Amazing Member

Default Joe Golem: The Drowning City

New mini-series with "new" artist: Peter Bergting. Here is full reveal.

It's surprising, that Mike and Chris have already made a huge leap to the events of the original novel. I thought that they would spent more time with prequel ten-years-period.
    Maybe the sales are lower than expected, so they decided to wrap this series earlier?

The Claw of Justice! LobsterJohnson's Avatar

Huh. That is a surprise, I thought it would be a while longer until we reach the novel. I'm excited to see Peter Bergting's art.

The covers are the best yet!
    "...puppets are scary, and puppets do things when people are sleeping, and they run around and get their own ideas about things." - Mike Mignola

How long after the last comic series (Flesh and Blood) does the novel take place?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    How long after the last comic series (Flesh and Blood) does the novel take place?
    Flesh and Blood is June 1968, while The Drowning City is 1975.

Is this new mini series going to be 5 issues?

It's strange that they are adapting the novel, they adapted certain scenes in flash backs for Baltimore but never the whole tale.

But the Baltimore book didn’t center on Baltimore himself, so it made sense to adapt the novel bits from his perspective. Joe Golem comic and book are from Joe’s POV, so for the comic to work as an individual whole you have to do a much more straight adaptation

I am happy about this. I loved the novel, and always thought it would make a great comic series. There are those who only read the comic and the novel is the pay off to everything that is happening in them. I know they can always read the novel, but adapting this seems inevitable. It also allows post novel stories with an aware Joe, so cool.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!