Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 253
  1. #106
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I’m glad Harley is in this, looking forward to seeing more of her interactions with the DC universe, King writes Harley reasonably well so hopefully it’s enjoyable. This thread is very interesting there’s a lot of people who claim to know a lot about Harley Quinn but clearly haven’t read anything she appears in. Apparently she’s a mass murderer?

    Anyway let’s hope King continues to show why he’s one of the top writers in comics today.
    I just hope it doesn't go the way of Identity Crisis because then there would be a problem and many here are apprehensive about this here.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  2. #107
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Maybe Dick has heels on, or Kory is standing in a hole...

    (This was the first thing I noticed about this picture.)
    I never considered those options....

  3. #108
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't think they are the killers - they are suspects, but like any good mystery, first suspects are almost always not the culprits.

    Harley got out during Ivy's reign in Everyone Loves Ivy, and then Batman sent her to Sanctuary with Ivy.
    If Sanctuary has been around awhile, why does Batman keep sending the others to Arkham, which is obviously not the best place to go to for treatment... I don't want to think that he's given up on some and that others like Harley and Ivy are more deserving of help.

  4. #109
    Mighty Member Dethi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If Sanctuary has been around awhile, why does Batman keep sending the others to Arkham, which is obviously not the best place to go to for treatment... I don't want to think that he's given up on some and that others like Harley and Ivy are more deserving of help.
    Because it's probably for "proven" heroes only and not criminals.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

    Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

  5. #110
    Spectacular Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Because it's probably for "proven" heroes only and not criminals.
    Or only for voluntary treatment.

    Personally, one thing I find refreshing about the "Heroes in Crisis" idea is that it's a non-inflationary crossover event. It involves lots of heroes and their relations to each other, but without the world-threatening or universe-shattering implications that have dominated every other event I know of.

  6. #111
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,081

    Default

    First page of Heroes in Crisis...

    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...77751710244865


  7. #112
    BANNED Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,516

    Default

    Damn, I was hoping Ivy could be a lead in this but Harley gotta be plastered everywhere.

    Though that Clay Mann art is amazing as always, so can't hate.

  8. #113
    Psionic Superman stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,458

    Default

    2 things

    I love when the whole DCU get together for a splash page or a entire story,I love the connectivity of this universe.

    The art will be so damn amazing,so even though everyone will be a freaking mess,they will look amazing doing it
    #BRINGBACKKON

    -Don't mess with the S

    -Using the flawed genetic scan as a blueprint,and translating Superman's aura into tactile telekinesis,cadmus created the human super clone

    Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

  9. #114
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If Sanctuary has been around awhile, why does Batman keep sending the others to Arkham, which is obviously not the best place to go to for treatment... I don't want to think that he's given up on some and that others like Harley and Ivy are more deserving of help.
    That I assume will be dealt with in the book.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  10. #115
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,350

    Default

    So having learned some more details about the book, this just keeps looking worse.

    spoilers:
    On the stupid side, The Sanctuary, which has never been referenced before, has apparently been around for five years. Additionally, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have somehow managed to keep it a secret despite various heroes coming in and out of it over the years. And to top it off, these three idiots apparently thought it was a good idea to solely surround these heroes with PTSD with holograms and robots.

    And then there's the fact that the story is gonna be kicked off by everyone currently at the Sanctuary being murdered, so we can expect to see the bodies of some beloved minor characters.
    end of spoilers

    I saw people yesterday drawing comparisons to Identity Crisis and now I'm thinking this will be just as awful.

  11. #116
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So having learned some more details about the book, this just keeps looking worse.

    spoilers:
    On the stupid side, The Sanctuary, which has never been referenced before, has apparently been around for five years. Additionally, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have somehow managed to keep it a secret despite various heroes coming in and out of it over the years. And to top it off, these three idiots apparently thought it was a good idea to solely surround these heroes with PTSD with holograms and robots.

    And then there's the fact that the story is gonna be kicked off by everyone currently at the Sanctuary being murdered, so we can expect to see the bodies of some beloved minor characters.
    end of spoilers

    I saw people yesterday drawing comparisons to Identity Crisis and now I'm thinking this will be just as awful.
    Yeah this I actually agree with. There's some merit to superheroes dealing with trauma but the way it's described here doesn't seem good.

  12. #117
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah this I actually agree with. There's some merit to superheroes dealing with trauma but the way it's described here doesn't seem good.
    They could just be new characters who are of no significance who are dead. Stay cool internet.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-14-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  13. #118
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So having learned some more details about the book, this just keeps looking worse.

    spoilers:
    On the stupid side, The Sanctuary, which has never been referenced before, has apparently been around for five years. Additionally, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have somehow managed to keep it a secret despite various heroes coming in and out of it over the years. And to top it off, these three idiots apparently thought it was a good idea to solely surround these heroes with PTSD with holograms and robots.

    And then there's the fact that the story is gonna be kicked off by everyone currently at the Sanctuary being murdered, so we can expect to see the bodies of some beloved minor characters.
    end of spoilers

    I saw people yesterday drawing comparisons to Identity Crisis and now I'm thinking this will be just as awful.
    Seems weird to completely write off a story based off of that. You don't even have any true context, just baseless assumptions. I would just rather read the first issue and then decide.
    Last edited by Cosmic Black; 06-14-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    My Pulls: Michael Cray, Green Arrow, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Super-Man, Titans, Cyber Force, Moon Knight, Falcon, Spider-Man, Black Hammer, Doctor Star, The Flash, The Terrifics,


    Saying "X don't sell" is one of the things that constantly hold back the comics industry. Maybe "X" didn't sell that one time, but will sell another time if done better or more in tune with contemporary readers.-Tony Isabella

  14. #119
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    This has the potential to be a very powerful story. I’m all in.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

  15. #120
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Seems weird to completely write off a story based off of that. You don't even have any true context, just baseless assumptions. I would just rather read the first issue and then decide.
    I fail to see how it's any less weird to get hyped based off a premise, as some people here have, than it is to be pessimistic based off a premise and significant details.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •