Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Bad when writers nor editors do their research. But I give him points for trying to fix it, however bad. Nobody has tried to fix the retcon of her & Creed. Marvel acts like they're the Bonnie x Clyde or Chucky x Tiffany on the M.U.

It's clear writers don't know what the Hell to do with Mystique. And they'll pair her up with anybody. Her character is all over the place. And so is Sabretooth now, where he's good or bad depending on the writer's mood. Lol
    Hopefully though I doubt it they fix it. My worry is that they retcon psylocke sanity fix of the character and have her go back to being a one dimensional x-men hating nutjob. The fix in the story was not even a good one. Even if Mystique failed to take out the SK have the character go one on one with her hated enemy not another character.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-15-2018 at 06:13 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar

So I guess I can blame Mark for Sabretooth's destruction this past year, going into 2 years. He pulls Uncanny X-Men. Bunn gets Blue, but Pain still takes Sabretooth & Monet, throws them into lesser books, and pushing Daken into Blue.

In that case, I am glad he's gone. lol The longer these books run, the angrier I get. I am wondering why Bunncanny couldn't have gotten the same, if not longer run-time. The sales most have been horrific. Because Weapon X isn't doing too hot, and they're steadily making more chapters. Hard to believe Bunncanny sold badly enough to get cancelled, and WX hasn't gotten there yet.
    it's equally frustrating that it seemed Bunn was taken off his own ideas and given the O5 only for the O5 to be removed from this book...like what's the point? They didnt even finish the storylines that began with them around (mothervine)

So I guess I can blame Mark for Sabretooth's destruction this past year, going into 2 years. He pulls Uncanny X-Men. Bunn gets Blue, but Pain still takes Sabretooth & Monet, throws them into lesser books, and pushing Daken into Blue.

In that case, I am glad he's gone. lol The longer these books run, the angrier I get. I am wondering why Bunncanny couldn't have gotten the same, if not longer run-time. The sales most have been horrific. Because Weapon X isn't doing too hot, and they're steadily making more chapters. Hard to believe Bunncanny sold badly enough to get cancelled, and WX hasn't gotten there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    it's equally frustrating that it seemed Bunn was taken off his own ideas and given the O5 only for the O5 to be removed from this book...like what's the point? They didnt even finish the storylines that began with them around (mothervine)
    And if that wasn't disrespectful enough, everything he DID accomplish in his Uncanny X-Men run got erased in Soule's Astonishing...only to happen AGAIN as part of some emotional ending.

No secret Marvel is a mess. Now they're bringing back Iceman because it did good in trade, regardless of the bombing in sales during the run. But Bunncanny is still out

Monet could be in a book right now, and instead is off to limbo because they needlessly took her from Bunn, threw her in GenX to be a one-note villain, then cancelled the series.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

No secret Marvel is a mess. Now they're bringing back Iceman because it did good in trade, regardless of the bombing in sales during the run. But Bunncanny is still out

Monet could be in a book right now, and instead is off to limbo because they needlessly took her from Bunn, threw her in GenX to be a one-note villain, then cancelled the series.
    I actually liked M-plate :-x

It wasn't "1 note" really IMO and with more issues Strain probably could have done much more
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I actually liked M-plate :-x

It wasn't "1 note" really IMO and with more issues Strain probably could have done much more
    She tried to push QQ far too much. "I'm going to change him" attitude didn't float when most of the other characters barely got any panel time. The art didnt help with sales.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

She tried to push QQ far too much. "I'm going to change him" attitude didn't float when most of the other characters barely got any panel time. The art didnt help with sales.
    Yeah I think what doomed the book was people hated the art and there weren't really that many very popular characters in it
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Not really surprising when you think about it. He was the X-Men senior editor from may 2015 to mars/april 2018 so basically one of the worst X-Men era. Under his tenure the franchise as a whole became a mess and was directionless, so replacing him with Jordan D. White was a step in the right direction.

We'll see next year if White can clean up this mess and put the X-Men's franchise back on track.

Those beaver teeth were the stuff of nightmares lol
    Last edited by Hush; 06-15-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    You think Mags would pick Havok and Emma after what went down during Mothervine?
    Maybe, you never know with some writers.

Rethinking it I think it would be cool to see Young X-Men alligned themselves with Magneto against the O5 or maybe the students from the Hellfire Academy (Mudbug, Tin Man, Infestation)
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

Astonishing Member

Keep havok in Astonixhing X men. This Emma business is already grating..she should be in X men Red terrorizing Jean.