Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64
  1. #31
    Mighty Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I actually always thought she was black.....was I the only one? Once the Bahamas were mentioned I just assumed she was black.
    You weren't. A few others here said they figured she was black.

    I thought she did look black in some scenes in Exiles, like here.

    But I never thought about it because I didn't figure anyone would ever go into exploring her roots & family.

    But I like that SA has. I hope we will get to see more of her family again. But it probably won't be for a while since things are too urgent to have a breather for that.

  2. #32
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    huh? Did you bother to tell me that the mini isn't even about AoA!Blink before I wasted my time reading 4 issues of nothing???? So, as I just said, her parents were immigrants from the Bahamas.

    And I personally don't care whether or not you have a problem with Blink being black. She was portrayed with obvious Eurocentric features (straight hair, thin nose) because the artists damn well didn't have it in mind that Clarice was a black woman. You can keep yelling into the void about how Blink looks, but I'm frankly sick of it.

    And Pietro isn't white. Do you know what being Roma means?? That it is a racial as well as ethnical identity? I know you're still in massive denial over Magneto, but c'mon, you've got to get over it. And since it looks like you need a 10th-grade lesson in race, I'll be happy to provide it. I have a friend, who I won't name. He has an Asian mother and a white father. He doesn't call himself "white" and has never identified as that. He says he is Asian. I have another friend in the same situation except they have a black father and white mother. They still consider themselves black. So, if Pietro is half-Roma (he's actually full Roma unless another retcon happens), that by definition doesn't make him white. And being "white-passing" =/= being white. Didn't think that needed to be stated but apparently, it does. And just because you don't see people complaining about the whitewashing of the characters in the MCU or the complaints to darken their skin tones doesn't mean it does not happen.
    They didnt have in mind that Blink was Black because they only made her Black beginning in the 2005 AOA Appendix to the OHBOTMU, which is mostly editorial fanfic that usually gets ignored and contradicted. Before the latest Exiles 1, I do not recall it ever being mentioned anywhere on page that she came from the Bahamas, and again, not everyone there is Black and there is a sizeable historic minority of White people. Again, how do you explain why Blink’s nose changed eh?

    And you are actually defending/supporting that nonsense retcon that nobody liked and not even Marvel itself is bothering to commit to, considering that James Robinson actually contradicted and retconned what Rick Remender did, and both of them left things extremely ambiguous so that it is the easiest thing in the world to undo later. Did you do the same for that nonsense of Wolverine being a “Lupus Sapiens” a decade ago?! Did you do the same for the nonsense that Captain America was secretly a Hydra deepcover agent all along a year ago? I am the one in denial? Haha, you are the one who is choosing to believe in something that has no integrity whatsoever tsk tsk tsk

    And Pietro has always looked White, and so has Wanda and Magda, and have never stated that they considered themselves otherwise. Pietro has ALWAYS been Pale. Wanda has often been TANNED , but NEVER to the point of being Dark. There ARE White Roma. You can clearly see in the preview that any problems he has is with Non-Roma in general , not White people in particular. Nobody is complaining about “WhiteWashing” them because they were ALWAYS White in virtually every incarnation (except that Kitty Pryde manga, where QS looked ambiguously brown like 21st Century Ken (of the Barbie franchise) and apparently not related to Magneto).

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    They didnt have in mind that Blink was Black because they only made her Black beginning in the 2005 AOA Appendix to the OHBOTMU, which is mostly editorial fanfic that usually gets ignored and contradicted. Before the latest Exiles 1, I do not recall it ever being mentioned anywhere on page that she came from the Bahamas, and again, not everyone there is Black and there is a sizeable historic minority of White people. Again, how do you explain why Blink’s nose changed eh?

