Mighty Member

Default Toriko vs. Jin Mo-Ri vs. Son Goku

The Combatants for this match are

Toriko, the Gourmet Hunter

Jin Mo-Ri, the Monkey King Reborn

Son Goku, the Super Sayian (Specifically, the Son Goku from the Namek Arc)

who wins?

Huh. Not sure what got this closed earlier, but we are re-open for business!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I think, in a rare turn of events, Goku might actually a bit out of his depth at the time of Namek Saga.

Both Toriko and Mori have absolutely absurdly high physical stats. Like... Goku's best strength feat at this time was what... elbow checking Frieza through that island? That is literally kids stuff to Mori and Toriko. His only option is to try and blast them with energy attacks and... again, I'm not liking his chances given how both of his opponents have wildly more diverse options than he does.

Toriko, assuming series end, is like... either lightspeed or a ridiculous fraction of it even without speculating about his potential to manipulate the back channel. Mori was dodging real lightning multiple story arcs ago and does stuff like blitz dudes who run across countries in an instant.

To my mind this is Toriko vs Mori and I think I just about back the food hunter. The power curve took so many absurd jumps in the final sequence that I think Mori loses out.

EDIT: Having reread most of the final battle of Toriko, I definitely think he takes it. There is some wild stuff in Toriko as a series. Midora is quite ridiculous in terms of his ability copying, massive regeneration and sheer offensive power. Mori could maybe get some wins if he immediately goes Jaebongchim x250,000, that was him being on the level "accidentally the planet" but then he has the rebound to deal with if Toriko lives past his limit.

His absolute peak of power momentarily extinguished the Sun, which is pretty wild but that was Jaebongchim 250,000 + Borrowing power from Mori Hui (a skill he's never used again) and it was Kick of Imoogi + Blue Dragon Kick which is their respective strongest move. Toriko doesn't want to get hit by that but that's a big thing to pin your whole strategy on.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-10-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    Twitter

Tumblr

Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

Art Thread on CBR

Mighty Member

Note that Namek arc also means Goku's got access to Super Sayian if that makes a difference

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Note that Namek arc also means Goku's got access to Super Sayian if that makes a difference
    Given how fast and strong Toriko and Mori are at their respective peaks, I don't think it makes much of a difference. I can't think of a strength or speed feat that puts him in the range of Toriko. At Super Sayain he might be as fast as Mori was during the Ragnarok war - without him using Jaebongchim that is - which means he could... like... break his hands on Mori's absurd durability or get mobbed by clones or smashed up by Yeoui.

Seriously, one really significant strength feat - Uriel in GoH is capable of holding back an entire planet flying at her by herself temporarily with raw strength. She attempts to lift Yeoui and with some effort gets it above her head. It's then revealed that what she lifted was a clone staff, since Mori can just make those at will, and he tosses her the real Yeoui to try and hold it. She catches it and the weight is so much that it tears her arms off at the elbow.

Planetary level strength can't lift Yeoui and Mori swings that thing around with ease. He can manipulate its weight to make it easier but he regularly has shown that he just carries an absurdly heavy weapon around all the time. Goku does not want to get hit by him.

Yeoui has also been used to smash multiple planets out of the solar system.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-11-2018 at 07:16 AM.
    Twitter

Tumblr

Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

Art Thread on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I dont think it does. He still gets blitzed and eaten by toriko. I don't know about the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Like... Goku's best strength feat at this time was what... elbow checking Frieza through that island?
    As an SSJ? He was manhandling Frieza when Frieza was only stung by a KKx20. Then Frieza powered up from there and Goku could still do more damage with his physical attacks than something like a KKx20. So his striking ability is up there where he maims guys who laugh off planet busting+ attacks.

Toriko, assuming series end, is like... either lightspeed or a ridiculous fraction of it even without speculating about his potential to manipulate the back channel. Mori was dodging real lightning multiple story arcs ago and does stuff like blitz dudes who run across countries in an instant.[/QUOTE]

Well Kid Goku was mentioned as having to move faster than lightning in order to compete with Popos training. Most of the speed is scaling from whenever a character moves so fast that they blitz the other. At max maybe a fraction of light by the time of Namek with SSJ? If the other two are near light then that would give them enough of the edge to blitz. But can they do so before Goku unleashes an aoe? Can they take KKx20 Kamehameha level attacks and above?

I've read from other threads that Toriko characters typically dish out more than they can tank, is that true?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.