but in fairness, the MMPR could beat him in a straight up fair battle, too. It's just that Drakkon's schtick (both in the future where he conquers Earth, and the current storyline), a lot of his plans are dependent on copious amounts of prep-time to allow him to consolidate enough power to ambush and overwhelm our heroes. Indeed, in his original timeline, Drakkon basically helped Rita build her power to heights unseen in the main timeline, and he jumped on the opportunity when Zordon tried to create the White Ranger powers to beat him. spoilers:
    He then betrayed Rita and killed her,
    end of spoilers thus gaining the resources of Rita and combining it with the powers that Zordon created.

    Even in the current storyline with his armies of Rangers and Zords, any hero teams that get a decent warning can stand a chance of resisting his forces until help comes, and the current MMPR, along with a few other friends from other teams, have been conducting hit-and-run attacks for various mission objectives that keep catching him off guard. Part of it is that Drakkon can steal Rangers' powers and imbue them onto his own soldiers, but those powers are divvied up amongst soldiers and thus are a fraction of their power. Plus, Drakkon has an arsenal purposely built to drain Rangers of their powers and their connection to the Morphin' Grid, but he's dependent on overwhelming numbers and the element of surprise to ensure he drains our heroes. But even then, the RPM Rangers and the forces of Corinth have been able to hold his forces at bay, and they're definitely not among the stronger Ranger teams, let alone Sentai teams.

    A couple things to consider:

    - Sentai is not without its own resources. Obviously Timeranger has time travel abilities, but in Super Hero Taisen, when the villains wanted to manipulate the Gorangers and Kamen Rider Ichigo in their prime, Gokai Red and Decade beat them to it. I say this because Drakkon has the ability to go after MMPR successors and even RPM (in their parallel world), but MMPR + Time Force have the means to counter him that way
    - Despite that, if we're not counting Sentaiverse as including Kamen Rider and Gavan, then their dimensional travel abilities are severely hampered -- travel to alternate universes -- while not impossible, tend to be more because of the villains than an actual capability of most Ranger teams, despite being far more common in the Kamen Rider verse. Plus, Kyuranger is in a universe parallel to the primary Sentaiverse (though tbh, that sounds more like just lip service; there've already been ample crossovers between them and other Rangers. On the contrary, the Power Ranger-verse seems to be able to do this more frequently and more easily (since they keep pulling powers out of a hat -- esp. MMPR seasons 1-3).
    I think that the RPM Rangers and Dr. K spoilers:
    actually build a weapon that nullifies the effects of the anti-Ranger weapons that Drakkon built.
    end of spoilers

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    I think that the RPM Rangers and Dr. K spoilers:
    actually build a weapon that nullifies the effects of the anti-Ranger weapons that Drakkon built.
    end of spoilers
    Sure, but frankly, there are other geniuses in other teams out there, plus even anti-Ranger weapons don't cover everything if you're trying to fight off additional non-Ranger armies (i.e. the finale in Ninja Storm, where the students joined in the final battle).

    Drakkon's native timeline, the powerless rebels ("The Coinless") were basically a group of rag-tag resistance fighters who were able to keep up hit-and-run and sabotage missions, and they didn't have any powers whatsoever. Corinth is definitely better resourced/stronger/more organized than that and most of them obviously don't have Ranger powers to drain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •