Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64
  1. #16
    Mighty Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Bah, Blink is only Black on her mothers side, White Bermudans do exist, you know.

    And she NEVER had the facial features that she suddenly has now.
    She has on some occasions.

    And Monet wasn't always a white woman until X-Factor, but nobody cares about how she started off black & turned white -or tan European in some cases. But tons try to justify that. But with Blink automatically being thought white by everyone, then being established as black just ruffles tons of people's feathers, and they try like Heck to discount her as such.

    With Monet & Blink, both have to be anything but black. As soon as you count or call either of them black, people instantly wanna jump in to argue otherwise.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-12-2018 at 07:32 PM.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Bah, Blink is only Black on her mothers side, White Bermudans do exist, you know.

    And she NEVER had the facial features that she suddenly has now.

    And QuickSilver is only Roma on his mothers side as well.

    He has ALWAYS looked White like his father.
    Pointing out the unnecessity and ignorance of your comment aside, you do know that ppl who are 1/2 black, 1/4 black, 7/8 black etc etc still consider themselves black. So what exactly was your point in that? Plus, where did you get this "she's only black on her mother's side" mess from? Considering the fact that both her parents immigrated from the Bahamas, it's most likely that both of them were Native to the land. And you must be trying to intentionally antagonize me or something because you clearly didn't get when I said "he EXPLICITLY made her look black". As in, she have went as any race because no artist cared to give her Afrocentric features.

    And Pietro calls himself "Romani" so whatever you're trying to allude to isn't really relevant to the points I was trying to make. And he isn't white.
    Last edited by ţh жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon; 06-12-2018 at 07:32 PM.

  3. #18
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Pointing out the unnecessity and ignorance of your comment aside, you do know that ppl who are 1/2 black, 1/4 black, 7/8 black etc etc still consider themselves black. So what exactly was your point in that? Plus, where did you get this "she's only black on her mother's side" mess from? Considering the fact that both her parents immigrated from the Bahamas, it's most likely that both of them were Native to the land. And you must be trying to intentionally antagonize me or something because you clearly didn't get when I said "he EXPLICITLY made her look black". As in, she have went as any race because no artist cared to give her Afrocentric features.

    And Pietro calls himself "Romani" so whatever you're trying to allude to isn't really relevant to the points I was trying to make. And he isn't white.
    Re: Blink’s ancestry , did you even bother to read the Apocalypse vs Dracula Limited series? Her lineage as a Ferguson , assuming that it followed the standard Western custom of succession through the Paternal line , was originating in England. Of course , it could have been an Amazon-style maternal line of nothing but mothers and daughters instead , but that’s already “reaching”...

    I have no problem at all with Blink being Black , but I do hate the retcon with the dramatic change in her appearance for no sensible reason at all. She is not a shapeshifter, unless she developed a secondary mutation. To use an analogy , it is like The Walking Dead tv show opened a new season with the actresses playing Michonne and Sasha switched for no reason. And there is a spectrum of your so-called “Afrocentric features”. There ARE Black females who NATURALLY look like Blink used to look. A change in hairstyle I could understand , but what is the explanation for the obvious rhinoplasty?

    And Pietro is not White? He looks EXCACTLY like his father Magneto did at his age (see 1994’s Legion Quest) and nobody says that Magneto is not White. Indeed , you are literally the first person either online or offline I have ever encountered that actually says Pietro is Not White. So, are both of the actors who played him in the Fox and Marvel films, Not White either?! Roma originated from North India (already the lightest-Colored of Indians), but now a lot of them in Europe have interbred to the point that they are physically indistinguishable from Non-Roma Europeans
    Last edited by JDC001; 06-13-2018 at 01:43 AM.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Bah, Blink is only Black on her mothers side, White Bermudans do exist, you know.
    Yes we know. Many were Irish indentured servants who banged it out with the African Slaves pretty much on the reg.
    https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/a...bbean-run-deep
    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    And she NEVER had the facial features that she suddenly has now.
    Welllllll
    Neither did Sunspot yet many in the XCommunity support this Visual Fallacy....
    Attachment 67033
    All in all I thought your post was a spot on homage to the 'South Park Rednecks.'
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #20
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yes we know. Many were Irish indentured servants who banged it out with the African Slaves pretty much on the reg.
    https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/a...bbean-run-deep

    Welllllll
    Neither did Sunspot yet many in the XCommunity support this Visual Fallacy....
    Attachment 67033
    All in all I thought your post was a spot on homage to the 'South Park Rednecks.'
    I have no problem at all with Blink being Irish either, and upon reflection, nor do I object at all to her being Black even on both sides, so long as they DON’T forget her canon ancestry from the UK, from where she inherited her specific mutation.

