Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hard to do a Nightwing movie without establishing Robin first, right?
    Because everyone kind of already knows who Robin is, you could probably shirt cut it if you had to.

Ideally one would think they would do a Batman movie with Robin fordt though. But honestly DC just seems to be all over the place.

IMO, no one should ever establish a definitive origin for The Joker, either on film or in comics. Having him appear as a mysterious force-of-nature, almost seemingly spat out of nothingness solely to counterbalance the existence of Batman, is the approach that makes his presence most powerful. That's one of the reasons that I love The Dark Knight.
    At this point, I feel it's done more harm to the character than good. It was okay for a while, but "force-of-nature" Joker has done more damage to the character than good in the long run. It's got to the point where there's no longer any consistant character to the Joker. There's no anchor to him so he just becomes SHOCK-EFFECT the Plot Devise.

Standing Member

The thing is if they cut straight to the Nightwing stories, it's like we never got all those Robin adventures with Dick Grayson and that feels like we've been cheated out of the thrill of that story on the big screen. Yes we saw the Boy Wonder in the 1940s Batman serials and in the 1966 movie and TV show and we've seen him in cartoons--but the only Robin we got in modern live action movies is the Chris O'Donnell version. Do we really want that to be the default version of the motion picture Robin?
    They say it's your birthday
    I'm glad it's your birthday
    Happy Birthday to you

Paul McCartney

SOMEONE: I feel like I recognize you.

NIGHTWING: I used to be Batman's partner, but I didn't like what he made me wear so I went solo.

SOMEONE: Oh. Right.

[Actual story continues...]
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just recast Barry. Please.
    Ezra was the most liked actor in the movie, and deservedly so.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think you either loved or you hated him.

I personally think he was a lot of fun on a team setting ... but I'm not sure how well that will work in a solo movie.

www.taurianfilms.com

uh....says who?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    uh....says who?
    *raises hand*...along with at least a couple people here. I mean, I remember coming by some complaints about him after he was initially cast, but they seem to have all evaporated since JL. The only complaints that remained about the DCEU was the overall tone and, well, Superman.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

I'm one of the guys who complained (but maybe more of, "Wait, why him?"), but frankly, he did a fine job. Plus, given his already impressive CV, he's arguably the most versatile actor of the main cast, including Affleck himself -- Miller's played characters from sinister and depraved to quirky kid to dramatic/romantic lead. Gadot is good and can obviously lead a blockbuster, but she's still something of a newb compared to the younger Miller, and the DCEU movies are somehow afraid to let Cavill really do his thing (which is *really* good when he's allowed to let loose).

I keep checking here and trending on YouTube for the Aquaman trailer. Has there been any announcements on when they are gonna drop it. I saw a bunch of rumors after they showed it to people earlier this were that it was dropping in 48hrs. Been more then thats nd the trailer description sounded amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I keep checking here and trending on YouTube for the Aquaman trailer. Has there been any announcements on when they are gonna drop it. I saw a bunch of rumors after they showed it to people earlier this were that it was dropping in 48hrs. Been more then thats nd the trailer description sounded amazing.
    5 weeks

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/15/a...ego-comic-con/
    Last edited by AJBopp; 06-15-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Ugh that's a long wait between the description and EW photos I'm really optimistic about this movie.

Don't buy the Affleck rumors until it actually happens. Show business does stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ugh way too many Batman projects. It's turning into the Batman Cinematic Universe.
    Except they don't even have a Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just recast Barry. Please.
    I like consistency, which is why I'd like Affleck and Cavill to stay, but of the JL cast Miller is the one I'd be happiest to see re-cast.

As for a Joker Origin, I would have zero interest in it.

JL got completely screwed up by the studio, and because of that now the DC that interests me (Most of the JL type characters) seem to be out while all the Bat-centric characters are in. This really isn't a good thing for me and my interest personally.