Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1

    Default Exiles #4 Preview

    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...08/exiles4.htm

    (W) Saladin Ahmed
    (A) Javier Rodriguez
    (CA) Chris O'Halloran
    (C) David Marquez & Matt Wilson

    When the broken Tallus sends them hurtling through time, the Exiles find themselves on the open seas! But this is no pirate's paradise. If the Exiles don't recover the Tallus and return to their mission, Earth -- and the rest of reality -- is lost! But they'll need help. The legendary Blackbeard -- A.K.A. Ben Grimm, formerly the Thing -- just might be willing to lend a ship. But for a price.




  2. #2

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    10,639

    Default

    Someone's a LotR fan...
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

  4. #4

    Default

    Thing as a pirate? Sold!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  5. #5

    Default

    A Marvel comic directly addressing slavery??? With two black ppl in the cast recognizing it and fighting against it???? huh.

    Also, Thing looks really Kirby-esque and I'm loving it!

  6. #6
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Comics version of MCU Valkyrie hates slavers.
    I love the irony.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Comics version of MCU Valkyrie hates slavers.
    I love the irony.
    This version of Valkyrie has a different history and personality from the MCU version, they picked her up on Asgard

    But you know that still a fair point

  8. #8
    Incredible Member akiresu_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Honestly, the book is gaining traction for me. Give me a bit more weirdness, play around a bit with the cast members and I think there's a solid run here...

    If fickle audiences let it reach anything past 12 issues

  9. #9
    The Queen of Maggots Izanami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Paradise of The Rotten Flesh
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Honestly, the book is gaining traction for me. Give me a bit more weirdness, play around a bit with the cast members and I think there's a solid run here...

    If fickle audiences let it reach anything past 12 issues
    Same. This, Red, and New Mutants are the only things that are on my x-men pull list.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    10,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Thing as a pirate? Sold!
    Read the classic Fantastic Four #5!

  11. #11
    DRUNK! scouse mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Honestly, the book is gaining traction for me. Give me a bit more weirdness, play around a bit with the cast members and I think there's a solid run here...

    If fickle audiences let it reach anything past 12 issues
    I've got every thing crossed we get past 12 issues. Really enjoying this book and it's great to have AoA Blink back

  12. #12
    Mighty Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Ya know I've seen Xmen fight ghosts, Evil doppelgängers, Aliens, Robots, Cyborgs, Placid Doppelgängers, the New Mutants, and even World Hunger. But Never the participants of the slave trade in The Americas. A Welcomed feeling of "what I'm reading is sooooooo cool" that comics have rarely produced as I got older

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ya know I've seen Xmen fight ghosts, Evil doppelgängers, Aliens, Robots, Cyborgs, Placid Doppelgängers, the New Mutants, and even World Hunger. But Never the participants of the slave trade in The Americas. A Welcomed feeling of "what I'm reading is sooooooo cool" that comics have rarely produced as I got older
    So far, in the X-World, Saladin Ahmed has:

    -Made clear that Blink is explicitly black
    -Made clear that QS is explicitly Roma
    -Not let the mutant metaphor get in the way of actual diversity
    -Openly acknowledged the slave trade, colonization, and Nazism all in the span of three issues

    I know X-history will look @ Ahmed's Exiles and QS: No Surrender favorably.
    Last edited by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon; 06-12-2018 at 04:58 PM.

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ya know I've seen Xmen fight ghosts, Evil doppelgängers, Aliens, Robots, Cyborgs, Placid Doppelgängers, the New Mutants, and even World Hunger. But Never the participants of the slave trade in The Americas. A Welcomed feeling of "what I'm reading is sooooooo cool" that comics have rarely produced as I got older
    I hope Ahmed gets a main x book one day.. He would be great o New Mutants or Gen X reboot( with OG characters)

  15. #15
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So far, in the X-World, Saladin Ahmed has:

    -Made clear that Blink is explicitly black
    -Made clear that QS is explicitly Roma
    -Not let the mutant metaphor get in the way of actual diversity
    -Openly acknowledged the slave trade, colonization, and Nazism all in the span of three issues

    I know X-history will look @ Ahmed's Exiles and QS: No Surrender favorably.
    Bah, Blink is only Black on her mothers side, White Bermudans do exist, you know.

    And she NEVER had the facial features that she suddenly has now.

    And QuickSilver is only Roma on his mothers side as well.

    He has ALWAYS looked White like his father.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •