Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

The hell is up with Thunderstrike’s hair? Why can’t the males with flowing golden locks be allowed to keep them as such without having their hair butchered? Moreso, why does Marvel seem to be at war with hair lately?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    1980s Transformers. It was a 4 issue that became 80.

Captain Planet
    Pirates of Dark Water

Both were suppose to be only 6 issues yet got extended 3.

In the gray area department-because it was never said they were mini until after the fact

Hudlin's Black Panther

Ms Marvel

90s Deathlok if you really want to count the mini that lead to the series.
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man got an additional five issues.

IIRC the Fear Itself Alpha Flight mini was bumped up an ongoing then back to a mini in the span of like a month.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Wife!

Now posters are ignoring the marriage too! Marriage is what we call it when we make a deal with wedding vows. This is what marriage was for the first 11 and a bit centuries of christianity. Thankfully it looks like Bunn won’t be ignoring it.

Did you notice that for most of her solo books Angela was wearing a wedding dress?
    I mean, I'm not completely sure if they even consider themselves as a married couple, but that's one way to interpret the way their relationship was portrayed at the end of Queen Of Hel.

And yes, the fact that Angela was wearing a wedding dress shapeshifted into an armor was pretty awesome, which makes me even more pissed that artists KEEP ignoring that design for the space bikini or variations of it. Gillen & Bennett created such an amazing story to explain Angela's new design... why is NO ONE honoring that?

Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    No Sera, no pull.
    Where is it mentioned Sera is from Heven?

But she has no super powers. What is she going to do? Talk the enemy to death?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Where is it mentioned Sera is from Heven?

But she has no super powers. What is she going to do? Talk the enemy to death?
    She is from Heven. She was born into the Anchorites, the caste who are assigned male at birth. As for her powers, she has magic. Very strong magic, at that. She is, in fact, a very talented magician. Oh, and she's also an experienced bounty hunter, a competent fighter with physical abilities beyond those of most mortal beings.

This is information that's actually pretty clearly presented in the comic, for anyone who read it.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, she could still be a supporting character.

I'm more bothered by Skurge's inclusion.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Spectacular Member

Ehh concept sounds like it would be awesome, but not really feeling the creative team for this one.
    Pull: Batman, Mister Miracle, Black Panther, Domino, Exiles, Immortal Hulk, Infinity Countdown, Moon Knight, Old Man Logan, Spectacular Spider-Man
    Trade/Will Catch Up Eventually: Deathstroke, JL, JL: Dark, JL: Odyssey, Terrifics, Unexpected, Sandman Universe (line), Young Animal (line), Avengers, Captain America, Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Venom, X-Men: Red, Two-in-One, Black Hammer-verse, Image/Black Mask/Aftershock

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Throg, Angela, Skurge the Executioner, The Destroyer, Valkyrie, and Thunderstrike.

I'm surprised Thunderstrike is there instead of Beta Ray Bill. Actually thought Kevin was gone for good. Also means his name isn't free for Jane to take when she gets repowered (she's called Thunderstrike in the Avengers cartoon).
    Throg is okay I guess, and I'm curious how his interactions with the others will play out. Very glad to see Angela, though her armor needs some work- shes looked better. I didn't expect to see Skurge, but I'm interested. He'll probably get along with Angela well. Destroyer is very interesting, though I'm curious who is controlling the armor. It could be Sera or Enchantress, Jane Foster, or maybe a non-Asgardian like Martyr. Valkyrie is finally back, and plucked from obscurity, the Thunderstrike legacy Kevin Masterson. This ought to be good. I'm assuming they will play some part in the War of the Realms, given how big that arc is, and how important it would be to all characters involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hopefully Bill, Balder, Sif, and the Warriors Three are busy in Thor.
    Fairly confident that will be the case. At least for Balder + Sif anyway. Beta Ray Bill is tied up somewhere, presumably in the Thor title or perhaps the Infinity Wars. Does anyone even really care about the Warriors Three??

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Only problem is...I could do without Skurge or the Destroyer Armor. Finding a way to have Sif, Dani (as a dark Valkyrie), and Bill on the team would be amazing.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...badass-as-hell
    I would have preferred Skurge be in the Thor title tbh. Also, why is he using a chain here rather than his axe or guns?? And Destroyer is badass, but I wanna know who's controlling the armor. Dani would've been great here too, though it's possible she's otherwise occupied in an X-Men title (I'm being optimistic)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time a mini actually sold well enough to warrant an ongoing?
    Oof good question. Not that often- even when some of them should be extended.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm super excited to see Bunn writing Valkyrie again.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Destroyer is very interesting, though I'm curious who is controlling the armor. It could be Sera or Enchantress, Jane Foster, or maybe a non-Asgardian like Martyr.
    I like all of those choices. With Sera, we could have a story about Angela looking for her, only to find out she was bound to the Destroyer all along. With Amora, we could have a story about her trying to lure Skurge again by using the armor to disguise as an ally. With Jane, you find a way to keep her active in an asgardian story without putting her physical body in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I'm super excited to see Bunn writing Valkyrie again.
    Same here.
    One of the main reasons i am looking forward this series.And just the originality of the other members of this team.
    Valkyrie co-writen by Bunn in the Fearless limited series was great.

Let's not get too excited for Sera. Bunn says he "has plans for it", that he has to "get to them". I wouldn't say it's a 100% chance she'll be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The hell is up with Thunderstrike’s hair? Why can’t the males with flowing golden locks be allowed to keep them as such without having their hair butchered? Moreso, why does Marvel seem to be at war with hair lately?
    Because mullets are out?🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Hmmm. I've never been particularly wowed by Bunn. He's not bad, certainly, he just doesn't particularly move me. I want to throw support behind more Angela, especially if Sera's going to show up (I really want to throw support behind her). But with Bunn writing? I don't know, I can't imagine the comic rising much above middling, and I'm not sure I want to spend money on that. Maybe I'll flip through the first issue at the shop, or see about getting a digital code, or something. Maybe.
    In my experience Bunn is pretty solid to great on either villains or quirky or eclectic team books, so I think with this being the latter that this has at least some potential.

I am kind of curious if this is going to tie-in to Duggans work or what Aaron is doing with Thor (or both?).
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    T
    Fairly confident that will be the case. At least for Balder + Sif anyway. Beta Ray Bill is tied up somewhere, presumably in the Thor title or perhaps the Infinity Wars. Does anyone even really care about the Warriors Three??
    It's talk like that that leads to the Three's fate in Ragnarok .
    I would have preferred Skurge be in the Thor title tbh. Also, why is he using a chain here rather than his axe or guns?? And Destroyer is badass, but I wanna know who's controlling the armor. Dani would've been great here too, though it's possible she's otherwise occupied in an X-Men title (I'm being optimistic)
    I dunno, it feels like it's been a long time since the Destroyer was actually as big of a threat as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Let's not get too excited for Sera. Bunn says he "has plans for it", that he has to "get to them". I wouldn't say it's a 100% chance she'll be on it.
    I was thinking the same. The way he talked about it suggested that she probably won't really be in the mini, and will only be there if it gets turned into an ongoing. However, he'll presumably at least be mentioning her over the course of the mini, which is frankly more than I think a lot of Marvel's writers would do.