    And could you repost the picture(s) of Sunspot , the thread vanished down the proverbial Memory Hole for whatever reason tsk tsk tsk

    BTW FYI I can’t be a RedNeck because I’m neither White, from the Southern U.S.A., or into American Republicanism tsk tsk tsk

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,350

    Default

    #4 was definitely the best issue so far. We finally got to have a single, well-paced and interesting story where pretty much every part worked, most of the cast got some development and there was a good lead-in to the finale (anyone call the Time Eater's identity?).

    Also, Wolvie apparently has minor fourth-wall awareness.

    Also, also, anyone else a little annoyed that Blink keeps referring to the group as "time-travelers?"

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    I thought this was a ok issue. I'm awaiting what the last page means to Iron Lad.

  8. #23
    Incredible Member Skedatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Truly Wolvie is the breakout guy here.


    That brackets comment. lol

  9. #24
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,951

    Default

    So another world, another female Bucky. Wonder if this is gonna be a running gag or something.

  10. #25
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    We're giving Saladin Ahmed credit for Pietro being half Romani now? Oof.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We're giving Saladin Ahmed credit for Pietro being half Romani now? Oof.
    Oh. Please tell me where I said he did that. I'm saying he's one of the only writers that acknowledges that.

  12. #27
    DRUNK! scouse mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Really enjoyed this. A great once and done story, that also progressed the main plot nicely. I'm really loving Rodriguez's art, the two page splash featuring the teams fight with the Juggernautical was fantastic!

  13. #28
    Incredible Member Skedatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    573

    Default

    In the back of my head I kept hoping this was the 1602 Marvel.

    Loved the Juggernautical.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Re: Blink’s ancestry , did you even bother to read the Apocalypse vs Dracula Limited series? Her lineage as a Ferguson , assuming that it followed the standard Western custom of succession through the Paternal line , was originating in England. Of course , it could have been an Amazon-style maternal line of nothing but mothers and daughters instead , but that’s already “reaching”...

    I have no problem at all with Blink being Black , but I do hate the retcon with the dramatic change in her appearance for no sensible reason at all. She is not a shapeshifter, unless she developed a secondary mutation. To use an analogy , it is like The Walking Dead tv show opened a new season with the actresses playing Michonne and Sasha switched for no reason. And there is a spectrum of your so-called “Afrocentric features”. There ARE Black females who NATURALLY look like Blink used to look. A change in hairstyle I could understand , but what is the explanation for the obvious rhinoplasty?

    And Pietro is not White? He looks EXCACTLY like his father Magneto did at his age (see 1994’s Legion Quest) and nobody says that Magneto is not White. Indeed , you are literally the first person either online or offline I have ever encountered that actually says Pietro is Not White. So, are both of the actors who played him in the Fox and Marvel films, Not White either?! Roma originated from North India (already the lightest-Colored of Indians), but now a lot of them in Europe have interbred to the point that they are physically indistinguishable from Non-Roma Europeans
    huh? Did you bother to tell me that the mini isn't even about AoA!Blink before I wasted my time reading 4 issues of nothing???? So, as I just said, her parents were immigrants from the Bahamas.

    And I personally don't care whether or not you have a problem with Blink being black. She was portrayed with obvious Eurocentric features (straight hair, thin nose) because the artists damn well didn't have it in mind that Clarice was a black woman. You can keep yelling into the void about how Blink looks, but I'm frankly sick of it.

    And Pietro isn't white. Do you know what being Roma means?? That it is a racial as well as ethnical identity? I know you're still in massive denial over Magneto, but c'mon, you've got to get over it. And since it looks like you need a 10th-grade lesson in race, I'll be happy to provide it. I have a friend, who I won't name. He has an Asian mother and a white father. He doesn't call himself "white" and has never identified as that. He says he is Asian. I have another friend in the same situation except they have a black father and white mother. They still consider themselves black. So, if Pietro is half-Roma (he's actually full Roma unless another retcon happens), that by definition doesn't make him white. And being "white-passing" =/= being white. Didn't think that needed to be stated but apparently, it does. And just because you don't see people complaining about the whitewashing of the characters in the MCU or the complaints to darken their skin tones doesn't mean it does not happen.

  15. #30
    Fantastic Member blanchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    498

    Default

    I actually always thought she was black.....was I the only one? Once the Bahamas were mentioned I just assumed she was black.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •