Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 339
  1. #241
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    You act like a Logan centric universe was unique to Fox...
    Wasn't it?

  2. #242
    Mighty Member Franchise408's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Wasn't it?
    Have you ever exposed yourself to X-Men in literally any medium?

    It is hardly a creation of the movies. The movies were simply following the habits of the comics

  3. #243
    Astonishing Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Have you ever exposed yourself to X-Men in literally any medium?

    It is hardly a creation of the movies. The movies were simply following the habits of the comics
    What? There was a period in the 00's thanks to the movies where Wolverine was in everything but outside of that Wolverine's only edge in the X-Books was he had his own monthly series but so did Deadpool, Cable, and X-Man for many years. He was never team leader again till the films or had more exposure in the larger Marvel Universe than the other X-Men.

  4. #244
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. LegendOfTheAngryBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    99

    Default

    If you want to retcon the Maximoff's as mutants in the MCU, all you would need to do is change the twins already being born with a latent X-gene that was triggered by the experiments which lead to them having powers opposed to the experiments outright giving it to them. Any thing else can be written off as them misunderstanding Wanda's power and how it works due to Hydra's half assed notes. Would it be that much of a stretch to believe a bunch of scientists playing with a cosmic power wouldn't fully understand what they did, how it happened and why?

    You can even tie it in to the inevitable opening monologue/scene explaining how mutants work and kill a couple of birds with one stone.

  5. #245
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I thought it was a plot point that her powers could shatter the stone, not that they were connected.
    It was stated that the stone could be destroyed with its own power.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  6. #246

    Default

    It would be interesting for the MCU to focus more on Wolvie's history with Alpha Flight than put him with the X-men right away.

    It would be cool if Hugh Jackman does come back but in a different role like Mysterio.

  7. #247
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    11,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be interesting for the MCU to focus more on Wolvie's history with Alpha Flight than put him with the X-men right away.

    It would be cool if Hugh Jackman does come back but in a different role like Mysterio.
    I can honestly see them not even introducing Wolverine in the first X-Men film. Or a teaser at the end maybe. Not trying to open up a whole new discussion about it again but he's not essential to a good X-Men movie (speaking as someone who's enjoyed the majority of Fox X-Men movies) and I trust Feige and co. to do a good job introducing the X-MEN and not just WOLVERINE into their universe.

  8. #248
    My FABulous4 Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by la-femme-amelie View Post
    yeah i totally agree with it--the reason Pietro and Wanda survived was because they already had powers and Tesseract unlocked the powers. also, can easily retcon them being adopted by a Sokovian couple at a young age. Magneto would come looking for Wanda and Pietro (with Pietro being dead, of course).
    Cool, and thanX! Tho I'd want Quicksilver revived somehow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There's not even a need much of a retcon.
    Sokovia is in Eastern Europe, you only have to go back to 1995 to have a real world genocide in that part of the world.

    Just dump the entire WWII story with it's requirements for characters to be way older than they should be.
    Nah, either go the Cap'n A time capsule or Logan longevity route.

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Infinity War kinda ruined that. Since it’s a plot point that Wanda’s powers and the mind stone are connected.
    Haven't seen it yet, so can't say for sure, but don't see how that changes a thing. No offense, but considering your predilections, I can see why you'd want it to tho.

    I mean, they already were. Connected, that is. If anything, based off your statement, it only enhances my theory.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-08-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    My TOP X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    Sunfire & Rictor♂♀MonetDani MOONSTARJean GreyIceman
    ArchangelNightcrawlerGambit

    THE GiFTED💚NewMUTANTS💙X-Men:D.P
    ASTONISHing2♦BLUE&RED
    😍

  9. #249
    My FABulous4 Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    If you want to retcon the Maximoff's as mutants in the MCU, all you would need to do is change the twins already being born with a latent X-gene that was triggered by the experiments which lead to them having powers opposed to the experiments outright giving it to them. Any thing else can be written off as them misunderstanding Wanda's power and how it works due to Hydra's half assed notes. Would it be that much of a stretch to believe a bunch of scientists playing with a cosmic power wouldn't fully understand what they did, how it happened and why?

