Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I thought WW was not active before Justice League...how did she escape detection in the 80s?

TT
    The 80s was still prior to the time when we had cameras everywhere. All she has to do is avoid being filmed and she could still operate with a minimal risk of being exposed.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I thought WW was not active before Justice League...how did she escape detection in the 80s?

TT
    I'm sure most everyone is ignoring Justice League...
    Richard Alexander

TT
    My guess is Maxwell Lord, played by Pedro Pascal, does a world-wide mind wipe

Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    My guess is Maxwell Lord, played by Pedro Pascal, does a world-wide mind wipe
    Could he have made her forget how to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Could he have made her forget how to fly?
    PJ said Wonder Woman is at the “height” of her power so she could conceivably learn how to fly and forget it when Lord resets her brain to factory settings

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    PJ said Wonder Woman is at the “height” of her power so she could conceivably learn how to fly and forget it when Lord resets her brain to factory settings
    It would be a bad way to explain her lack of flight in other movies.

I know this isn't going to be the case, but I am trying to find ways (comic book reasons) about why she might have flight in this movie, but not in subsequent others.

And, put me as one of the people that hasn't forgotten Justice League. She still couldn't fly and was totally ineffectual against Supes and SW. I guess we are lucky that Supes, timewise, can't be in this movie otherwise any world ending plots would be rendered moot. Supes would come in to save the day.

I know this isn't going to be the case, but I am trying to find ways (comic book reasons) about why she might have flight in this movie, but not in subsequent others.

And, put me as one of the people that hasn't forgotten Justice League. She still couldn't fly and was totally ineffectual against Supes and SW. I guess we are lucky that Supes, timewise, can't be in this movie otherwise any world ending plots would be rendered moot. Supes would come in to save the day.
    She was using the Invisible Jet, She sacrifices part of her powers to save Cheetah or bring back Steve, Cheetah or another villain attacks her at the part of the body that allows her to fly and injures it, Dr. Psycho hypnotizes her into forgetting how to fly, or...since its the 80s Wonder Woman gets AIDS and it takes away her ability to fly
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    She was using the Invisible Jet, She sacrifices part of her powers to save Cheetah or bring back Steve, Cheetah or another villain attacks her at the part of the body that allows her to fly and injures it, Dr. Psycho hypnotizes her into forgetting how to fly, or...since its the 80s Wonder Woman gets AIDS and it takes away her ability to fly
    Very comic booky.

I think I will stick with the idea that she was never meant to fly in the DCEU. They can't let a female potentially outshine their money maker, Superman.

Did I say money maker? Wasn't Wonder Woman the more profitable movie over Man of Steel?

Hmmm, makes you think what the higher ups in the DCEU really think of Wonder Woman.

Fantastic Member

In my head, I just believe that she can fly. How else did she journey to the island in DoJ and "drop" down into the middle of battle from above? Did she hire a helicopter? Did she "leap" from the top of a skyscraper on the mainland?

What was she doing at the very end of Wonder Woman when she jumped off the roof of the building? Planning on making a giant pot hole in the ground when she landed?

How did she get to the top of the Justice statue in JL? Did she really waste precious time climbing up there to get an eagle eyed look at the roof of a building? Did she "leap" up there for some reason?

It's ridiculous and aggravating and nonsensical that they continue to refuse to simply show Wonder Woman "flying" under her own power in any of the big screen movies. But, I choose to believe that there are enough hints to indicate that she can fly. Unfortunately, she apparently has a poor memory when it comes to her abilities and forgets about her ability to fly at certain moments (e.g. escaping the flooding tunnels in JL by hanging onto the back of Batman's mechanical cockroach instead of flying (or leaping) up, up and away).

Patty Jenkins rewrote that. Saying Diana was in a way active. In JL and Wonder Woman seems she can at least float in someway. I mean other than the Superfriends and her animation movie any other animation has her flying. Why can't she fly?
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on