    And you are actually defending/supporting that nonsense retcon that nobody liked and not even Marvel itself is bothering to commit to, considering that James Robinson actually contradicted and retconned what Rick Remender did, and both of them left things extremely ambiguous so that it is the easiest thing in the world to undo later. Did you do the same for that nonsense of Wolverine being a “Lupus Sapiens” a decade ago?! Did you do the same for the nonsense that Captain America was secretly a Hydra deepcover agent all along a year ago? I am the one in denial? Haha, you are the one who is choosing to believe in something that has no integrity whatsoever tsk tsk tsk

    And Pietro has always looked White, and so has Wanda and Magda, and have never stated that they considered themselves otherwise. Pietro has ALWAYS been Pale. Wanda has often been TANNED , but NEVER to the point of being Dark. There ARE White Roma. You can clearly see in the preview that any problems he has is with Non-Roma in general , not White people in particular. Nobody is complaining about “WhiteWashing” them because they were ALWAYS White in virtually every incarnation (except that Kitty Pryde manga, where QS looked ambiguously brown like 21st Century Ken (of the Barbie franchise) and apparently not related to Magneto).
    *yawn*

    You done yet?

  4. #34
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    *yawn*

    You done yet?
    Nothing to say eh? That’s where you can see the difference between an expert veteran fan and a rookie casual fan tsk tsk tsk

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Nothing to say eh? That’s where you can see the difference between an expert veteran fan and a rookie casual fan tsk tsk tsk
    Whenever I see comments like "white Roma" i have to LAUGH.

    and you keep,asking me to explain changes to Blink after i repeatedly tell you that she never had them for the majority of her appearances because no artist cared to draw her as black. but you keep expecting me to pull an answer out my ass or something and im not with it.

    and, for the last time, IDC if Pietro looked like the whitest whitey white white guy on the Earth, that alone doesn't make him white. it's called white-passing, a concept you clearly aren't getting. and to your point of "no one complaining about the whitewashing":

    https://www.theatlantic.com/national...blonde/310338/
    https://femmagazine.com/marvels-white-problem/

  6. #36
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Whenever I see comments like "white Roma" i have to LAUGH.

    and you keep,asking me to explain changes to Blink after i repeatedly tell you that she never had them for the majority of her appearances because no artist cared to draw her as black. but you keep expecting me to pull an answer out my ass or something and im not with it.

    and, for the last time, IDC if Pietro looked like the whitest whitey white white guy on the Earth, that alone doesn't make him white. it's called white-passing, a concept you clearly aren't getting. and to your point of "no one complaining about the whitewashing":

    https://www.theatlantic.com/national...blonde/310338/
    https://femmagazine.com/marvels-white-problem/
    Ah, so you can’t defend the indefensible hehehe

    So I guess Superboy-Prime’s punching the Source Wall of DC reached all the way to Marvel-Prime eh? Tsk tsk tsk

    Wow, and here I thought that contemporary Western Political Correctness is always saying that the concept of “Race” is only skin-deep but here you’re saying that it’s still much more than that tsk tsk tsk no wonder why the American Melting Pot never became a reality as Martin Luther King dreamed because of the radical insistence on identity politics tsk tsk tsk

  7. #37
    Mighty Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I actually always thought she was black.....was I the only one? Once the Bahamas were mentioned I just assumed she was black.
    Nah, I knew that in the late 90s
    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    They didnt have in mind that Blink was Black because they only made her Black beginning in the 2005 AOA Appendix to the OHBOTMU, which is mostly editorial fanfic that usually gets ignored and contradicted. Before the latest Exiles 1, I do not recall it ever being mentioned anywhere on page that she came from the Bahamas, and again, not everyone there is Black and there is a sizeable historic minority of White people. Again, how do you explain why Blink’s nose changed eh?