    You can even tie it in to the inevitable opening monologue/scene explaining how mutants work and kill a couple of birds with one stone.
    Agreed, latent Mutant powers being activated by an outside, usually tech source, is comics canon. Hence why I brought up Polaris, in particular, due to her association with the twins & Mags. And this, has never been eXplicitly specified, that I know of.

    Edit: So no need to change anything, just clarify.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-08-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    My TOP X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    Sunfire & Rictor♂♀MonetDani MOONSTARJean GreyIceman
    ArchangelNightcrawlerGambit

    THE GiFTED💚NewMUTANTS💙X-Men:D.P
    ASTONISHing2♦BLUE&RED
    😍

  10. #250
    My FABulous4 Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    ... It would be cool if Hugh Jackman does come back but in a different role like Mysterio.
    Actually, I was thinkin', the MCU's... MAGNETO! Wouldn't THAT be a trip?!

    Edit: Or they could just keep Fassie, I'd be cool with that. LOVE him, too!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-08-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    My TOP X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    Sunfire & Rictor♂♀MonetDani MOONSTARJean GreyIceman
    ArchangelNightcrawlerGambit

    THE GiFTED💚NewMUTANTS💙X-Men:D.P
    ASTONISHing2♦BLUE&RED
    😍

  11. #251
    My FABulous4 Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    And keep Mutants as born that way. No need to make a big, convoluted deal out of it. They've always been around, but are just now making themselves known to the masses, in modern times. The general audience won't care, so keep it simple, and true to the original X-mythos.
    My TOP X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    Sunfire & Rictor♂♀MonetDani MOONSTARJean GreyIceman
    ArchangelNightcrawlerGambit

    THE GiFTED💚NewMUTANTS💙X-Men:D.P
    ASTONISHing2♦BLUE&RED
    😍

  12. #252
    My FABulous4 Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    ... these constructed universes run on a lot of handwaving... comics...
    Right? No need to overthink it, and make it unnecessarily complicated.
    My TOP X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    Sunfire & Rictor♂♀MonetDani MOONSTARJean GreyIceman
    ArchangelNightcrawlerGambit

    THE GiFTED💚NewMUTANTS💙X-Men:D.P
    ASTONISHing2♦BLUE&RED
    😍

  13. #253
    Astonishing Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And keep Mutants as born that way. No need to make a big, convoluted deal out of it. They've always been around, but are just now making themselves known to the masses, in modern times. The general audience won't care, so keep it simple, and true to the original X-mythos.
    Even in the comics other heroes came first as mutants hid in fear not knowing there were more and only went public after more and more starting being born.

  14. #254
    My FABulous4 Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Even in the comics other heroes came first as mutants hid in fear not knowing there were more and only went public after more and more starting being born.
    You got it, my friend. Don't see why it's so hard for others to understand, as it's a no-brainer.
    My TOP X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    Sunfire & Rictor♂♀MonetDani MOONSTARJean GreyIceman
    ArchangelNightcrawlerGambit

    THE GiFTED💚NewMUTANTS💙X-Men:D.P
    ASTONISHing2♦BLUE&RED
    😍

  15. #255
    My FABulous4 Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    Just wanted to elaborate a lil' bit, on the the twins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    ... it’s a plot point that Wanda’s powers and the mind stone are connected.
    Doubt that's by accident. More like, by design. Use your imagination, and think... PSIONICS. Not only in relation to the plethora of TP/TK Mutants, but even beyond, to the elementals & various energy generators/conduits. It's so obvious, even a blind person could see it.
    My TOP X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    Sunfire & Rictor♂♀MonetDani MOONSTARJean GreyIceman
    ArchangelNightcrawlerGambit

    THE GiFTED💚NewMUTANTS💙X-Men:D.P
    ASTONISHing2♦BLUE&RED
    😍

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •