Default Happy 34th Birthday Goonies!

Goonies was released today! Happy birthday goonies! Anyone grew up with this movie or play the video games?

Hmmm, i thought it was more.

Anyway, cant' help but smile at those videos.
    "Help us George Lucas, you're our only hope"

Happy Birthday to The Goonies! Loved this film so much. It's a huge nostalgia cornerstone of my youth, along with the likes of Ghostbusters and Gremlins!
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Doctor Star & The Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers, Kill or Be Killed, Gideon Falls, Babyteeth

I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose, drinking fresh mango juice. Goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes. Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Maybe the best kid/young adult movie I've ever seen. A magical fun action adventure film.

Exciting right from start, I loved the opening jailbreak scene. The Fratellis were such great villains, so well cast.

One of things I always mention about this era was the glorious mix of subversive/adult/trashy and/or scary/violent elements into movies of all types. And Goonies is a good example with adult dirty words and references and scary stuff into very much a kid/teen movie that's rated PG (of course this was before PG and so PG meant something broader back in the day, Jaws was PG).

Chunk: It was the most amazing thing I ever saw!
    Mikey: More amazing than the time Michael Jackson came over to your house to use the bathroom?
    Brand: More amazing than the time you saved those old people from that nursing home fire, right?
    Mouth: Yeah, and I bet it was even more amazing than the time you ate your weight in Godfather's pizza.
    Chunk: Okay, Brand, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house. To use the bathroom. But his sister did!
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-08-2018 at 05:58 AM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.