    And you are actually defending/supporting that nonsense retcon that nobody liked and not even Marvel itself is bothering to commit to,
    Ldamn keep hope alive but you're being silly

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post

    BTW FYI I can’t be a RedNeck because I’m neither White, from the Southern U.S.A., or into American Republicanism tsk tsk tsk
    Dude it's 2018 Ignorance transcends all racial, national, geographical, political boundaries
    lol

  8. #38
    Mighty Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    20180614_200229.jpg
    This image is awesome

  9. #39
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah, I knew that in the late ‘90’s
    Wow, how? She didn’t appear anywhere after 1995’s AoA until 2001’s Blink LS, where they didn’t mention the Bahamas, as far as Irecall, and she was still Pale Lavender, instead of Dark Violet tsk tsk tsk

  10. #40
    Mighty Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Wow, how? She didn’t appear anywhere after 1995’s AoA until 2001’s Blink LS, where they didn’t mention the Bahamas, as far as Irecall, and she was still Pale Lavender, instead of Dark Violet tsk tsk tsk
    Cause I knew...
    20180614_204842.jpg
    This is from 2001 last time I checked 2001 Was BEFORE 2005's Bloodlines mini
    Sooooooooooooo
    Tsk muthaf^ckin Tsk
    Don't come for my GenX knowledge
    You gonna look foolish

  11. #41
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Cause I knew...
    20180614_204842.jpg
    This is from 2001 last time I checked 2001 Was BEFORE 2005's Bloodlines mini
    Sooooooooooooo
    Tsk muthaf^ckin Tsk
    Don't come for my GenX knowledge
    You gonna look foolish
    Why does your new avatar scream "Nikki Minaj" to me?

    Anyways, there was an interview that Lobdell did for a magazine (included in the Eagle Moss figurines one can collect) where he reveals that he based Blink/Clarice off of a taxi driver in the Bahamas, named Colin Ferguson.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 06-14-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I actually always thought she was black.....was I the only one? Once the Bahamas were mentioned I just assumed she was black.
    It was a weird case for me. I thought she was black, but only in the sense that as a child I "black-coded" any character that didn't hold the "societal expectation of normal."

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    Ah, so you can’t defend the indefensible hehehe

    So I guess Superboy-Prime’s punching the Source Wall of DC reached all the way to Marvel-Prime eh? Tsk tsk tsk

    Wow, and here I thought that contemporary Western Political Correctness is always saying that the concept of “Race” is only skin-deep but here you’re saying that it’s still much more than that tsk tsk tsk no wonder why the American Melting Pot never became a reality as Martin Luther King dreamed because of the radical insistence on identity politics tsk tsk tsk


    And MLK retracted his "I Have A Dream" because of how unrealistic and naive it was. Equality isn't being blocked because of "identity politics", it's being blocked by the engrained roots of white supremacy that have been embedded in almost every country. And it's weird that all this is coming from the fact that you didn't know that "white-passing" was a real thing. So you can go somewhere else with those "tsk tsk tsk"s, my guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    20180614_200229.jpg
    This image is awesome
    Surprise alternate-universe versions of Sam & Misty are always welcome. And the fact that they were helping free slaves really sold this issue. I'd say it was the best one, so far.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Why does your new avatar scream "Nikki Minaj" to me?

    Anyways, there was an interview that Lobdell did for a magazine (included in the Eagle Moss figurines one can collect) where he reveals that he based Blink/Clarice off of a taxi driver in the Bahamas, named Colin Ferguson.
    That's who you see when see any provocatively dressed black chick with hair that's not jet black ?

  14. #44
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That's who you see when see any provocatively dressed black chick with hair that's not jet black ?
    I mean, sure. I like Nikki and I like a lot of her music, so she'd naturally be one of the first people to pop into my mind as a "lookalike".
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  15. #45
    Mighty Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I mean, sure. I like Nikki and I like a lot of her music, so she'd naturally be one of the first people to pop into my mind as a "lookalike".
    It doesn't scream 'Nicki Minaji' as much to me anymore but it was a fleeting thought. But I saw this and imagined a revamped Emma as a black chick who's a media mogul getting her start as a underage stripper to ratchet video vixen to celebrity drug lord hiving her title as 'White Queen' a totally new meaning. When she begins her fray into superherorics she kept her clothing style to get the drop on unsuspecting dudes
    Or something like that
    Last edited by BroHomo; 06-14-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •