Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 108
  1. #61
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Oh no.... They broke of Natasha and Traci 13.... That's... why? Such a random break up.
    F**k this. Hopefully Tynion, whose using Traci, will just completely ignore this.

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    3,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Oh no.... They broke of Natasha and Traci 13.... That's... why? Such a random break up.

    The special was odd in how it kept saying that being friends on a team is bad when all of the majors teams are friends with each other. Either way, I'll keep track of this since I like the characters
    Meh, i'm always been a Jaime/Traci 13 shipper .

  3. #63
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Meh, i'm always been a Jaime/Traci 13 shipper .
    I am going, to be honest, I am too

  4. #64
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Meh, i'm always been a Jaime/Traci 13 shipper .
    Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I am going, to be honest, I am too
    (Thumbs Up) .

    Although I liked the relationship with Natasha as well.

  5. #65
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,769

    Default

    This is frustrating. There's actual makings for something that could be interesting here, but of course its gets undercut under all the does Batman approve, and the hi im Miss Martian. I have absolutely no qualifications or accomplishments, but im your Batman appointed chaperone. Cause that make sense. And don't even get me going about Donna and Dick, dude walked her down the aisle and now she doesn't even consider him a friend. Though of course thats their relationship under Abnett.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-13-2018 at 03:02 PM.

  6. #66
    Spectacular Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    192

    Default

    I know post-Flashpoint has been pushing that as her real name but it's still so weird hearing people just casually refer to Raven as "Rachel"

  7. #67
    Spectacular Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Meh, i'm always been a Jaime/Traci 13 shipper .
    Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I am going, to be honest, I am too
    Okay so it's not just me lol

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    That Dick and Donna scene was infuriating. I've lost so much respect for Abnett as a writer over the course of his Titans run. It makes no sense to bring all this shit from the pre-New 52 back and then continue to have Dick and Donna act like that. I really don't have the energy to bitch that much anymore.This series is just draining. I just don't get why Dick would neen a babysitter when he has probably more experience than half the JL, has been Batman and is going to be Batman again soon, and Batman was even begging Dick to join the JL in the New 52. I don't understand why Abnett has it in his mind that this is how the JL and Batman look at Dick and the Titans, especially when there is an even younger Titans team out there.

    At least this is only for a year or so and then this garbage will end and something new will probably get launched after Doomsday Clock. I can't see Abnett sticking around for that.
    Last edited by Badou; 06-13-2018 at 06:17 PM.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    3,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Thumbs Up) .

    Although I liked the relationship with Natasha as well.
    I send you a virtual hight five my friend

  10. #70
    Inquisitive Dzetoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    That Dick and Donna scene was infuriating. I've lost so much respect for Abnett as a writer over the course of his Titans run. It makes no sense to bring all this shit from the pre-New 52 back and then continue to have Dick and Donna act like that. I really don't have the energy to bitch that much anymore.This series is just draining. I just don't get why Dick would neen a babysitter when he has probably more experience than half the JL, has been Batman and is going to be Batman again soon, and Batman was even begging Dick to join the JL in the New 52. I don't understand why Abnett has it in his mind that this is how the JL and Batman look at Dick and the Titans, especially when there is an even younger Titans team out there.

    At this this is only for a year or so and then this garbage will end and something new will probably get launched after Doomsday Clock. I can't see Abnett sticking around for that.
    I think that sums it up pretty nicely. There are two clues that point toward this being a stopgap. First, Abnett expected to be rotated off the book and was surprised when he wasn’t. Second, this premise is linked to the Source Wall breach, which will only last until whatever crisis-like thing they have in mind fixes the situation. It seems DC has decided to just tread water with the Titans until they do whatever they have planned with the larger DCU, then go from there.

    It is possible they are taking the opportunity to move the Titans closer to the upcoming TV show. If so, this may be a preview of the kind of team dynamics we can expect in that program, as well as the general tone of the relationship between the Titans and more “senior” heroes.

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    F**k this. Hopefully Tynion, whose using Traci, will just completely ignore this.
    This is all under the same editorial team so it's here to stay.

  12. #72
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    This was perfectly fine, but I think Abnett's writing style is just not for me. This roster is a much more interesting one than the Fab 5 plus Lilith and Bumblebee version they were using before.

    I appreciate how they are being vague enough about Dick's prior relationships with Raven and Gar that you can read them as former teammates if you so choose (or ignore it if you'd like), but there simply isn't enough here for me to keep reading.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I think that sums it up pretty nicely. There are two clues that point toward this being a stopgap. First, Abnett expected to be rotated off the book and was surprised when he wasn’t. Second, this premise is linked to the Source Wall breach, which will only last until whatever crisis-like thing they have in mind fixes the situation. It seems DC has decided to just tread water with the Titans until they do whatever they have planned with the larger DCU, then go from there.

    It is possible they are taking the opportunity to move the Titans closer to the upcoming TV show. If so, this may be a preview of the kind of team dynamics we can expect in that program, as well as the general tone of the relationship between the Titans and more “senior” heroes.
    That makes no sense; why just ‘tread water’ with the titans, if they’re just going to reboot or whatever they;re going to do anyway? Why not just put them in limbo, and figure out a new approach? Makes me wonder if I should bother with teen titans, now.

  14. #74
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    The JL is really unlikable in the Titans books. Like Batman literally made Superman his best man for his wedding, but nope! Gotta watch the friendships of the Titans.

    I am going to miss Lilith though. But I'm definitely excited to see BB, Raven, Steel, and Miss Martian.

    (Also I hope with Natasha and Traci being broken up, that Jaime and Traci can get back together. :X)

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,617

    Default

    The Ben Oliver pages were beautiful to look at and at least the team has some sense of mission and... Nope, that's all I've got. I haven't read anything by Abnett that I've loved. I thought his Titans to this point was totally forgettable and I only think his Aquaman has been 'good enough.' (Except when Sejic was drawing it which made it irresistible) I don't get the fuss about that title or about him as a writer generally. It feels to me like he could do with living a little more life and coming back when he has something to say.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •